What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

I mentioned earlier about targeting Angus Crichton. Last night reinforced that even more. He’s free to talk in November. We should at least force the Roosters to up or lengthen their deal if they want to keep him. He’s the best second rower available by far. I’d offer him a 3 year deal and see if we can get him early with Saab and a bit of cash their way.

Lindsay Collins again played very well.
He is the one in the forward pack that would be on low money and could easily double his pay check at another Club.
Knowing the roosters though they will move on JWH at the end of next year to keep Collins.

Dragon David

First Grade
How slick are Panthers halves thats what I want.
Yes the Panthers halves are slick, fit and oozing with confidence which comes with winning 16 games on the trot. They both have a lot of natural ability and instincts. They both could be the Blues Origin halves this year.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
He is the one in the forward pack that would be on low money and could easily double his pay check at another Club.
Knowing the roosters though they will move on JWH at the end of next year to keep Collins.
Yeah Collins no doubt will be their long term enforcer. Crichton though has often found himself on the bench, what a luxury it must be to have an origin player on the bench.

Gippsy

Bench

Yep, I'd take any one of the Roosters forwards. Surely Crichton, Collins, Tupouniua or Butcher would prefer a regular starting position. I'd even take JWH for a year or two.

possm

Coach
I mentioned earlier about targeting Angus Crichton. Last night reinforced that even more. He’s free to talk in November. We should at least force the Roosters to up or lengthen their deal if they want to keep him. He’s the best second rower available by far. I’d offer him a 3 year deal and see if we can get him early with Saab and a bit of cash their way.
I really don't get why we have to pay dollars their way. So many players have left the Dragons with time remaining on their contract and we have received zilch.

But I like Crichton and believe he would be a great replacement for Frizell. I'd rather see a deal where:
Both Crichton's and Saab's contracts are terminated.
We sign Crichton on a 3 year deal with an agreed salary.
Saab is signed by the Rooster on conditions they agree upon.

No money transfers to either club and both clubs get what they want. Easts a good young winger and a significant saving in salary cap. Dragons fill a hole left by Frizell like for like.

getsmarty

Immortal
I really don't get why we have to pay dollars their way. So many players have left the Dragons with time remaining on their contract and we have received zilch.

But I like Crichton and believe he would be a great replacement for Frizell. I'd rather see a deal where:
Both Crichton's and Saab's contracts are terminated.
We sign Crichton on a 3 year deal with an agreed salary.
Saab is signed by the Rooster on conditions they agree upon.

No money transfers to either club and both clubs get what they want. Easts a good young winger and a significant saving in salary cap. Dragons fill a hole left by Frizell like for like.

All good in theory but why would the roosters let him go ? It's not like they need another winger and are under salary cap pressure..;-)

possm

Coach
All good in theory but why would the roosters let him go ? It's not like they need another winger and are under salary cap pressure..;-)
This is the last year of the Morris twins at the Roosters and Saab is one of the most promising wingers coming through right now; he just does not want to belong to the big red V.

getsmarty

Immortal
This is the last year of the Morris twins at the Roosters and Saab is one of the most promising wingers coming through right now; he just does not want to belong to the big red V.

Really...Morris twins stated they will go around again...they also have Billy smith and others to come into their side.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...twins-to-play-on-in-2021-20200716-p55cjt.html

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...d/news-story/2cd646523c47180111493a6618fd95d8

Dragon David

First Grade
Really...Morris twins stated they will go around again...they also have Billy smith and others to come into their side.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...twins-to-play-on-in-2021-20200716-p55cjt.html

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...d/news-story/2cd646523c47180111493a6618fd95d8
I think that the Morris boys will play on next year at the Roosters. The problem for the Roosters though is that Josh is the mocker - that is why I think they will not win the grand final this year, if they make it, and it could be a big possibility that they get beaten by the Raiders next weekend after the Raiders beat the Sharks today in any case.

With Josh playing at the Roosters next year, they will not be winning the grand final in 2021 as well. That is my prediction.

Gareth67

First Grade
I would also like the Raiders to bring the rorters premiership dream to an end D.D. however they , the Raiders will really need to be playing at their best to do the job .

The rorters did come screaming back into last nights game at the bitter end and I just have a feeling that they will throw everything including the kitchen sink at Canberra next week ( should they beat the Sharks today ) .

Remember my friend - nothing is a foregone conclusion in semi - finals football and the rorters seem to have the same luck as the Storm .

Gareth67

First Grade
IIRC, from rounds 9 - 16 Rav didn't make a single handling error, so he is able to get those errors out of his game he just needs another off season to fine tune some things.

Having him and Feagai on the same side is certainly an option as he has played on the left wing a few times already, and I feel like Ramsey would benefit outside Lomax more with his speed.

Agree Spazer , undoubtedly the mans game improved in the latter part of the season , but I must confess I did not realize that his handling had improved as much as it had .

As you say another season to fine-tune his games and he will become even better . Also having Ramsey outside Lomax is a win win situation for the Dragons as would be Ravawala .

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Look at this Storm team must be someone we can steal.

I reckon our strategy needs to be to poach good youngsters from the top sides such as Melbourne who can't crack in to their first grade team.

Do that and at the same time retain the good youth from our own backyard and we will have good sustainable success for a long time.

I don't think paying overs for 1 or 2 big names is a good strategy and we have the lived experience of Hunt and Norman to prove that now.

Dragon David

First Grade
We seem to have reached the stage of beggars cannot be chooses as it appears that there are players not willing to come to our destination in a hurry.

It will be of no use for us to just sign up anybody and waste money and effort in playing guys that are not better than the ones we are losing. The key will be getting either better ones or those that have noticeable potential to grow at the club.

I don't know really what the solutions are for this club to be formidable once more. Our destiny is in the hands of new staff now so I guess we need to have faith that they will be doing the right thing.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
We seem to have reached the stage of beggars cannot be chooses as it appears that there are players not willing to come to our destination in a hurry.

It will be of no use for us to just sign up anybody and waste money and effort in playing guys that are not better than the ones we are losing. The key will be getting either better ones or those that have noticeable potential to grow at the club.

I don't know really what the solutions are for this club to be formidable once more. Our destiny is in the hands of new staff now so I guess we need to have faith that they will be doing the right thing.
I hope we don’t pay overs for a few players just because. Our best bet is probably to get a few out of favour players like the big O and hope Hook can turn them around. The only players I’d pay overs for are Matt Burton, or a real top line prop like Paulo or Haas.