What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs Storm

boardlumps62

Juniors
didnt see or hear the game just read your views So how did blacker do in his 10 minutes -- does he show "promise"

Nice to end the season on a win and lets hope griffin can announce a good signing or 2 very soon to give us more hope for 21..
Next year with a proper coach w eshould all be much happier !!!!!!!!!!!!!
lets look forward to plenty of banter in the off season
He will go well but fitness brings him undone. Some as last time he had a run in Top Grade made a tackle struggled tio get back to fill the gaps. Maybe not his fault but that is exactly what's needed make a tackle get back I to the line. It's either his fitness or the team needs to adjust while he gets back. They will work it out he is a MONSTER!!!

George Sancti

Juniors
Listening to Griffin He didn't mention Clune in any conversation, but talked about Hunt taking them within one play of a premiership at 7 & Young Sullivan coming through. I would be very surprised if that is not our starting combination next year

You could be right Slippery5. I think Sullivan would combine better with Hunt than the what either Norman or Clune have throughout 2020. Having said that, I think the Sullivan - Clune combination worked quite well today.

BLM01

First Grade
Yeah, like the time the ball went through the backline, got to Aitken, Feagai outside him with an overlap and Aitken passed it, back inside to Host who got smothered by the Storm defense.

Ahhh, classic Euan, gonna miss those moments...

NOT!
I Have no idea where Euie the hog plays at the Warriors. They have 2 good centres today in Keighran & Hiku
Great effort on the 6th tackle for a solo bash and barge try with 4 blokes screaming for the ball in the backs. Thought he would steal the limelight for his last game.
Reggies..bound?

Dragonsdiehard

Juniors
We beat the cheating purple slime so I'm happy. So good to take a win after a shit year. loved when the camera panned to Bellamy. I think I counted five f..ks in a six word sentence from him. There was something different out there today instead of the same dreary play that became the norm under McGregor. I don't put that down to DY either. Really looking forward to 2021 brings under Hook. Finally a change!!

Good to know I’m not the only one that thinks Storm are the modern day Canterbury Bankstown of old. I’ve never known a team to be coached to be as low as Bellyache’s bunch of filthy, cheating, injurious, every-cheap-shot-in-the-book players. I don’t understand why the refs continually let Melbourne get away with that BS leg pulling, twisting, wrenching, wrestling, walking 4 metres off the ruck rubbish. Just infuriates me no end.

Gareth67

First Grade
Cannot believe that he thinks that the 2 players on report have no case to answer ? To him their ‘ back-alley thuggery ‘ is all standard play . He has brought the game to a very low standard when he introduced the wrestling tactics ( bearing in mind that they did employ a Kwai Kwon Doe (?) instructor many seasons back ) compared with the free flowing rugby league that was enjoyed by zillions of fans over many decades .

We could write a volume of books based upon their illegal tactics over the years - probably on par with the G.O.T. books . But what’s the point , the powers to be have never taken concrete steps to stop this disgusting blight on the game . By doing nothing they have allowed the illegal tactics to not only continue , but flourish .

As a consequence most teams now need to do the same to stay on par with the Storm .
Salary cap scandal and the most decrepit style of defense has sent the game backwards .

Rant over .:rage:

rasaint

Juniors
Must say that Brandon Smith is a powerhouse but seems to just get up and then walk forward up the field with impunity. There was one occasion I reckon it was 2 1/2 metres gain.

We were penalised twice for crowding as the storm player got to his feet and just walked forward into the dragons marker and dropped the ball on the ground. The crowding call against Cameron McInnis in particular was total rubbish.

Gareth67

First Grade
Must say that Brandon Smith is a powerhouse but seems to just get up and then walk forward up the field with impunity. There was one occasion I reckon it was 2 1/2 metres gain.

We were penalised twice for crowding as the storm player got to his feet and just walked forward into the dragons marker and dropped the ball on the ground. The crowding call against Cameron McInnis in particular was total rubbish.

Probably the result of good tuition from his namesake .

Dragsters

First Grade
I Have no idea where Euie the hog plays at the Warriors. They have 2 good centres today in Keighran & Hiku
Great effort on the 6th tackle for a solo bash and barge try with 4 blokes screaming for the ball in the backs. Thought he would steal the limelight for his last game.
Reggies..bound?

Keighran will be the patsy again.

Hiku is their best centre.

Wittenberg

Juniors
All game Clune and Sullivan were hit as they kicked, or well after they had kicked the ball. It was obviously an attempt to bash Sullivan out of the game. And all game in many tackles our players were wrestled around to have to turn back to their front to play the ball. This slowed down our attack. What upset me was that we did not fight fire with fire and target their kickers or run in to push their tackler to the ground after our kicker was hit late as a show of protection of our halves and a way of highlighting the issue to the referee. Cam is inspirational but we need a leader who can get in the referees’ face and show aggression when we need it.

possm

Coach
All game Clune and Sullivan were hit as they kicked, or well after they had kicked the ball. It was obviously an attempt to bash Sullivan out of the game. And all game in many tackles our players were wrestled around to have to turn back to their front to play the ball. This slowed down our attack. What upset me was that we did not fight fire with fire and target their kickers or run in to push their tackler to the ground after our kicker was hit late as a show of protection of our halves and a way of highlighting the issue to the referee. Cam is inspirational but we need a leader who can get in the referees’ face and show aggression when we need it.
McInnes is not the captain we need. He is great in defence and when he is inclined to do so, he kicks well from dummy half. Cam often shows good line-speed but fails as a captain to insist on his fellow team-mates to follow his lead. Cam very rarely argues with the ref over poor decisions or unfairness towards the Dragons. I really do believe McInnes performance on the field would improve significantly if he was relevied of the captaincy.

I am sure Griffin will become aware of this and other problems over the off-season. I have confidence in him addressing them in a positive way.

Turned on the radio as Melbourne we’re scoring their third try.

Have watched the game twice now.

Bud Sullivan is an old style footballer. Tough, excellent in defence. Great short kicking game. Played what was in front of him. Very good debut.

Max Fegai is going to be a gun centre. Runs hard and has a good step. Solid in the air. Hits like a Mac truck.

Blacker is a huge unit. Look forward to see him next season. Saw enough to suggest he will secure a bench spot by midway though next season.

Ramsey is a flyer and very safe under the high ball. Needs to add 5 plus kilos of muscle to be more effective rucking the ball out from our end.

Cam McInnes had a blinder.

Disappointed to see Host go.

Lawrie as always had a go. Next season is crunch time for him.

We need several astute signing in the forwards to avoid the spoon next season.

2 mongrels for the front row.

2 gun back rowers.

I am keen to see Hunt/Sullivan play in the halves next pre-season.

Dufty as always dangerous in attack. Poor positioning and slow to get across to tackle the Storm winger.

No foreseeable challenge on the horizon for Dufty.

Ramsey lacks the size but is super safe under the bomb. Not big enough or strong enough to defend close to the line yet.

Lomax is an excellent right centre. Could play Full back at a pinch, but I prefer to see him play centre for the time being.

Irrespective of the circumstances, great to see the team beat the purple scum.

redv13

Bench
Our backline showed real potential for the future but our forwards are weak and getting weaker. We need at least one physically intimidating prop and very few are around.
It’s all good, we’ll end up signing Tolman or Packer but if we’re really lucky we may just jag both :face_palm_tone1:♂️:face_palm_tone1:♂️

Dragon David

First Grade
If Cam is to be the Captain next year, Griffin needs to tell him to use his mouth more and say something. I am sure he can speak, can't he? I don't see him rallying the troops constantly and yelling out orders.

He has got to say much more to the players and the refs. It is good to see him make a lot of tackles and run through gaps from dummy half, but as a Captain he needs to do more talking.

gitano

Juniors
Slomax hands are very very bad. His impersonation of a witches hat was very on point though

be55

Juniors
If Cam is to be the Captain next year, Griffin needs to tell him to use his mouth more and say something. I am sure he can speak, can't he? I don't see him rallying the troops constantly and yelling out orders.

He has got to say much more to the players and the refs. It is good to see him make a lot of tackles and run through gaps from dummy half, but as a Captain he needs to do more talking.
Mate i agree with you that Cam could speak up a little but surely this is not a hard fix...if Hook wants him to have more of a presence on the field as far as our players go and for him to communicate more with referees he probably just needs to ask him to do that...it's not a hard fix seriously...

I can't for the life of me understand people questioning his credentials as captain over something as minor as talking to referees.

I played 1st 15 for the school i went to in the mid 90's and our captain was our openside breakaway. He wasn't captain because of his communicating skills he was captain because he was nearly always the first one to the breakdown and he lead us by example and we followed.

Reading your post i know your not really criticising Cam, but for mine while he is in our team he needs to be captain to set the example for others to follow. If Hook is concerned a conversation will fix that but i think Cam is a born leader and a perfect choice for the role...

Latest posts