What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Final

MilkShark

First Grade
Actually was 5

Havili - 14 tests
Soliola - 20 tests
Harawira-Naera - 3 tests
Cotric - 1 test
Lui - 6 tests

Total of competition 640 games

We had Woods - 18 tests
BHU - 1/2 a test.
Nikora - 4 tests

Our entire pack only had 183 competition games.

Just because they weren't stacked with names they had it all over us for experience where it mattered.

Sure, the Sharks were shit on the day, but this Canberra won with a reserve grade team is blown way out of proportion.
Also wade and Goodwin

633 games in woods, wade and Goodwin

Ads

First Grade
I reckon we might just give this a good crack.

We are way better underdogs & the underdogs usually wins the sharks V raiders games.
Our defence is what it is and we don’t have our go to man in attack. I’d love a win but I can’t see us getting close.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Raiders players talking up a trophy helps us somewhat. Maybe we go close in this game?

BTW who do we play the loser if we jag this one?

Weaponhead

Coach
Raiders players talking up a trophy helps us somewhat. Maybe we go close in this game?

BTW who do we play the loser if we jag this one?
Would play loser of Penrith/Easts.

Only shot we have is to niggle Wighton and get him looking for a fight. Wighton running at our leaky right edge is not a good match up.

Forwards have to win physically and really hurt their middles. Can't see it happening as this team has shown they can't up the intensity.

Quicksilver

Bench
Wighton, Croker, Rapana, Soliola, Papali, Whitehead, Cotric and Tapine were all part of that Raiders side that lost to us in the 2016 semi-final. That would have stung them. Badly. They won’t let it happen again.

They might also be mentally scarred and get the wobbles if we can be anywhere near them towards the end of the game*...

*we probably won’t get anywhere near them.

Craigshark

First Grade
far out I hope we pull something out of our arse and give it to them.. nothing will be more sweeter then to knock them out. They are so cocky and confident just look at the majority of their arrogant f**kwit supporters in the nrl forum.

carmmonnnnnn Sharkies

ghoti

Bench
I dunno how we realistically win this one.. we won't score the easy tries with their topliners back and our defence was the same as it has been all year.

I'm goin to the game for some f**ken reason. If/when Raiders win I'm bandwagoning them though, really well balanced side and I'll always love the stick for his first efforts before the Bird and Seymour incidents sunk the ship!

Eion

First Grade
I’ve realised that making finals isn’t enough. You’ve got to make finals with a realistic chance of winning a game or 2.

With sj it would have been almost impossible. Without him, I just cannot see how we win. I can’t remember being so pessimistic about a finals game.

fizzgig

Juniors
With sj it would have been almost impossible. Without him, I just cannot see how we win. I can’t remember being so pessimistic about a finals game.

Just bought my tickets, hard not to go when it's 10 mins down the road.

That being said I'm saying to myself that I'm fully expecting us to get our butts handed to us, but at the same time also knowing that even though I expect it I'll be leaving with a heavy heart if we do lose, especially the way the Sharks can get back into a game and give you hope.

The only time I can remember going in feeling like this and it not happening was the GF!

Lucky the missus will drive and I can have me something to relax.

Version IV

Juniors
You will be able to tell how we go on first hit up form the forwards leader which is Woods, if he charges into defence it's game on if he jogs to them rest of forwards will see no example is set and have same attitude, it comes down to how Woods takes first hit up, he has to charge into defence

carinashark

First Grade
You will be able to tell how we go on first hit up form the forwards leader which is Woods, if he charges into defence it's game on if he jogs to them rest of forwards will see no example is set and have same attitude, it comes down to how Woods takes first hit up, he has to charge into defence
Can we run on without him then? Charges’! Not our glacial prop. You wanna see a charge it has to be Toby or Talakai.
I would start Wade on the bench as well, not 80 min anymore.

Big Bloke

Juniors
We decided to go away to Canberra for the long weekend a few weeks ago without realising we were playing down there. Now my wife and son, who both follow the Sharks like I do, were all excited when I told them and said we should go while we are down there.

Now, they both follow the Sharks, but don't follow it as closely as I do, so they don't understand just how f**ked we are and how much we are going to lose by. So I told them I really didn't want to waste our time and money going to watch those shits. Boy, did I get the rounds of the kitchen from them both.
" But you don't understand!" I wailed, " we are going to get thumped!"

Well, most of you married folk know what to do when the wife says, "Jump!"

bluefox68

Staff member
We decided to go away to Canberra for the long weekend a few weeks ago without realising we were playing down there. Now my wife and son, who both follow the Sharks like I do, were all excited when I told them and said we should go while we are down there.

Now, they both follow the Sharks, but don't follow it as closely as I do, so they don't understand just how f**ked we are and how much we are going to lose by. So I told them I really didn't want to waste our time and money going to watch those shits. Boy, did I get the rounds of the kitchen from them both.
" But you don't understand!" I wailed, " we are going to get thumped!"

Well, most of you married folk know what to do when the wife says, "Jump!"
Don’t forget - you could be part of the greatest upset of all time!!!

But I doubt it...
Because:
6. Tracey
7. Townsend

The only good that could possibly come out of this game would be if it was Chaddy’s last game as a Shark...

carinashark

First Grade
The only thing we have is Tracy and Brailey running through the middle and getting a pass away. Other than that they have us covered.

Card Shark

Immortal
We need to take a leaf out of the Panthers & Roosters book...fight to the death.

Do not give up meekly!

Latest posts