What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 1 finals eels v storm Team List Thread

hindy111

Post Whore
It impacted us all in different ways.

I just started telling everyone that I don’t care about the result, but really I cry big mincer tears into my pillow at night after every loss

Gee.... I just go out for a beer. It's sport. We aren't the best this year. Be great to see us in Grand final. High chance we go out in 2 games. It's still been an ok year. Never really got going but still won plenty.
I've enjoyed Mahoneys development and seeing Niakuore go up a gear.

Gronk

Staff member
Early mail

Team Tips: Coach Craig Bellamy admitted Tui Kamikamica (ankle) is a concern for his side’s first final. The Fijian prop will likely be suspended for a shoulder charge along with Max King. Chris Smith (concussion) is also in doubt but was unlikely to make the 17. Rested stars Cameron Smith, Cameron Munster, Jahrome Hughes, Jesse Bromwich, Josh Addo-Carr, Brenko Lee, Justin Olam and Nelson Asofa-Solomona will all come back into the side. Suliasi Vunivalu (hamstring), Tino Fa’asuamaleaui (calf), Kenny Bromwich (ankle) and Felise Kaufusi (knee) are all due back this week. There are doubts over Dale Finucane (calf) who was wearing a protective boot on Sunday.

Team Tips: Dylan Brown is out of his moon boot and could make a return a week earlier than expected, according to The Daily Telegraph’s Dean Ritchie. “Dylan Brown’s moon boot has come off early so he is ahead of schedule,” Ritchie said. “At this stage (his return) is still Round 2 (of the finals) officially but unofficially they’re hoping he might be able to sneak back early.” Rested stars Michael Jennings and Reagan Campbell-Gillard are set to return to the starting side. Jai Field could come into contention with Will Smith.

Marata Niukore (rib) and Ray Stone (thumb) are both due back from injury, with George Jennings and Andrew Davey likely dropping out.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/news/n...s/news-story/ddb04e5afa583160d5904b17193faa3e

84 Baby

Referee
At the risk of exposing myself to a few of you merkins, I am 90% certain I saw Drown doing sprints on Saturday arvo at the Eelogical Centre of ExEelence

hineyrulz

Post Whore
A mate of mine was at the SFS for the 98 prelim and was carrying on like a good sort and giving all sorts of shit to a bunch of nearby Dogs when we were up by 16 points... And then it all went to shit and he had to run away, tail between his legs as it was told to me... Fast forward to 2005 prelim weekend and on the Saturday night, we're at the pub watching the Tigers upset the Dragons and the same mate is hamming it up again, obnoxious as all hell saying that the Dragons are shit, the Tigers are shit and that the premiership is Parra's for sure... Next day we get the piss knocked out of us 29-nil.... That was the last straw for said mate. He went off league from that point on and is now a GWS Giants member.... Lol
What a mincer hey @Gary Gutful

hindy111

Post Whore
Early mail

Team Tips: Coach Craig Bellamy admitted Tui Kamikamica (ankle) is a concern for his side’s first final. The Fijian prop will likely be suspended for a shoulder charge along with Max King. Chris Smith (concussion) is also in doubt but was unlikely to make the 17. Rested stars Cameron Smith, Cameron Munster, Jahrome Hughes, Jesse Bromwich, Josh Addo-Carr, Brenko Lee, Justin Olam and Nelson Asofa-Solomona will all come back into the side. Suliasi Vunivalu (hamstring), Tino Fa’asuamaleaui (calf), Kenny Bromwich (ankle) and Felise Kaufusi (knee) are all due back this week. There are doubts over Dale Finucane (calf) who was wearing a protective boot on Sunday.

Team Tips: Dylan Brown is out of his moon boot and could make a return a week earlier than expected, according to The Daily Telegraph’s Dean Ritchie. “Dylan Brown’s moon boot has come off early so he is ahead of schedule,” Ritchie said. “At this stage (his return) is still Round 2 (of the finals) officially but unofficially they’re hoping he might be able to sneak back early.” Rested stars Michael Jennings and Reagan Campbell-Gillard are set to return to the starting side. Jai Field could come into contention with Will Smith.

Marata Niukore (rib) and Ray Stone (thumb) are both due back from injury, with George Jennings and Andrew Davey likely dropping out.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/news/n...s/news-story/ddb04e5afa583160d5904b17193faa3e

Fox headlines was Storm have 3 crucial forwards missing. I barely heard of any of them.

DaveMc

Juniors
Don’t tell me that being based on Queensland has rubbed off on the Storm to the point that they’re playing Origin-style mindgames about players not being available because of injury

They scored off a forward pass and Burt had the ball stripped plain as day but Harrigan ruled a knock on. They scored straight after if I remember. I’ve never watched a replay of the 98,99,01 or 05 games at all. I might when we actually somehow win a comp.
That 05 season was mentioned on this forum about a month ago, I have only just returned to work after falling back into a deep depression remembering that day.
That was the all time low for me, I can never watch anything from that season, despite the fact we played in some unbelievable games that year.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Gee.... I just go out for a beer. It's sport. We aren't the best this year. Be great to see us in Grand final. High chance we go out in 2 games. It's still been an ok year. Never really got going but still won plenty.
I've enjoyed Mahoneys development and seeing Niakuore go up a gear.
*$16 gin.

Latest posts