What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hook's Heroes

Old Timer

Coach
It is truly fair to say that the fog hanging over our club for these last 9 long years is starting to lift.

We have gone for a wily old school coach in Griffin who has the power and respect to be able bring in his own team and start afresh.

I am truly excited in that we may see a transformation back to sound philosophy in that you can teach young men to play great football and have pride and respect for the jersey they wear.

Whilst I was excited about the Bennett era and the long overdue GF win I have to say the most exciting time for me was Bath's Babes GF win in 77 and the more mature side that won again in 79.

It was interesting that in the GF games of 77 we used a total of 16 players in the squad with ages as follows (caveat is that the age quoted is what they turned in the year not necessarily on GF day)
1 x 33 (god bless Barry Beath) 3 x 26, 1 x 24, 3 x 23, 3 x 22, 4 x 21, 1 x 20.

From what I have read of Hook and his ideas that are already filtering through I look forward to "Hook's Heroes" and the names of many young players becoming heroes to old and young (excuse the pun) alike.

So many good young kids in the system already and now they have a real chance to grow under a proven system run by a man who has runs on the board and no doubt Hook will get the necessary hard heads and even more youth who will all grow into quality players.

Feagai x 2, Sullivan, Ramsey, Ford, Blacker but the tip of the iceberg.

I can't wait for the offseason to be over and the new era begin.

Sloth

Juniors
When does the pre season begin? When does Hook and co officially start, is it November 1?

An old school head coach and a fruitloop assistant that presents no threat but may actually be good value reading minds and games . . we'll see. And let's face it we couldn't do worse or could we!?

Old Timer

Coach
We already have a thread discussing hook & his heroes.
Well what you quoted was a thread about “Football Staff for 2021“ which is not actually what this thread is about or can’t you comprehend the reference to “young players” and that hopefully they will be the “new heroes” for supporters young and old alike.

By all means if you want to discuss football staff in depth go to the thread you referenced and when you want to discuss the synergies of Baths Babes and Hooks Heroes you might find this thread the correct one.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Well what you quoted was a thread about “Football Staff for 2021“ which is not actually what this thread is about or can’t you comprehend the reference to “young players” and that hopefully they will be the “new heroes” for supporters young and old alike.

By all means if you want to discuss football staff in depth go to the thread you referenced and when you want to discuss the synergies of Baths Babes and Hooks Heroes you might find this thread the correct one.
lol.. Is comprehension your go to word?

I think you’ll find that all those topics are already being discussed on that thread.

Old Timer

Coach
S
lol.. Is comprehension your go to word?

I think you’ll find that all those topics are already being discussed on that thread.
Well best you go back and play policeman and get them naughty boys and girls back on to the topic referred to in threads treads title.

Gareth67

First Grade
Good post O.T. I for one do see the point that you have made , from Harry Baths babes in 77-79 , fast forward 43 years and we once again have a similar mix of youth and experience in as you have christened them - ‘ Hooks Heroes ‘ .

I like it myself , has a certain ring to it . Hooks heroes - may they be the beginning of a successful future for the Dragons and the Joint Venture itself.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
See ya champ. If you don’t want to join in then don’t comment. Quite simple really
Do you really have to follow me everywhere? It’s getting quite tiresome to have you reply to every single post of mine..

I’m really looking forward to next year.
Unlikely we will be a top 4 side however what excites me is that Hook has a track record of promoting from within and giving the very good talent coming through a go.
All along we have had exceptional juniors however the past decade has been wasted, simple as.
I think with Hook we will not all be complaining about giving people a go or why does he persist with him (insert Norman).
Lock up some of this young talent we have and there is the nucleus of a very good footy team that will improve each year under a team that no how to coach.
Bring on season 2021.

Old Timer

Coach
Good post O.T. I for one do see the point that you have made , from Harry Baths babes in 77-79 , fast forward 43 years and we once again have a similar mix of youth and experience in as you have christened them - ‘ Hooks Heroes ‘ .

I like it myself , has a certain ring to it . Hooks heroes .
77 was a great time and showed what the right person can do with little more than a bunch of kids.

Even to the point that despite the glory of 77 and the letdown of 78 we popped the cork yet again in 79.

I am truly hoping that Hook has Harry sitting on his shoulder telling him how good it really is.

Whilst Cleary deserves many accolades for what Penrith have done this year you cannot downplay Hook’s input to create a really stable foundation and pathway.

Just knowing that someone is talking about our youth and excellence in the same breath us uplifting.

Sullivan looks something special and will help unlock lots of doors for our attack.

Capt Cam has been waiting for someone like Sullivan so he can show us another dimension to his game and that was there for all to see on Sunday.

Feagai and Ramsey just want to be part of it and get their hands dirty and Lomax will finally have some mates who are as intense as he is which is a great thing for him and all of us.

If 2021 is half as good as 77 & 79 I will be more than happy to have Hook stay on and get the job done.

blacksafake

First Grade
77 was a great time and showed what the right person can do with little more than a bunch of kids.

Even to the point that despite the glory of 77 and the letdown of 78 we popped the cork yet again in 79.

I am truly hoping that Hook has Harry sitting on his shoulder telling him how good it really is.

Whilst Cleary deserves many accolades for what Penrith have done this year you cannot downplay Hook’s input to create a really stable foundation and pathway.

Just knowing that someone is talking about our youth and excellence in the same breath us uplifting.

Sullivan looks something special and will help unlock lots of doors for our attack.

Capt Cam has been waiting for someone like Sullivan so he can show us another dimension to his game and that was there for all to see on Sunday.

Feagai and Ramsey just want to be part of it and get their hands dirty and Lomax will finally have some mates who are as intense as he is which is a great thing for him and all of us.

If 2021 is half as good as 77 & 79 I will be more than happy to have Hook stay on and get the job done.
Great post OT