What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hook's Heroes

TruSaint

Referee
Moreso the relentless bagging and unjust blame for a premiership loss from donkey fans that affected his confidence i reckon...

No doubt that affected him and his family.
However, it seems like ages ago. Somehow he needs to move on. Easy said I know.

Old Timer

Coach
Re Hunt
The dropped ball was 2015

Hunt was 24/25 and been around 1st grade since he was 21

He stayed with the Broncos for 2 years in and out of 1st grade and shuffling between 7, 9 & 14.

He is no longer loved and comes to StGI
for a long term contract on big $$$$

He does very little other than gel with Widdop (couldn’t take the shit from our club any longer) for a few games and has now shuffled between 7, 9 & 14 (sound familiar)

He is 31 at the start of next season hasn’t recovered from the incident in 2015, hasn’t produced the same form leading up to the GF of 2015.

Nobody seems to know what position he should play and people in here want to persevere with him on the basis of if he gets this and that for it will work.

Well it didn’t work at the Broncos and it hadn’t worked here.

This is exactly how we ended up with the great Mc Fookknuckle for 7 years because people wanted to believe and ignored the gaping holes and obvious flaws and kept spak filling instead.

When it’s f**ked it’s f**ked take your losses and stop putting bandaids on the severed arteries.

If Hunt was at another club and on the market displaying this sort of form at 30 years of age would you sign him?

Blame Mc Fookknuckle for many things but unfortunately Hunt was damaged goods when we signed him and persevering for another year let alone 3 is only going to cost us even more.

Clune managed to find Host and the winger on a few occasions despite being given the minor role by Hunt & Norman and others than Widdop nobody else in the halves have done that.

Sullivan plays 1 game and easily finds Frizz who had been lost in the desert for 4 years ask yourself how that happened?

Don’t compound existing errors and if Hunt can fight his way back from CC then all well and good but we don’t have time to wait for 30 year old million dollar players to find themselves 6 years after an unfortunate incident.

Just because you’ve got them doesn’t mean you have to play them so time to let others have their opportunity as was given to Hunt & Norman who have managed to waste it thus far.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Re Hunt
The dropped ball was 2015

Hunt was 24/25 and been around 1st grade since he was 21

He stayed with the Broncos for 2 years in and out of 1st grade and shuffling between 7, 9 & 14.

He is no longer loved and comes to StGI
for a long term contract on big $$$$

He does very little other than gel with Widdop (couldn’t take the shit from our club any longer) for a few games and has now shuffled between 7, 9 & 14 (sound familiar)

He is 31 at the start of next season hasn’t recovered from the incident in 2015, hasn’t produced the same form leading up to the GF of 2015.

Nobody seems to know what position he should play and people in here want to persevere with him on the basis of if he gets this and that for it will work.

Well it didn’t work at the Broncos and it hadn’t worked here.

This is exactly how we ended up with the great Mc Fookknuckle for 7 years because people wanted to believe and ignored the gaping holes and obvious flaws and kept spak filling instead.

When it’s f**ked it’s f**ked take your losses and stop putting bandaids on the severed arteries.

If Hunt was at another club and on the market displaying this sort of form at 30 years of age would you sign him?

Blame Mc Fookknuckle for many things but unfortunately Hunt was damaged goods when we signed him and persevering for another year let alone 3 is only going to cost us even more.

Clune managed to find Host and the winger on a few occasions despite being given the minor role by Hunt & Norman and others than Widdop nobody else in the halves have done that.

Sullivan plays 1 game and easily finds Frizz who had been lost in the desert for 4 years ask yourself how that happened?

Don’t compound existing errors and if Hunt can fight his way back from CC then all well and good but we don’t have time to wait for 30 year old million dollar players to find themselves 6 years after an unfortunate incident.

Just because you’ve got them doesn’t mean you have to play them so time to let others have their opportunity as was given to Hunt & Norman who have managed to waste it thus far.
Knock knock

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Ben got picked for QLD so he can't be that bad. Not only Mary selected him but the QLD selectors did so he must have some good in him. Ben has showed signs of a quality half and we should persist with him for sure. I remember seeing something where players/coaches voted on players and Hunt was in the top 5 for halves.

How do you think Hunt would have felt having Norman remain in the halves and him being moved to hooker. It should have been the other way around. Ben at least looks like he is trying for the Saints unlike Norman.

Griffin will get him to the level we would expect to see next season for sure. Same with Elliot being in his ear. Hunt looked like a guy who did not think much of the coach and was playing to the coaches instructions knowing it was terrible set up.

In saying that he was awesome at hooker and I would persist with him there as McInness also excelled at lock. I think McInness probably got picked for NSW because he was able to display his versatility to both positions. Hunt at hooker will help young Sullivan's game. Paying big dollars for a hooker is not that bad an idea. Hookers play as big a role as the halves,

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
images

ALSGI

Bench
How do you think Hunt would have felt having Norman remain in the halves and him being moved to hooker. It should have been the other way around. Ben at least looks like he is trying for the Saints unlike Norman.
Mate agree Hunt tries hard and I’m a Hunt fan he’s one of the best halves in the comp - on his day.

But I don’t give a flying f**k how he felt about being moved instead of Norman. It’s not about him or any other player, it’s about the team. A player on his coin needs to be a leader, mentor and produce results.

I do care about players well being and MH and hope the club supports him there but as a fan I don’t f**king care how he felt about being asked to do anything for the team. Don’t drop your head mate, leaders don’t do that.

FFS close to a million $ a year (Millward said no where near a million which with spin could mean $999k).

As I said, I’m a fan of Ben but FFS we need some bang for buck from him and some of our other stars or they can FO.

TruSaint

Referee
Mate agree Hunt tries hard and I’m a Hunt fan he’s one of the best halves in the comp - on his day.

But I don’t give a flying f**k how he felt about being moved instead of Norman. It’s not about him or any other player, it’s about the team. A player on his coin needs to be a leader, mentor and produce results.

I do care about players well being and MH and hope the club supports him there but as a fan I don’t f**king care how he felt about being asked to do anything for the team. Don’t drop your head mate, leaders don’t do that.

FFS close to a million $ a year (Millward said no where near a million which with spin could mean $999k).

As I said, I’m a fan of Ben but FFS we need some bang for buck from him and some of our other stars or they can FO.

Tell us what you really think bro... :) :)

PS: I agree

SAP58

Juniors
No need to say sorry to me brother......
I enjoyed the post..
I agree you only stated what many of us believe as well. Do what you are told including where you are playing & play to the best of your ability because it’s all about the team who play you exceptionally well to perform.

TruSaint

Referee
I agree you only stated what many of us believe as well. Do what you are told including where you are playing & play to the best of your ability because it’s all about the team who play you exceptionally well to perform.

Simple isn't it ?
We critique players left right and centre, some on minimum pay, yet we need to stay off our highest paid?
In not saying attack him personally like he has copped on social media, but his performance is worthy of debate.

Old Timer

Coach
Ben got picked for QLD so he can't be that bad. Not only Mary selected him but the QLD selectors did so he must have some good in him. Ben has showed signs of a quality half and we should persist with him for sure. I remember seeing something where players/coaches voted on players and Hunt was in the top 5 for halves.

Griffin will get him to the level we would expect to see next season for sure. Same with Elliot being in his ear. Hunt looked like a guy who did not think much of the coach and was playing to the coaches instructions knowing it was terrible set up.

In saying that he was awesome at hooker and I would persist with him there as McInness also excelled at lock. I think McInness probably got picked for NSW because he was able to display his versatility to both positions. Hunt at hooker will help young Sullivan's game. Paying big dollars for a hooker is not that bad an idea. Hookers play as big a role as the halves,
I just don't get the "persist with him" thought process for a non contributing 30 year old $1m / year player.

3 years at the club and very little in return if we are truly honest.

Can't kick a filed goal if his life leat alone the teams depended upon it, regularly kicks the ball dead for 7 tackle restarts, rarely takes the line on, makes our forwards flat footed with dish off passes, can't find a hole runner with a pass.

Why on earth do we want to persist with that?

possm

Coach

Qld selected Hunt as a 9, he wasn't selected as a 7 and did not play as Norman's partner in the halves.

I'd say, don't waste your time with the Griffin, get Millward to earn his keep and just off-load the pair of them. A swap for a couple of first rate props would do the job fine.

Como Connection

First Grade

$950ks
FACT
CC

Latest posts