What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad for 2021

stryker

First Grade
Anyone who thinks Tamou and potentially JAC are the difference between us having another year like this and making the 8 are kidding themselves.

What I learned this year is that we have a decent young forward pack that needs leadership, hopefully Tamou is it. Our backs are full of young guys who show promise but are inconsistent. I think Doulei is a natural 6, Api and Talau both have something as well.

Lets hope with the (I think) 6 empty roster spots we pick up a couple of players that are decent.
Yeah there is a lot of work to do and a lot of positions up for grabs.
At this stage I’d have us stinking up the bottom 3 next year, so the only way is up.

stryker

First Grade
Cant say Im upset about any of them going.

Press saying we are interested in the younger Sailor.
Apparently we were interested earlier in the year, but they wouldnt release him, then they didnt resign him. Not a great way for the poor bloke to start his career.
Worth a shot, we need a fullback.

Tigerm

First Grade
The Sunday Tele this morning:
Next season is going to look a lot different at Concord after the Tigers confirmed a mass exodus during a half time farewell presentation. As well as Marshall and Lawrence moving on, the club said goodbye to Elijah Taylor, Matt Eisenhuth, Dylan Smith, Robert Jennings, Oliver Clark, Harry Grant, Chris McQueen and Ben Matulino.
Some old news, some good news and in the case of Matulino, great journalism.
I always thought Huth and Taylor were worth keeping as reasonable depth, most of the others not so much.
Will be interesting who we have replacing them.

Tigerm

First Grade
TIGERS

2020 squad: Josh Aloiai (2021), Luke Brooks (2023), Michael Chee-Kam (2021), Oliver Clark (2020), Adam Doueihi (2023), Matt Eisenhuth (2020), Luke Garner (2022), Harry Grant (2020), Robert Jennings (2020), Chris Lawrence (2020), Joey Leilua (2022), Luciano Leilua (2022), Jacob Liddle (2021), Benji Marshall (2020), Moses Mbye (2022), Sam McIntyre (2020), Chris McQueen (2020), Thomas Mikaele (2021), Zane Musgrove (2021), David Nofoaluma (2021), Russell Packer (2021), Josh Reynolds (2021), Alex Seyfarth (2020), Dylan Smith (2020), Tommy Talau (2022), Elijah Taylor (2020), Alex Twal (2022), Billy Walters (2021), Shawn Blore (2021), Asu Kepaoa (2023)

Gains: Adam Doueihi (Rabbitohs), Joey Leilua (from Raiders), Luciano Leilua (Dragons), Billy Walters (Storm), Zane Musgrove, Shawn Blore (from Panthers), Asu Kepaoa (from Roosters)

Losses: Chris McQueen (Super League), Paul Momirovski (Storm), Robbie Farah, Robbie Rochow, Ben Matulino (all retired), Mahe Fonua (Hull FC), Esan Marsters (Cowboys), Ryan Matterson (Eels), Corey Thompson (Titans)

New deal: Shawn Blore (mid-season until 2021)

2021 gains: Stefano Utoikamanu (from Eels until 2023), Paul Momirovski (Storm), James Tamou (from Panthers until 2022)

2021 losses: Harry Grant (Storm), Chris Lawrence (retirement), Benji Marshall, Oliver Clark, Matt Eisenhuth, Elijah Taylor, Robert Jennings, Dylan Smith (all unsigned)

Coach: Michael Maguire (2021)

Perth Tiger

Bench
So given McIntyre and Seyfarth weren't announced with the list of departing players, it is likely they will be getting a new deal and just waiting to see who else we sign first before finalizing them?

Updated Squad. 4 positions left in the top 30 (Age in bracket)

Squad for 2021 (26 players)
2021 – J Aloiai (25) S Blore (20) K Bradley (21) L Brooks (26) M Chee-Kam (29) Z Cini (?) A Doueihi (23) L Garner (25) A Kepaoa (21) J Leilua (29) L Leilua (25) J Liddle (24) J Madden (21) M Mbye (27) T Mikaele (23) P Momiroski (24) Z Musgrove (25) D Nofoaluma (27) R Packer (31) J Reynolds (32) J Simpkin (19) T Talau (21) J Tamou (32) A Twal (25) S Utoikamanu (21) B Walters (27)

Position breakdown

Fullback (3) – Doueihi, Mbye, Kepaoa
Winger (6) – Talau, Nofoaluma, Momiroski, Kepaoa, Bradley, Cini
Centre (5) – Leilua, Mbye, Talau, Momiroski, Kepaoa
Half/five-eight (4) – Brooks, Reynolds, Walters, Madden
Edge backrowers (4) – Leilua, Garner, Chee Kam, Blore
Middles (7) – Tamou, Aloiai, Twal, Mikaele, Musgrove, Utoikamnu, Packer
Hooker (3) – Liddle, Simpkin, Walters

Squad for 2022 (14)
2022 – L Brooks (27) A Doueihi (24) L Garner (26) R Hoffman (21) A Kepaoa (22) J Leilua (30) L Leilua (26) M Mbye (28) P Momiroski (25) J Simpkin (20) T Talau (22) J Tamou (33) A Twal (26) S Utoikamanu (22)

Squad for 2023 (4)
2022 – L Brooks (28) A Doueihi (25) A Kepaoa (23) S Utoikamanu (23)

Vic Mackey

Referee
So given McIntyre and Seyfarth weren't announced with the list of departing players, it is likely they will be getting a new deal and just waiting to see who else we sign first before finalizing them?

2021 – J Aloiai (25) S Blore (20) K Bradley (21) L Brooks (26) M Chee-Kam (29) Z Cini (?) A Doueihi (23) L Garner (25) A Kepaoa (21) J Leilua (29) L Leilua (25) J Liddle (24) J Madden (21) M Mbye (27) T Mikaele (23) P Momiroski (24) Z Musgrove (25) D Nofoaluma (27) R Packer (31) J Reynolds (32) J Simpkin (19) T Talau (21) J Tamou (32) A Twal (25) S Utoikamanu (21) B Walters (27)

Position breakdown

Squad for 2022 (14)
2022 – L Brooks (27) A Doueihi (24) L Garner (26) R Hoffman (21) A Kepaoa (22) J Leilua (30) L Leilua (26) M Mbye (28) P Momiroski (25) J Simpkin (20) T Talau (22) J Tamou (33) A Twal (26) S Utoikamanu (22)

Squad for 2023 (4)

There was a rumour that Seyfarth might be going back on a development contract for 2021

Mario chalmers

Juniors

Position breakdown

Squad for 2022 (14)

Squad for 2023 (4)

Thanks for the details here.

In light of AJ Brimson killing it in open play in recent weeks I'm increasingly of the view that FB position is going away from the 'second ball player' role. Players with speed who can break tackles around the ruck are of huge value. Block / out the back plays are perhaps less useful. We need quick backs simple as that ideally with size as well.

Das Hassler

Bench
Next year Rnd 1 I'd like to see Reynolds given his fair shot at 6 with Douehi and Momo starting in the centres with either Mbye or hopefully JAC at FB ....if we're paying Josh such a chunk of the cap for another year he should be playing his role now that he's healthy....as for Packer. ..whatever

Tigers Tale

Juniors
With the new rules and the game being much faster than it previously was I think we need to re-assess the team. Sadly we have the slowest backs in the comp and that is where the problem lies. The Bunnies have a pretty ordinary pack of forwards compared to some other teams BUT they seem to be able to hold their own against other packs and with the new rules that is all they need to do. It is their backs and their ability to score at will that is making them more adept to the new rules. Who really thought the Bunnies would be a chance of winning the comp with their pack at the beginning of the year?

We currently have the groundings of a solid pack but our backs quite frankly are rubbish and as I say slow. We need to focus on buying backs now more than forwards. What we have up front I think is OK for the moment but we need speed to burn. It is actually heading back to the old you score 24 and we'll score 30, like when we won the comp.

This 6 again rule needs a mobile pack that doesn't need to smash through the other side....but it does need good backs that when given 10 or 12 or sometimes more tackles in a row they are going to score.

Just my thoughts.....and JAC would be a good start.

Tiger05

First Grade
We currently have the groundings of a solid pack but our backs quite frankly are rubbish and as I say slow. We need to focus on buying backs now more than forwards. What we have up front I think is OK for the moment but we need speed to burn. It is actually heading back to the old you score 24 and we'll score 30, like when we won the comp.

Just my thoughts.....and JAC would be a good start.

I don't think our backs are completely rubbish but they are slow and inconsistent. JAC is exactly what we need because he is quick and we need that pace desperately.

We also need to sort out our halves. I reckon we could run with something like this and it'd be an okay backline.

1. Josh Ado Carr -- we need some spark and hopefully he can provide that. If not we just gotta find someone else. Mbye is the next best option and he isn't bad.
2. David Nofoaluma -- quality but slow
3. BJ Leilua -- potentially very good but slow
4. Tommy Talau -- starting to show some ability. He is also slow.
5. Asu Kepaoa -- big and fast.

6. Adam Doueihi --good player. He could also play in the centres but I'd use him in the spine.
7. Luke Brooks -- who knows what he is going to produce.

I reckon move Doueihi to the halves and Mbye to the bench where he plays as a hooker most of the time but he could also replace a half or centre if we get an injury.

We need more quality signings. That backline is going to be inconsistent which is the exact opposite of what we need.

Shredder

Juniors
I have a strong suspicion that Melb wont release JAC this year. And talk is now that Souths are considering making a play for him, which if they do, I think will be where he ends up.

This means we are likely to run with Mbye as 1 provided Doulei makes the move to 6.

Id have Momo in front of BJ as well tbh.

Maybe Talau becomes a 1?

Tigerm

First Grade
I have a strong suspicion that Melb wont release JAC this year. And talk is now that Souths are considering making a play for him, which if they do, I think will be where he ends up.

This means we are likely to run with Mbye as 1 provided Doulei makes the move to 6.

Id have Momo in front of BJ as well tbh.

Maybe Talau becomes a 1?
Struggling to see how Souths can afford him? Plus he supposedly has the desire to play FB, he won’t get that at Souths.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Struggling to see how Souths can afford him? Plus he supposedly has the desire to play FB, he won’t get that at Souths.

I feel like the Souths rumour is just to help push the Tigers deal along or up JAC's value. There is absolutely no fkn way that Souths would sign JAC when they just re-signed AJ to play left wing, have Gagai on their books at right-wing (JAC doesn't play right-wing anyway), LM at fullback and Allen nipping at all 3 of these players heels.

Souths are another Jai Arrow signing away from being a regular Top 4 side and it doesn't make any sense they blow it on another winger that might be able to play fullback

Tiger05

First Grade
Noone thinks he might sign for less than market to play with his mate Latrell?

I can't see this happening. I reckon he wants a shot at fullback and I reckon he wants to come to the Tigers.

I'm really not stressed if he doesn't come here though. One thing we should realize is one player won't turn things around.

Tiger Ted

Bench
If we dont get JAC which is looking the case then our best option for fullback clearly is Nofa.

AD must b at 6 next season which is his best position.He’s a smart player who is driven to become an elite player.

Mbye should b on the bench as our utility although I’m still hopeful we can move him on either to broncos or tits.

We also require Madden to put pressure on Brooks coz Brooks’s time as a 7 has lapsed.If Madden doesn’t cut it we must move heaven & earth to find an intelligent 7.