What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Unwanted Canterbury forward Aiden Tolman believes he is the ideal senior mentor for a club as he looks to secure his NRL future at a rival team.
Tolman is on the lookout for a new team after being told he wasn’t part of the Bulldogs’ plans next season under new coach Trent Barrett.

I don't follow him, but he give it to us in our games against the dogs?

Is he worth a look?

Shredder

Juniors
I think he would be great on a two year deal.

Tough as nails and would help improve the professionalism of our young pack.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
So we have 9 positions vacant next year (including McQueen) We have announced 1 signing.
Anyone want to get in early with some top quality player signing rumors?

I will kick of with an " I wish one"

The Storm have snapped up Robert Jennings in order for J A C to join the Tigers at seasons end.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
So we have 9 positions vacant next year (including McQueen) We have announced 1 signing.

The Storm have snapped up Robert Jennings in order for J A C to join the Tigers at seasons end.
I'd seriously consider offering Jennings and BJ to the Storm for JAC, we have coverage in the centres with Doueihi, Mbye, Momo and Talau, plus the weekend proved BJ is no major loss to our team. Left field signing would be Jackson Hastings, has really pulled his head in since going to England and i'm assuming Madge still has links at Wigan where he could do a deal, maybe swap with Reynolds.

Vic Mackey

Referee

We only have a handful of spots available, 2 or 3

New signings:
James Tamou
Stefano Utoikamanu

Upgraded from Development:
Jock Madden
Kane Bradley
Jake Simpkins
Zac Cini

Das Hassler

Bench
I'd seriously consider offering Jennings and BJ to the Storm for JAC, we have coverage in the centres with Doueihi, Mbye, Momo and Talau, plus the weekend proved BJ is no major loss to our team. Left field signing would be Jackson Hastings, has really pulled his head in since going to England and i'm assuming Madge still has links at Wigan where he could do a deal, maybe swap with Reynolds.

Pretty sure Jennings is no longer ours to offer. ..i think his contract is up ?

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Unwanted Canterbury forward Aiden Tolman believes he is the ideal senior mentor for a club as he looks to secure his NRL future at a rival team.
Tolman is on the lookout for a new team after being told he wasn’t part of the Bulldogs’ plans next season under new coach Trent Barrett.

I don't follow him, but he give it to us in our games against the dogs?

Is he worth a look?

No, not under any circumstances.

Slow, small, soft. He's regrettably the exact type of player we've signed previously - which is hugely worrying

Mario chalmers

Juniors
We only have a handful of spots available, 2 or 3

New signings:
James Tamou
Stefano Utoikamanu

Upgraded from Development:
Jock Madden
Kane Bradley
Jake Simpkins
Zac Cini

I think you are forgetting Reece Hoffman is part of the FT squad and Momirovski is also contracted for next year. Pascoe confirmed Momirovksi on Twitter.

That means right now we have one spot left and I assume that we have offered JAC a contract which he has accepted.

For any new player to come in we'd need to release players. I still hope that Reynolds and Packer can be shipped out

Rhyse Martin (Leeds currently outstanding goalkicker) and Jason Saab (rumoured that Griffin won't release him to Manly unless they get something back in return) would be top priorities.

I wonder if the Saints would consider swapping Packer for Saab? Hook said he is looking for forwards...

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think you are forgetting Reece Hoffman is part of the FT squad and Momirovski is also contracted for next year. Pascoe confirmed Momirovksi on Twitter.

That means right now we have one spot left and I assume that we have offered JAC a contract which he has accepted.

For any new player to come in we'd need to release players. I still hope that Reynolds and Packer can be shipped out

Rhyse Martin (Leeds currently outstanding goalkicker) and Jason Saab (rumoured that Griffin won't release him to Manly unless they get something back in return) would be top priorities.

I wonder if the Saints would consider swapping Packer for Saab? Hook said he is looking for forwards...

Yep good pick up re Momo

however Hoffman is (luckily) on a 2 year development contract, like Madden and Bradley were

Is see the problem with Alex Johnston not being signed from a WT point of view is that he is still in his prime, now if he had a career ending injury that was hindering him and had lost his speed we would offer him overs on a four year deal immediately :joy:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Blew it? Not exactly the phrase I would describe sticking to your guns.

Yeah exactly. I actually think this article is really good for us. It sends a message that we aren't paying overs for players anymore. Even if we have to deal with a few years of nobody wanting to come to the Tigers, it will completely change the perception that players can come here for an easy pay-day.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Some may be happy to know this:)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/ece388c8afb1d75ba5e99666142b3bc8

Top tryscorer was ‘very close’ to signing with Tigers. But the club blew it with a lowball offer

I'm ok with that. For me AJ is more an icing on the top type of player (at least for us). I would rather miss out on a player or 2 like him by offering reasonable contracts than be stuck in salary cap purgatory like we are at the moment with contracts like those offered to Packer and Reynolds.

Strengthen the forward pack and fix the spine and players like AJ will end up coming to us for the value we offered him.

Perth Tiger

Bench

We still have 4 spots left, although it is likely that McIntyre will take up one of those spots and looks like we have kept a spot free for JAC and possibly still holding out hope for Grant so there should be at least 1 other new player

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Anyone who thinks we should sign Tolman, honestly do you not watch footy? He's a small forward that offers nothing in attack, minimal post contact metres & doesn't dominate in tackles. Exactly the type of player we don't need & have been trying to get players off our books that are the same.

Last edited:

Latest posts