What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Drugs, sex, domestic violence: football's dark cover up

Perth Red

Post Whore
RL journos, god bless them. Most of what I read has come from the father in law who is in a legal stoush with sam and his ex wife who is in a legal stoush with sam. The drugs stuff is the only new bit and be interesting to see if there is any other evidence other than what is coming from his estranged family

YoHadrian

Juniors
I refuse to comment on the grounds that it may incriminate me. :wink:

edit

p.s What a strategically placed ad underneath this thread. LOL

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Burgess is held up as a hero, nine used to wank over him like he was God's second son, he's one of Matty Johns' mob on fox, he's Russell f**king Crowe's sparkly eyed man at souths.

He's was a thug and a grub on the field and it appears (allegedly) that he's the same off it.

He offers nothing and if he gets done for these alleged acts against women and old men he should be f**ked off back to pommyland.

And he can take that whinging wanker Perth Dread with him

some11

Referee
As in the same News Limited that employs him through Fox Sports...
Imagine employing him when simultaneously their own journalists are investigating him. Does one hand at the news Corp empire not know what the other hand is doing?

Pistol_Pete

Juniors

MDMA normally just made me want to dance like a f**king nob and then get really intensely focussed on how good everything felt. I remember sitting at a party rubbing a make up brush across my face for about 2 hours once.[/QUOTE]

I remember a big night out in the Hunter once .. we chewed through a whole heap and someone said we should ring Gids

Pommy

Coach
Burgess is held up as a hero, nine used to wank over him like he was God's second son, he's one of Matty Johns' mob on fox, he's Russell f**king Crowe's sparkly eyed man at souths.

He's was a thug and a grub on the field and it appears (allegedly) that he's the same off it.

He offers nothing and if he gets done for these alleged acts against women and old men he should be f**ked off back to pommyland.

I wonder if that’s on the cards, he could be saved by having an Australian child I guess. For a first offence they may feel the child is being unfairly punished.

Danish

Referee

At least now we know what made those eyes so sparkly

franklin2323

Immortal
Who gives a f**k when or why it was released now. Save this RL 'woe is me' shit, if this merkin's done what he is alleged to have done, string him up. Piece of shit.

If found guilty absolutely but remember Josh Reynolds was a slam dunk even with a video... So I will wait til I judge

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't think anyone doubts the story.

The timing is what gets my goat. How long have they been sitting on this. Why wait.

Report it straight to police.

That is it for me. The story didn't have to be published yet. Let the police do their bit and report on the final facts

RL journos, god bless them. Most of what I read has come from the father in law who is in a legal stoush with sam and his ex wife who is in a legal stoush with sam. The drugs stuff is the only new bit and be interesting to see if there is any other evidence other than what is coming from his estranged family
If he didn't have a British passport and played for Cronulla, I'm sure your "interesting" observations would have a different angle. That is, the RL journos wouldnt be questioned.
You, RL journos and Gus Gould have a lot in common. Agendas .

myrrh ken

First Grade
A great read. Mind you, cowritten by Sharron Markson so take with a grain

So I'm guessing his contract value will drop a bit for his nrl return? 4D chess from souffs there.

Knight Vision

First Grade
The game has let women bashers off the hook time and time again.

How are fans supposed to fix that if the game doesn't deregister them. Half the problem is clubs end up paying hush money for the partner to stay quiet.

At least Burgess' wife has some people willing to stand up for her and say enough is enough.
A great mate of mine had an AVO on him from his wife. I'd know him for 30 years - the most gentle placid man you could meet.

The opposite was the case, she was an alcoholic and he the victim of constant domestic violence.( she'd broken his nose twice )

AVO's are often used as the battle for child custody heats up. Those with custody of the children get the lions share of the spilt in the estate and child care payments........

I have an open mind about accusations

butchmcdick

Immortal
MDMA normally just made me want to dance like a f**king nob and then get really intensely focussed on how good everything felt. I remember sitting at a party rubbing a make up brush across my face for about 2 hours once.

I remember a big night out in the Hunter once .. we chewed through a whole heap and someone said we should ring Gids[/QUOTE]

was Clint Dogg spinning the decks ?

Newcastle hip hop stand the f**k up !

Canard

Immortal
This isn't just some crappy tabloid piece of shit, it's a very thoroughly researched piece of investigative journalism, the likes of which I haven't seen, in Rugby League, since the Dog's Liverpool/Cap Scandal stuff.

The is named sources, and clear evidence (receipts, doctor's scripts etc.)

It looks bad for the individual involved, possibly career ending, whom I suspect does actually have some mental health issues (not made up like some others). It looks bad for the club admin involved and especially bad for the club doctor.

Latest posts