What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Drugs, sex, domestic violence: football's dark cover up

Dark Corner

Juniors
This shit is sad as. Not even commenting on whether its true or not. Peoples business shouldn't be plastered over the papers like this.
NRL has some real enemies doing this shit on finals time and I bet there is load of dodgy shit with politicians, media stars and big business in Australia that never comes to light :(

macnaz

Staff member
This isn't just some crappy tabloid piece of shit, it's a very thoroughly researched piece of investigative journalism, the likes of which I haven't seen, in Rugby League, since the Dog's Liverpool/Cap Scandal stuff.

The is named sources, and clear evidence (receipts, doctor's scripts etc.)

It looks bad for the individual involved, possibly career ending, whom I suspect does actually have some mental health issues (not made up like some others). It looks bad for the club admin involved and especially bad for the club doctor.

Mate you are spot on , i dont think people have read the full 20 minute article to appreciate how massive this is ... the evidence is very damning and precise .If the NRL is willing and truthful to uncover what has been hidden previously, the Souths Sydney Club if guilty would have committed a bigger injustice to the game on a scale making all salary breaches combined look minuscule.

Perth Red

Post Whore
NRL has some real enemies doing this shit on finals time and I bet there is load of dodgy shit with politicians, media stars and big business in Australia that never comes to light :(

Timing wise it’s probably much more likely it’s due to his court case starting shortly with the father in law. I’m sure all this “leaking” of stuff To his estranged wife’s friend who happens to be a reporter is all very timely with the court cases going on. He’s a sht for cheating on her with the woman in Melbourne though regardless.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Mate you are spot on , i dont think people have read the full 20 minute article to appreciate how massive this is ... the evidence is very damning and precise .If the NRL is willing and truthful to uncover what has been hidden previously, the Souths Sydney Club if guilty would have committed a bigger injustice to the game on a scale making all salary breaches combined look minuscule.

There looks to be a time line, evidence of how and when poor behaviour within the article. It's very detailed and precise.

This is a good number of months investigative work.

Wether or not stuff was swept under the carpet ( or in this case under the turf) by previous club and nrl adminstrations. Time will tell.

Light needs to be shone.

Sphagnum

Coach
images

some11

Referee
This shit is sad as. Not even commenting on whether its true or not. Peoples business shouldn't be plastered over the papers like this.
Maybe if it was just avo related and he said/she said.

All the other shit alleges a pattern of behavior that has gone on for years. Most of us don't even care about the drug use, players get off chops every weekend and probably test positive but the club doesn't report it to the NRL. The fact that this guy was held up as untouchable allowed him to get away with everything else while doing his sparkly eyed man routine on ch 9 etc

Reactions: Vee

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Also how do journalists obtain records from a pharmacy?
Only patient, doctor or police with a warrant can get that legally without a breach of the privacy act.

legally being the operative word

I mean all journalists have sooooooo much integrity, don't they

Latest posts