What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Mr Spock!

Referee
Looks like 8 dogs will be son the market soon.

Not sure what will hapoen to tolman, is there a pack that needs a 3.6m per hitup prop?
Who are they replacing them with?

It just seems to me these players will get swapped around the bottom 8.

I can't see much improvement from the bottom 8 except for the titans and Manly if turbo gets fit.

davi

Juniors
I've read Benji Marshall has been linked to the Sharks. When healthy the Sharks have a range of options in the halves. Which is why I'm not convinced it would be a good fit for Benji. Marshall not playing at times would likely brood over it.

Manly won't be an option with them signing Kieran Foran. Broncos have said they won't be approaching him until the Coach and the CEO have been sorted out first.

Marshall has admitted that he is not in the position in his career to be too selective. But if nothing comes along that would be ideal. It may be better to go out too soon then too late and call it a day.

greenBV4

Bench
I've read Benji Marshall has been linked to the Sharks. When healthy the Sharks have a range of options in the halves. Which is why I'm not convinced it would be a good fit for Benji. Marshall not playing at times would likely brood over it.

Manly won't be an option with them signing Kieran Foran. Broncos have said they won't be approaching him until the Coach and the CEO have been sorted out first.

Marshall has admitted that he is not in the position in his career to be too selective. But if nothing comes along that would be ideal. It may be better to go out too soon then too late and call it a day.
Kevvie aparently will be announced as coach on wednesday - so maybe benji will go there

_Johnsy

Referee
I have heard rumours that a Bird-Norman swap is being looked at, with Brisbane absorbing a small portion of Birds final year (player option) to move him on. Not sure about the accuracy or if there is any truth to the rumour. I have to admit I scoffed at it initially.

lynx000

Juniors
I have heard rumours that a Bird-Norman swap is being looked at, with Brisbane absorbing a small portion of Birds final year (player option) to move him on. Not sure about the accuracy or if there is any truth to the rumour. I have to admit I scoffed at it initially.
I would be amazed if this happens, the Broncos well know what Norman is and the last thing that we need is a player of his ilk.

84 Baby

Referee
Billy Walters to broncos
That’d be a beautiful reunion. Sorry I have something in my eye
images

davi

Juniors

I heard that a while ago, and it was before Kotoni Staggs went down. Now Staggs is out maybe nine months Jack Bird may come in handy to fill the centre position. If he can stay healthy, and that's a big if. I would prefer to get Bird and Anthony Milford off the books by the end of 2021. If they produce something then great! I'm happy going that route rather then swaps or huge buyouts that go against the cap.

nick87

Coach
And absolutely fair enough too for both
They are both really FG hookers who should be starting in the NRL...

The Storm have a tough choice to make if Smith retires, but if he wants to stay, given all he's done for that club, i think that's just going to have to be the prices of doing business and you try and convince one of them to stay with the assurance the job is theirs in 2022... doubt it would work but you can try

If Smith does retire, i think i'd go with Harry Grant myself

greenBV4

Bench
And absolutely fair enough too for both
They are both really FG hookers who should be starting in the NRL...

The Storm have a tough choice to make if Smith retires, but if he wants to stay, given all he's done for that club, i think that's just going to have to be the prices of doing business and you try and convince one of them to stay with the assurance the job is theirs in 2022... doubt it would work but you can try

If Smith does retire, i think i'd go with Harry Grant myself
Grant apparently has a clause in his contract but I dont think B Smith does? He can request a release but Melbourne aren't likely to just let him go, they havnt let JAC go without getting a suitable replacement, and fair enough - a contract is a contract

davi

Juniors
Grant apparently has a clause in his contract but I dont think B Smith does? He can request a release but Melbourne aren't likely to just let him go, they havnt let JAC go without getting a suitable replacement, and fair enough - a contract is a contract

Exactly. The problem actually solves itself if Cameron Smith plays on for one more season. Harry Grant will stay at the Tigers, and Brandon Smith will replace Cam after he retires. I have read in another article the Strom privately think Brandon has more upside then Grant at Hooker. Brandon is signed with the Storm until 2022.

nick87

Coach
Ah ok, well that makes things a little simplier for the Storm
If you're a storm fan, you'd hate to lose Harry Grant

Tigers fans should be flooding forums, comments and social media with comments about how Cam Smith cant hack it anymore, how shit he is and should retire. :D