What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

SBD82

Coach
I know you'll keep pushing for blokes that aren't available but Matt Dufty will be our fullback next year (which you'll find most impartial judges agree on). RTS will be playing for the Warriors and you really need to let go of this "letting go" of Hunt and Norman. If no-one else wants to do a trade for them they'll be with the Dragons next year. We're used to carrying one high profile, non-playing big name on good money so Norman can fill that spot in the reggies but Hunt will be in the team. For better or worse we're paying these blokes a fortune and whether they play or not they'll be under our salary cap next season.

Anyway, carry on.
This post is filled with logic and common sense.

And therefore has no place in the forum.

mickeylane

Bench
He's forgotten how to tackle.

Alas.
Oh yeah I forgot we had Clune the tackling machine ! The closest thing to a revolving door ... I would rather have a guy who knows
how to manage a game
90% goal kicking record
And is an attacking weapon
f**ked if I care if he can’t tackle as mentioned your current half can’t tackle

boardlumps62

Juniors
I like Maloney and he is a proven winner but I’m not sure that a player who is about to turn 35 is the answer to our problems. Swap for Norman yes but even that is stretching it
Enough of the retirement village stuff we need youth and speed and what yes more speed.

possm

Coach
I'd take Katoni Staggs and Patrick Carrigan in exchange for those two- don't think Brisbane would be that silly however. Definitely no to Bird as part of any trade.
The two players Brisbane want to get rid of are Bird and Milford.

Pablooo

Juniors
I think he would be a good signing as long as he stay injury free. He can play fullback, 5/8 and centre. While at the Broncos he developed a powerful attacking game and was breaking tackles at will and looked very dangerous with ball in hand. I think he was on the verge of a breakout season before his injury. If he can stay on the field I believe he will become an X factor player very quickly.

mickeylane

Bench
Local juniors everywhere....Penrith model looks nice on paper.

Dragons Backline 2021
1. Dufty
2. Ramsay
3. Lomax
4. Bird or Feagai
5. Feagai
6. Sullivan or Bird
7. Hunt

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Are you guys F***** Crazy.

Has played a hand fully of games in past two years.And looked very average.
Thinks he is a $975k per year player and will expect something similar for future years. Do we really want a problem child in 2022?
The risk to reward is heavily against us on this one, we should look elsewhere - 2 ACLs,Think Kyle Stanley.

Also I heard others putting him in the second row, he is only 183cm and 96kgs way too small.
In the back line he will be blocking our young players coming through.

So no this Bird has flown the coop.

redv13

Bench
Are you guys F***** Crazy.

Has played a hand fully of games in past two years.And looked very average.
Thinks he is a $975k per year player and will expect something similar for future years. Do we really want a problem child in 2022?
The risk to reward is heavily against us on this one, we should look elsewhere - 2 ACLs,Think Kyle Stanley.

Also I heard others putting him in the second row, he is only 183cm and 96kgs way too small.
In the back line he will be blocking our young players coming through.

So no this Bird has flown the coop.
Nailed it!! Bird 2016 yeah, 2020 version is like a broken down Datsun 180 B

Maddragon99

Juniors

Dragons Backline 2021
1. Dufty
2. Ramsay
3. Lomax
4. Bird or Feagai
5. Feagai
6. Sullivan or Bird
7. Hunt

Broncos $975k star’s move to Dragons ‘will happen’ with Griffin ‘a big fan’
fa3a3874d4fb7e4a6f120dca95d261b3

Jack Bird looks set to join the Dragons.
Unwanted Broncos star Jack Bird is expected to sign with the Dragons when the two clubs can strike a deal to let him leave Red Hill with one year to run on his massive contract.

Bird has had a torrid run with injuries in Brisbane and wants to move home to Sydney, but the Dragons want the Broncos to pitch in a large portion of his monster contract.

“There was some Twitter activity today that Jack has done a deal with St George Illawarra,” Brent Read said on Triple M.

placeholder.jpg

“This deal is not close at the moment, but I think it will happen just because there is an appetite on both sides for it to happen.

“Now there is talks going on, but I think those talks have hit a bit of an impasse at the moment. I don’t think it has progressed to the stage where there is an agreement in place.

“There is a couple of issues at play. Jack is on a huge contract next year. He has one year left and he has a $975,000 deal.

“St George are not going to foot the entirety of that bill. Somehow they have got to work out a way where Brisbane will pitch in enough money.

“I believe Brisbane offered to put in $200,000 initially then they offered to put in $300,000 and both times the Dragons said that was not enough.”

Bird has managed just two tries in 17 games in his three seasons at the Broncos since moving from the Sharks in 2018 and didn’t play at all in 2020 due to a knee injury.

However he is a premiership winner from his time at the Sharks and at his best is an Origin player having played five games for the Blues in 2016 and 2017.

Read believes a deal will be struck because it is in both sides’ interests to make it happen. The Dragons need a strike player and the Broncos need to offload his monster contract to create a more balanced squad.

“There is certainly an appetite at the Dragons for Jack Bird,” Read said.

Get all the latest NRL news, highlights and analysis delivered straight to your inbox with Fox Sports Sportmail. Sign up now >

“There is an appetite for Brisbane to let Jack Bird go and head back to Sydney because as they understand it that is what Jack wants.

“The other challenge for the Dragons is that they would have to give him a two-year-deal so they would have to give him another year.

“That is a challenge because what is he worth? No one really knows.”

f1b8fcb5de0e05017b9c6befbe3b3c98

Jack Bird, Brisbane Broncos training, Red Hill. Photographer: Liam Kidston.
The Dragons are looking at him as a potential fullback, centre or lock, according to Read, but Warriors coach Nathan Brown believes he can play anywhere as long as he gets his body right.

“There was a suggestion they were looking at him as a fullback, but obviously Matt Dufty is there at the moment,” Read said.

“I would have thought potentially in the centres or at lock. They have Jack de Belin there, but there is obviously a question mark over him.

“As I understand it Anthony Griffin is a big fan of Jack Bird, so I think it will happen it is just a matter of when.”

“If his body holds up he can play anywhere,” Brown said.

“He is just a good player. He can play anywhere as long as he is fit.”

LINK ADDED BY MODERATOR: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/7c2a8d92038631c4aa3a30fad931372a
PLEASE REMEMBER TO DO THIS YOURSELF IN FUTURE

Last edited by a moderator:

possm

Coach

Dragons Backline 2021
1. Dufty
2. Ramsay
3. Lomax
4. Bird or Feagai
5. Feagai
6. Sullivan or Bird
7. Hunt
Dufty would not be selected as a first grade fullback at any other club.

Latest posts