What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

T-Boon

Coach
Yep, I'd be fine with Peats as back up hooker, backrower for one year at $150k. He could be good for 20 minute stints.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Nathan Peats has that real sort of merkin about him, and and he has some nice aggression.

He would be a good depth booker, to give our gun number 9 a spell.

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
Nathan Peats has that real sort of merkin aboutbl him, and and he has some nice aggression.

He would be a good depth booker, to give our gun number 9 a spell.

Yeah, I dunno. There's a reason Arthur let him go, I think. I've got a feeling he might be in the Corey Norman mould - as in, not fantastic for the culture of the club. Also his best playing days are way behind him. I'd prefer Stone.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Trouble maker. Dont think hed fit the culture we are building. Always a sma*t ass on SM. Huge pass at any cost. BA knew what he was doing punting Peatsy. If he rated him he would have been re signed before the SHTF. was average then and has gone backwards since.
Not a fan but you probably guessed that. Lol.

I don’t think he didn’t rate him, it was just we didn’t see any value in what he wanted.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
This article says it all...4th choice hooker at one stage..if you are going to offer Peats circa $200k you probably get Levi for around the same..Levi 25 years old in Dec and Peats turns 30 on Monday..watching Peats he has regressed badly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/couple...s/news-story/63d7eaa8c139217d4659f49e533da283

OVERSEAS INTEREST IN PEATS

Nathan Peats is no longer part of the Gold Coast’s plans moving forward but a move overseas could be on the cards for the hooker.

Total Rugby Leaguereports that Peats has been offered to clubs in the North Hemisphere.

Peats, who previous played in the No. 9 jumper for the NSW Blues, played 76 games for the Titans after linking up with the club from Parramatta.

He has been unable to capture his best form though and at one point this year was the side’s fourth-choice hooker.

not sure where the $200k came from. But the benefit of Peats over Levi is he is stronger defensively plus he can also play a middle forward role.

T-Boon

Coach
I don't think Peats has ever played in a good team with a dominant pack to hook behind. I am definitely interested to see how he would go behind our pack.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I don’t think he didn’t rate him, it was just we didn’t see any value in what he wanted.
Ive no inside info but I reckon BA made some huge errors with regard to players he enlisted and the effect on our culture early in his tenure.
Hayne after his Tits stint.
Foran and his "health" issues.
Watmough some good but mostly bad.
When these (and probably some lesser lights) are compared to more recent recruits I kinda think the recruitment and retention have it pretty right now days. I think Peats wore out his welcome but if he comes home I'll bow to the heirachy that makes it so. One in all in. W Smith can keep the seat warm until Schnider is ready hopefully.

Latest posts