What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Lawrie

slippery5

Juniors
BTW If you understand props he has no need to get faster
He needs to just learn to position his body st impact by getting a fraction lower to bounce off a few tackles and be a little bit harder to put down
A bit of footwork that will come in time and good coaching
I can see what you are saying would help him, but he has Very slow twitch muscles, which impact on him getting in position after he is involved in a tackle usually allowing the dummy half to take advantage of it & it's obvious coaches have instructed them to run from there after he has made a tackle. I feel it's dae sha vu in some thinking he is a work horse just like Leeson Ah Mau who also had his critics & some ( me) feel we need to set the bar higher.
All good if you think he is to a standard you think he can go onto in coming years, but I don't & believe so. Personality was the only reason Timms was not given a go ahead of him, because he out performed Lawrie in every aspect of the game.

to_ddeath

Coach
Has terrible goal line defence, submits too easily in tackles & lacks impact.
Basically the current version of D.Hunt, not a fan & cant see him being part of a high-achieving squad going forward.

slippery5

Juniors
Basically the current version of D.Hunt, not a fan & cant see him being part of a high-achieving squad going forward.
Ouch, I was trying to be nice about him, those who think he shows any sign of good things to come, even under a different coach should name a team in the top 8 ( other than Sharks) that he would get a start.

redv13

Bench
I can see what you are saying would help him, but he has Very slow twitch muscles, which impact on him getting in position after he is involved in a tackle usually allowing the dummy half to take advantage of it & it's obvious coaches have instructed them to run from there after he has made a tackle. I feel it's dae sha vu in some thinking he is a work horse just like Leeson Ah Mau who also had his critics & some ( me) feel we need to set the bar higher.
All good if you think he is to a standard you think he can go onto in coming years, but I don't & believe so. Personality was the only reason Timms was not given a go ahead of him, because he out performed Lawrie in every aspect of the game.
Not one other team picked up Timms. Wonder why....

slippery5

Juniors
Not one other team picked up Timms. Wonder why....
What, you think that not getting a start in 1st grade for others to see him had something to do with it?
Spud Carrol said personally to him "he was an NRL player every day of the week"
When Harry Grant was talked about by Sterlo on his signing with the Tigers he said "he can't comment because he hasn't seen him play 1st hand"

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I suspect the two areas Lawrie needs to improve the "most" are:

Initial contact in defence in general
Initial contact in defence on the line

The kid plays above his weight and his age for a prop
He is a goer and well worth keeping if we can add more dynamic players around him.
He is on peanuts and does a good job which has been a nice trajectory of improvement this season

I must admit I am surprised Lawrie gets more criticism the say a few others in the team

tumbidragon

First Grade
Would love to see him back to the form where he hounded Keary I think out of the game against the roosters. Soooo good.
We really need him to fire next year with Tyson gone and the JDB case in hand. Vaughan seems to of checked out also. Not a lot of leadership or exp up front... To compound that, our up and coming forwards have been given very little gametime considering the season was gone 10 Rnds. ago. Cheers Team McGregor/Young.

ALSGI

Bench
We really need him to fire next year with Tyson gone and the JDB case in hand. Vaughan seems to of checked out also. Not a lot of leadership or exp up front... To compound that, our up and coming forwards have been given very little gametime considering the season was gone 10 Rnds. ago. Cheers Team McGregor/Young.
Even if they can fire TSims up he’ll miss most of the season through injury or suspension at best.
Time for alternatives Imo.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Even if they can fire TSims up he’ll miss most of the season through injury or suspension at best.
Time for alternatives Imo.
Maybe, hopefully it was just one of those years. Suspensions can be fixed somewhat, hopefully his injuries are behind him. I would agree with you if there were better options.

The calm one

Juniors
Lacks impact. That's why he tops the metres gained for our front rowers. Whatever shit your on is doing your head in. Stay calm and get off it

Latest posts