What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who works at a bar, club, pub, whats your recycling plan

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Every Development Application made for a new bar/restaurant has to include a recycling program for all waste, glass included.

blue bags

First Grade
whats the go, recycle plan for wine bottles, cause i have seen pallets of wine bottles dumped on the side of back roads, in the bushes by roads, even on the side of the m4 freeway, local authorities should step up and take care of this disgrace
and i read metal beer bottle caps tops, can be recycled seperatly, and can be used to raise money for charities

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
whats the go, recycle plan for wine bottles, cause i have seen pallets of wine bottles dumped on the side of back roads, in the bushes by roads, even on the side of the m4 freeway, local authorities should step up and take care of this disgrace
and i read metal beer bottle caps tops, can be recycled seperatly, and can be used to raise money for charities
If you see this sort of thing, perhaps report it to the authorities?

blue bags

First Grade
If you see this sort of thing, perhaps report it to the authorities?
there should be an organized recycling scheme, involving wine bottles, obviously, some clubs, pubs, bars, are having trouble recycling glass, make it easy for the few dumb cowboys dumping it on the roads, get bigger yellow bins, glass bins

Pommy

Coach
there should be an organized recycling scheme, involving wine bottles, obviously, some clubs, pubs, bars, are having trouble recycling glass, make it easy for the few dumb cowboys dumping it on the roads, get bigger yellow bins, glass bins

They’re not having trouble they’re just not paying for them to be taken away.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There should be more organised recycling schemes - sure.

But you won't stop "dumb cowboys' dumping rubbish on the road. That's up to enforcement. If you see it, report it. Not hard.

Bazal

Post Whore

Except in the industry there are literally dozens of organised schemes, depending where you trade.

If it's dumped on the road I will almost guarantee it's an individual/small business with zero care factor

blue bags

First Grade
They’re not having trouble they’re just not paying for them to be taken away.
thats right, they dont want to pay, or cant, refuse to pay,
then again, why does anyone need to pay, the gov should have a scheme of recycling
taking care of all recycled stuff and garbage , its a disgrace
just dump a full size pallet of wine bottle glass at.
Macquarie street , Sydney, NSW parliament house
glass doesn't breakdown in compost, we make it, its here forever, we can reuse it, make other uses for it

Pommy

Coach
then again, why does anyone need to pay, the gov should have a scheme of recycling
glass doesn't breakdown in compost, we make it, its here forever, we can reuse it, make other uses for it

It’s a cost of doing business, why shouldn’t a business be fronting that cost? Someone has to pay so why should it be the taxpayer?

Bazal

Post Whore

Business overheads.

All businesses have them, astonishingly

blue bags

First Grade
It’s a cost of doing business, why shouldn’t a business be fronting that cost? Someone has to pay so why should it be the taxpayer?
glass is a commodity, a resource, should be reused never ending, its 2021 soon, not 1921
Business overheads.

All businesses have them, astonishingly
it should not an overhead, all glass recyclers should be payed

Pommy

Coach
glass is a commodity, a resource, should be reused never ending, its 2021 soon, not 1921
it should not an overhead, all glass recyclers should be payed

I agree it should be reused, but that’s not free and the user should be paying for it not that taxpayer.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Commie talk.

But you're right. If you can't afford your business obligations, you can't afford to be in business in the first place.

It's unfortunate that this basic rule isn't always followed by big business, including large corporations who expect the tax payer to clean up their mess.

not_all_there

Juniors
The onus is on the business to organise recycling. A way around the cowboys would be every restaurant/ cafe whatever should show proof they’ve done just that.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
A way around the cowboys would be every restaurant/ cafe whatever should show proof they’ve done just that.
That's going after some low hanging fruit. Most cafes and restaurants want to have the right recycling methods in place. To be fair, many of them are battling just to stay in business.

The biggest problem with recycling is trying to stop the unrecyclable packaging coming into businesses and homes in the first place.

That brings us back to the packaging companies and the corporations that own them. What materials are they using in their manufacturing? And apart from the government, who else can put pressure on them to make more eco-friendly packaging? Big business can play a role here, eg large supermarket chains.

not_all_there

Juniors
Yeah no easy answer hey

I don’t know how restaurants organise this but I know we have to show proof of corect disposal of refrigerant
No proof and we’re in deep poo

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah no easy answer hey

I don’t know how restaurants organise this but I know we have to show proof of corect disposal of refrigerant
No proof and we’re in deep poo

no you don't, it just has to be carried out by a qualified tradie with a signed service report