What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
If the Boncos are paying half his salary, I’d look at him for a one year deal.

We need an experienced (skilled) outside back to help out our young guns.

One year is just enough to see if he’s still up for 1st grade, whilst also leaving enough light at the end of the tunnel for someone behind him.

And speaking of fox sports, I did have a chuckle this morning reading their article about scorecards for the bottom 8 teams, particularly the warriors:

Who they should target: A centre. The squad is coming along quite nicely and the addition of Addin Fonua-Blake will be huge. With classy finishers on the end like Ken Maumalo and David Fusitu’a and superstar Roger Tuivasa-Sheck in the No.1 jersey the back line could be really electric. Adam Pompey and Peta Hiku have both had solid seasons but with Patrick Herbert and Adam Keighran being let go, all of a sudden competition for that position has weakened. Throw in a player like Jack Bird, who the Broncos are looking to offload, and a bit of healthy competition is reinstalled. https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...d/news-story/bd7a4cc7aedad2fb3babc3ca0143caf9

Clearly they don’t rate Aitken as a centre either..

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Bird has played 17 games in 3 years, lets say average of 5 per season over the last 3 years. Half his $1m salary is $500k

Technically, we'd be up for 100k per game, wow great coin if you can get it right?

No wonder Brisbane are trying to offload him, and in reality they wouldn't be if he was fit and ready to play.

_Johnsy

Referee

One year is just enough to see if he’s still up for 1st grade, whilst also leaving enough light at the end of the tunnel for someone behind him.

And speaking of fox sports, I did have a chuckle this morning reading their article about scorecards for the bottom 8 teams, particularly the warriors:

i'd like to see Normy moved on to Brisbane in a swap deal with Bird as both have one year left on their contracts. If Brisbane could pick up 300+ of his contract, happy days.

possm

Coach

It is not often that I am in agreement with you. I too would take him up on the 1 year offer as we have a number of new young backs coming through and his experience could be useful. He is versatile capable of playing fullback, centre and five-eighth. If he is injured then just promote the next young junior in line.

If the Broncos are paying 500k then I imagine his incentive payment will have a ceiling of about 400k.

So, for me it is a go but we need to be quick because I've heard that the Bulldogs are after him.

possm

Coach
It is not often that I am in agreement with Muzby. I too would take him up on the 1 year offer as we have a number of new young backs coming through and his experience could be useful. He is versatile capable of playing fullback, centre and five-eighth. If he is injured then just promote the next young junior in line.

If the Broncos are paying 500k then I imagine his incentive payment will have a ceiling of about 400k.

So, for me it is a go but we need to be quick because I've heard that the Bulldogs are after him.

not_all_there

Juniors
i'd like to see Normy moved on to Brisbane in a swap deal with Bird as both have one year left on their contracts. If Brisbane could pick up 300+ of his contract, happy days.
I’d like to see Norman pouring beers at the Taj.

Bird at half price for a year is a risk I am ok with
He can cover so many positions