What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Judiciary Charges

On 2MMM this morning, they reported that when giving testimony, Tamou admitted he lied about being gouged in order to earn a penalty. If that report is accurate, then, in my opinion, Tamou should be charged for bringing the game into disrepute. This kind of crap should have a stop put on it pronto.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
On 2MMM this morning, they reported that when giving testimony, Tamou admitted he lied about being gouged in order to earn a penalty. If that report is accurate, then, in my opinion, Tamou should be charged for bringing the game into disrepute. This kind of crap should have a stop put on it pronto.

If that was true Gingerpom wouldn't have got 4 weeks... also.. the video evidence.

Exsilium

First Grade
Well that sucks. Hopefully he fights it & gets off. It looked bad from one angle & ok from another.

I’d be confident he could get off this one. It was worthy of the penalty and little else.

I can’t even remember if he was placed on report or if this has come from the MRC.

Danish

Referee
Honestly don’t recall the Kikau tackle. Sucks that he’ll miss a prelim for a grade 1 offence based on nothing more than non-similar loading garbage.

JWH one looked like a grade 1 for sure to me.

GongPanther

Referee
Funny game RL, a bloke gets tackled and no sign of injury, the player tackling misses a week. Whilst another player cops a smack in the biscuit, and the offending player cops a fine.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Funny game RL, a bloke gets tackled and no sign of injury, the player tackling misses a week. Whilst another player cops a smack in the biscuit, and the offending player cops a fine.

The charge itself isn’t causing him to miss a week, he is only missing a week because he has priors

Legends

Juniors
Yes I know. And given JWH's priors, how he gets a fine still makes the process somewhat confusing.

I don't think you understand the system. The NRL deems dangerous throws worse than careless high tackles. A Grade 1 careless is just a fine. If you have priors the fine is larger.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I know he's a key player but it's very obvious why dangerous throws attract a worse charge than careless high tackles

nick87

Coach
They’ll let him off, though there is no doubt he’d not have a prayer of getting off for a regular season game

another example why games should be tiered imo
Regular season games... 100 points
Finals week 1... 125 points
Finals week 2... 150 points
Finals week 3... 200 points
GF... 250 points
Test and SOO... 150 points

As the importance scales up, so too does the points required to miss the game

Don’t make the judiciary force themselves into silly and inconsistent rulings just to ensure players aren’t ruled out of big games for minor offences
Change the system to help them maintain consistency

Latest posts