What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
I think Moses is a fair chance of costing too much for us after next year (he has a player option so he will be receiving offers). But as you say, everyone needs backups. Look at all the nuffies who ran out for Melbourne today.
I think you are right and again he was shit over the weekend and overshadowed by a back up player in Will Smith who won the game for us.

I’m thinking he needs to lift in 2021 or we part ways.

hindy111

Post Whore
Will be interesting. If we did get belted 2 weeks un a row then I reckon BA might get punted or atleast some sort of shake up in the coaching staff....

But will we? Finals does funny things. We might just click. Let's hope so.

Noise

Coach
I think you are right and again he was shit over the weekend and overshadowed by a back up player in Will Smith who won the game for us.

The problem is there aren’t enough first grade halves going around. Who would we replace him with? I don’t reckon Flanagan would be any better than Moses in our system.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The problem is there aren’t enough first grade halves going around. Who would we replace him with? I don’t reckon Flanagan would be any better than Moses in our system.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but...

We COULD go either:

6. Gutgerson
7. Brown,

Or

6. Matterson
7. Brown,

Or

6. Taikarangi
7. Brown

while we scour the open market for a replacement halfback, should Moses leave.

Incorrect

Coach
I'm not saying it's perfect, but...

We COULD go either:

6. Gutgerson
7. Brown,

Or

6. Matterson
7. Brown,

Or

6. Taikarangi
7. Brown

while we scour the open market for a replacement halfback, should Moses leave.
Long term a Gutho/Drown halves combo would be my pick. Gutho wouldn't like it.... Then again, is halves money worth more than fullback money??

Make Brimson an offer...

1. Brimson

6. Gutho
7. Dylbags

9. Mahoney

84 Baby

Referee
Yea but that still requires a replacement half. There’s just not enough of them to go around.
If Drown can cover Moses weaknesses, then the other half just needs to cover Moses’ strengths (running, goal kicking and long kicks). The problem is the players who can cover that are probably too expensive anyway.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Long term a Gutho/Drown halves combo would be my pick. Gutho wouldn't like it.... Then again, is halves money worth more than fullback money??

Make Brimson an offer...

1. Brimson

6. Gutho
7. Dylbags

9. Mahoney

The sweetener for Gutherson may be that he is more likely to make the NSW Origin squad at 5/8, than at fullback - he will never depose Trbojevic, or Tedesco, but competition for the 5/8 spot is a more level playing field for him, imo.

It's all just talking aloud, anyway.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

We won't be parting ways if he doesn't get any better offers elsewhere.

84 Baby

Referee
Best thing about going to the game on Saturday night is I won’t have to read the muppets on here saying we’ve already lost, we’re a disgrace and BA should be sacked when we are not leading 30-0 after 10 mins...
I’m sure there’s internet coverage at Suncorp by now

eels_fan

First Grade
So the NRL has decided that Clearly wont lose the 6 Dally M points for his suspension as per nrl rules, because his suspension was due to an incident off the field.

The basically guarantees their poster boy the award, which is exactly what they wanted.

I guarantee you had it been any other player, it wouldn't happen and reeks of Phil Gould getting in the CEO's ear.

Gutho will come second, and would have won the award if not for this decision.

Gronk

Staff member
So the NRL has decided that Clearly wont lose the 6 Dally M points for his suspension as per nrl rules, because his suspension was due to an incident off the field.

The basically guarantees their poster boy the award, which is exactly what they wanted.

I guarantee you had it been any other player, it wouldn't happen and reeks of Phil Gould getting in the CEO's ear.

Gutho will come second, and would have won the award if not for this decision.
All true.

Eelctrifying

Juniors
I do feel for Moses. He and Drown haven't a good solid season together with one going down or then the other. Let's just see how this plays out over the next season if they can get some consistency.