What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's do'in Ukraine

The Partisan

Possibly mentioned my seeing the Ukraine U/19's play at the Euro 19's in 2018. Certainly potential there. Watched one of their skilful backs score a great kick chip and regather and outrun oppposition try. Presented him with an Australian Kangaroos polo shirt post game.

The people who run our game globally have to keep the fires burning in the these outposts of the code.

Sheffield Eagles are proud to announce the club has become a partner of the Ukraine Super League Project.
The project, led by the Ukrainian Federation of Rugby League will see the country’s top competition reorganise their top-flight competition, the National Rugby League Championship, with new regional teams that are aligned to English Rugby League clubs.

The regional teams brands will closely follow those of the teams they are aligned to in England and the Eagles will look to provide support and advice where possible to Khmelnytskyi Eagles.

This isn’t the first time the Eagles have linked up with rugby league in Ukraine, back in August 2018, the President of the Ukrainian Rugby League Federation, Artur Martyrosian along with eight players from the Ukrainian National Team visited Sheffield and took part in training sessions with the Eagles.

Ex-Eagles Player and Member of the Club's Hall of Fame Gavin Brown made the introductions and said of the partnership: “I was privileged to coach eight of the Ukraine National team in 2018 when I was Head Coach at my amateur club Milford ARLFC in Leeds.

Artur and others had dedicated a great deal of their own to to put the structures in place from grass roots to their own Super League in Ukraine which I am sure will be a huge success. Seriously watch this space because the Ukraine people were made for this sport!”

Eagles General Manager Liam Claffey added: “We’d like to thank Gav (Gavin Brown) for making the introduction. We are well versed at the trials and tribulations of trying to develop rugby league outside of the traditional ‘heartland’ area of the sport and so it was a no brainer to support Khmelnytskyi Eagles.

“We wish everyone involved in the sport in the Ukraine the best of luck with developing the sport and look forward to seeing how things progress over the coming months and years.”

More information about Ukraine Super League and Rugby League in Ukraine please go to www.rugby13.org.ua

https://www.sheffieldeagles.com/Eag...zvMxUN3raKBZuKyf1hhkpVWtLo_QoaWoqn-JNqUu53izw

EoKr7lRWMAEXr67
EoTeXAZXYAM8N2Z

langpark

First Grade
Incredibly vague article, does anyone know what it means in practical terms?

"will look to provide support and advice where possible" is probably the closest we got to getting any real details out of that.