What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Amone

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Junior has signed a 3 years contract with the Dragons.
He is another player from the Illawarra SG Ball Champions.
He has a great kicking game and worked great as a partner to Buds flare.

Thanks George- must be something in the water in the Illawarra- so many talented players. Hopefully now that Egghead and his unique talent for discouraging youth and encouraging mediocrity are gone, we can keep most of them.

possm

Coach
We have some great young halves coming through and so we have a bright future to look forward to. I just hope that pathways take good care of these youngsters and maybe arrange some good mentors to help them with their progression.

I would just love to see a halves combination of Dufty 6 and Clune 7 this year. I have a burning feeling that this is possibly our best and most dynamic halves combination that we have seen in quite some time at the Dragons.

Dragon David

First Grade
We have some great young halves coming through and so we have a bright future to look forward to. I just hope that pathways take good care of these youngsters and maybe arrange some good mentors to help them with their progression.

I would just love to see a halves combination of Dufty 6 and Clune 7 this year. I have a burning feeling that this is possibly our best and most dynamic halves combination that we have seen in quite some time at the Dragons.
Certainly worth trying in the current circumstances but I think Young will stick to the same spine combination as per the game against the Eels.

be55

Juniors
Plenty of quality touches from Amone and all goes well for the future. I know he is young and probably still mentally immature but flipping spectators the bird is not something a club will tolerate nor should they...I know he is young and this will change when he matures and really, i shouldn't talk i was somewhat of a young smart arse when i was his age as well...

Young Tyrell Sloane covers the ground like a real athlete...he moves well but wow he has legs like matchsticks...these boys are all young and have a lot of physical maturing to do but that is the clubs job to handle that side of things and hopefully they do a good job of it...

It's good to see we have plenty of young talent in the pipeline...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Highlights of the U18s Gf West’s vs Dapto for anyone that’s interested.

Our boy Junior got man of the match to boot, good times ahead for the mighty Dragons
He should make it for sure, he’s well built so should easily handle the physical side. I would still probably sign Burton if we could get him but this bloke doesn’t look too far off. Sloan looks really slick to me, hopefully he can throw some meat on and still keep his speed. He reminds me David Peachey.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Plenty of quality touches from Amone and all goes well for the future. I know he is young and probably still mentally immature but flipping spectators the bird is not something a club will tolerate nor should they...I know he is young and this will change when he matures and really, i shouldn't talk i was somewhat of a young smart arse when i was his age as well...

Young Tyrell Sloane covers the ground like a real athlete...he moves well but wow he has legs like matchsticks...these boys are all young and have a lot of physical maturing to do but that is the clubs job to handle that side of things and hopefully they do a good job of it...

It's good to see we have plenty of young talent in the pipeline...
It could have been one of his mates he was flipping or an inside joke, bit of banter or something. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

SBD82

Coach
It could have been one of his mates he was flipping or an inside joke, bit of banter or something. I wouldn’t read too much into it.
Even if it wasn’t either of those scenarios I wouldn’t worry too much.

Great halves are often arrogant and can come across as arseholes. It’s a personality trait that helps them attempt and complete the big plays.

I’d be stoked to see Hunt flipping off the crowd.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
We have so many cheap young halves to choose from, it is madness to keep the non-performing millionaires Norman and Hunt.
Probably too late now as I doubt either would get a deal anywhere else, so we will have to just suck it up. The fact we bought Norman is a big mark against Hunt imo. We have always been fairly happy to run Widdop with players such as McCrone etc but knew that Hunt wasn’t really the dominant half that could win games with a rookie beside him. If he was worth his millions we wouldn’t have had to make the panic buy we did in Norman. We could have used someone internally be it a young half or a manufactured half like say Lomax or Dufty at 5/8 Hunt 7, until someone come on the market. If we had Maloney as our million dollar man you can bet we wouldn’t have bought Norman.