What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football Staff for 2021

be55

Juniors
It's amazing watching that isn't it...a well coach cohesive unit in the Panthers...

They line up like fighter jets in attack formation in the backline while for the last 7 years our backline floats around like paper planes in the wind...

Thank god that pea brain is gone and any club that gives him a head coaching role in the future is out of their minds...

Elliot reads the game well no doubt....

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It's amazing watching that isn't it...a well coach cohesive unit in the Panthers...

They line up like fighter jets in attack formation in the backline while for the last 7 years our backline floats around like paper planes in the wind...

Thank god that pea brain is gone and any club that gives him a head coaching role in the future is out of their minds...

Elliot reads the game well no doubt....
Yup, you watch Penrith and it’s like they’re magnetically pulled towards the opposition’s tryline..

Every play, even 2nd phase play, is designed to get the ball towards the goal line.

All the time our team looks like they were given a play by play instruction for our game, and told not to deviate from it, regardless of what opportunities pop up.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Great to see Matty Elliott get another chance at the coaching caper. Great bloke and hope he does well for you.

Also a great sign that Griffin has evolved since his Penrith sacking. All the reports were he had boring "game plans". By signing Elliott who is a great attacking coach, it shows he doesn't have an ego and can identify areas he needs help in.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Do we consider Millward's new title indicates a downgrade & less power ?

Yes I would say that's exactly it.

I think Hook has learned a thing or two about internal politics in his time.

First he pushes Young out the door with the appearance he wanted him to hang around and now he has had another win with getting Millward's role changed with some responsibilities stripped away like Pathways.

Millward will now have to chase players identified by Hook and can focus on that whilst we have Matty Head and Timmo working hard to bring the youth through which I reckon both are great choices. Head with his proven success coaching under 20s and CC with good results and Timmo with his local knowledge, funny he hasn't been part of the old boys club, does anyone know what he has been up to the past few years?

The other big thing is Hook bringing Tony Guilfoyle across as conditioning coach who he has worked with at both Brisbane and Penrith, this means our lads are in for one hell of a pre season and will be fit and firing come round 1 2021.

Exciting times ahead fellas.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The other big thing is Hook bringing Tony Guilfoyle across as conditioning coach who he has worked with at both Brisbane and Penrith, this means our lads are in for one hell of a pre season and will be fit and firing come round 1 2021.
Season 2020 only ended yesterday, but..

2021 - toughest preseason ever!

Bayside Dragon

Juniors
Yup, you watch Penrith and it’s like they’re magnetically pulled towards the opposition’s tryline..

Every play, even 2nd phase play, is designed to get the ball towards the goal line.

All the time our team looks like they were given a play by play instruction for our game, and told not to deviate from it, regardless of what opportunities pop up.

gitano

Juniors
Being fit is one thing. Having a bit of football in us is another thing entirely.

We have basically no cohesion, and rely on opportunistic tries or mistakes from the opposition.

Not sure I have much confidence in the three old codgers knowledge or relevance in the modern game.

Gareth67

First Grade
Ian Millward has had his job cut in half as well which is another welcome change. Junior Pathways are now with Matty Head & Timmo big improvement

Yes Maddragon99 , hopefully that task will now go to an individual who can close the deals on the right recruits that the Dragons need in this the rebuilding phase .

TruSaint

Referee
The head coach should always have the final say on recruitment.

At the end of the day, it's his neck thats on the line. This stop gap measure was brought in to appease the fans.

Scouting is one thing. Recruitment another. It should end with the head coach. If the head coach is a basketcase, ( eg Mary and co. ), ... ..then refer to the BOD.

denis preston

First Grade
Being fit is one thing. Having a bit of football in us is another thing entirely.

We have basically no cohesion, and rely on opportunistic tries or mistakes from the opposition.

Not sure I have much confidence in the three old codgers knowledge or relevance in the modern game.
You know you have to post some positive threads as well before anyone will take your negative ones seriously ?

redv13

Bench

You still here??

Bayside Dragon

Juniors
Very excited to have Elliott on board. Like to think I was seeing what he was highlighting in the Panthers attacking structure in my first point of my OP : 'The Way To Play?'

Maybe kudos to Webb who must have signed off on the new structure and appointments. Perhaps he was one of the architects with a vision on how he wants the club to operate? As I said in my first post on this forum, I think Webb was looking at a very big picture of this footy club. See no reason to change that view. Cheers, all.