What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football Staff for 2021

Gareth67

First Grade
Well I am as happy as one of my ex-hogs wallowing in mud ! As already said by others - a hell of an improvement on the dregs that we have had thrown down our throats over the last 7 years .

May the mighty Dragons begin their rebuild with confidence and plenty of real coaching experience.

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
Very impressed with these assistant appointments.

Elliott is a really good game analyst, he will he able to break down every game before and after.
Gentle has proven he can handle the big stage and has done wondwrs to keep Brisbane from imploding on themselves. That was a tough gig.

The Acadamy idea is also fantastic. This should have been in place years ago as many orher clubs have.

I have a real positivity about 2021, and these appointments will also act as a magnet for players.

Not sure about Haran being the GM as I feel, in some part, he was party to what had previously gone on.
Millward survives for now, but I have a feeling his days will he numbered if he cant deliver the 'goods', hiwever, I'm sure Griffin will be all over recruitement moving forward.

Overall, very positive and considering both Gentle and Elliott are 'old boys', they have served their time elsewhere and would hardly recognise the club from their times as players.[/QUOT

Fantastic to see Matt Elliott back at the Dragons. Wonder if he’ll have 44 on his back.

I assume Matt will be coaching attack

Coffs dragon

Bench
Well I am as happy as one of my ex-hogs wallowing in mud ! As already said by others - a hell of an improvement on the dregs that we have had thrown down our throats over the last 7 years .

May the mighty Dragons begin their rebuild with confidence and plenty of experience.
Gareth it’s like going from the three stooges in 2019 to the three wise men come 2021 in coaching comparison & experience. Big improvement!

Is this all part of the Gus Gould claytons review. LOL

Maddragon99

Juniors
I think Elliott is like Price, Seibold, Gentle etc. A good assistant coach but not suited to the head coaching role.

I’m happy to see both Elliot & Gentle back. Elliott in particular brings a lot of character, He’s been around the block a few times & will be a good influence on the kids, I assume Elliott will be coaching attack.

SAP58

Juniors
Matt Elliott was on the Mathew Johns show on Fox a couple of weeks ago and said he was really keen to get back into coaching. I thought then gee he has a lot of experience here and in the UK but then forgot about him. I am and from other comments from forum members happy with Hooks selections and cant wait until 2021.

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth it’s like going from the three stooges in 2019 to the three wise men come 2021 in coaching comparison & experience. Big improvement!

Is this all part of the Gus Gould claytons review. LOL

Your certainly about that Coffs .This group of gents all have one track minds which are firmly set on obtaining success in rugby league .

Somewhat like the storm that finally breaks after a long hot dry spell when a man has the smell of dust in his nostrils and then comes the downpour , washing away the dust and grime of the year , refreshing and bringing new life to the land .

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
Your certainly about that Coffs .

But you know what the real standout is among the names - there’s not a painter among them ! This group of gents all have one track minds which are firmly set on obtaining success in rugby league .

Ian Millward has had his job cut in half as well which is another welcome change. Junior Pathways are now with Matty Head & Timmo big improvement

blacksafake

First Grade
On the whole, very promising signings.
Have always enjoyed Elliots insights on ABC radio which hopefully has a positive impact on the players.
As for Gentle I don’t know a lot about him but he seemed to do a good job under trying circumstances with the broncos.
Now just a couple of good prop signings to ice the cake.

Maddragon99

Juniors
On the whole, very promising signings.
Have always enjoyed Elliots insights on ABC radio which hopefully has a positive impact on the players.
As for Gentle I don’t know a lot about him but he seemed to do a good job under trying circumstances with the broncos.
Now just a couple of good prop signings to ice the cake.

Expect to see signing announcements soon as well. My mood has already lifted

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Elliot has a good understanding of the game. He is in the Brian Smith mould.

In that he is a great add to our coaching.

And just like Brian he can break other teams down. He is no first grade coach due to his fail in man management.