What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Wizardman

First Grade
I saw "An American Werewolf in London" last night. What a brilliant blend of comedy and horror in a movie. Normally, these attempts don't quite work but this movie was an exception.Very funny when it needs to be and very creepy when it needs to be. The werewolf transformation scene stands up by todays standards.....so very well done and believable.
There are quite a few great scenes in the movie....overall quite impressed with the final product.

Exsilium

First Grade
The Devil all The Time .
A Netflix pic set around the 1950s in America .
Devout Religious folk & a serial killer couple who's paths cross is the setting .
Very well made ..good Drama.
Jason Clarke as usual is very good .
Worth a watch as I think it captures the stupidity of the devout religious types back then .
7/10

I thought it was a decent movie. Well written and did a good job of highlighting how “people of good character” could hold and abuse their community standing and delegated powers.

Im sure what occurs in that movie would have been commonplace in highly religious states and counties of the USA.

7/10 is a fair mark.

Smack

Coach
Seen so many bad moves this year and a lot of them come from netflix..

I started watching 'Strike Back' (2010-2020) a UK special forces/military intelligence/terrorist show, actually pretty gritty I like it. In season 2 atm. It's a 2 man team now and their tactics are realistic. Peeling, entering at angles etc etc

Zoidberg

First Grade
John Wick 3. Always have fun with these movies. Middle act was a let down, never been a fan of Halle Berry and she is not good in this either, though I liked her dogs. First and last act are good enough to forgive the middle.

RedVDave

First Grade
John Wick 3. Always have fun with these movies. Middle act was a let down, never been a fan of Halle Berry and she is not good in this either, though I liked her dogs. First and last act are good enough to forgive the middle.

John wick 3 is great fun but I very much disagree with your thoughts on Halle Berry she's very beautiful and extremely talented.

I would suggest watching gothika or monster's Ball or swordfish she's great in those films.

azzah72

Bench

I reckon Halle Berry is good fun in the film and the action scene with the dogs might be my favourite action scene of the last decade, maybe even one of my favs ever.

Timbo

Staff member
Over the last month or so my wife and I have re-watched the whole MCU.

Honestly, is there a bad movie in there? Ed Norton’s Hulk is a bit weird, Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 are a bit slow, but none are outright bad films.

And talk about sticking the landing when you tie it all together.

azzah72

Bench
Not really any bad MCU films, imo just cookie cutter generic ones spattered with some genuinely excellent movies.

I definitely couldn't bring myself to re-watch them all again outside of 4 or 5 of them.

Reactions: PJ

Matua

Bench
Over the last month or so my wife and I have re-watched the whole MCU.

Honestly, is there a bad movie in there? Ed Norton’s Hulk is a bit weird, Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 are a bit slow, but none are outright bad films.

And talk about sticking the landing when you tie it all together.
Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 almost put me off the 'super hero' genre but they're outliers to me ... and I'm unsure whether I've seen Hulk, I mean I think I have but I can't be certain.

azzah72

Bench
Molly's Game.

Ex potential Olympic skier gets injured and gets into the world of running underground poker games for the rich and famous.

Jessica Chastain is great and it's a pretty interesting story based on a true story.

Solid 7/10, maybe 8 for the clevage.

Real life is stranger than fiction sometimes.

Wizardman

First Grade
Molly's Game.

Ex potential Olympic skier gets injured and gets into the world of running underground poker games for the rich and famous.

Jessica Chastain is great and it's a pretty interesting story based on a true story.

Solid 7/10, maybe 8 for the clevage.

Real life is stranger than fiction sometimes.
I really enjoyed it. The asshole celeb player in it is very much rumoured to be Tobey Macguire in real life.

Wizardman

First Grade
I saw "Snakes in a Plane" for the first time last night. Im not sure if the film makers took this angle, but it seems like they went for a B-movie type vibe with it.
Either way, I really liked it. It didn't take itself too seriously and was a lot of fun. Samuel L Jackson getting pissed off right towards the end put the icing on the cake for me.

Not Oscar winning but fun. 3 out of 5

Last edited:

azzah72

Bench
I saw "Snakes in a Plane" for the first time last night. Im not sure if the film makers took this angle, but it seems like they went for a B-movie type vibe with it.
Either way, I really liked it. It didn't take itself too seriously and was a lot of fun. Samuel L Jackson getting pissed off right towards the end put the icing on the cake for me.

Not Oscar winning but fun. 3 out of 5

Yeah, it's exactly what it should have been. Ridiculous dumb fun.

mongoose

Coach
Sacha Baron Coen double

Borat Subsequent Moviefilm - Probably not as good as the original but has its moments. He has a (hot) daughter who follows him to the US who he wants to offer to VP Mike Pence. There is a cringe worthy and extremely controversial scene involving Rudy Giuliani that has to be seen to be believed...

The trial of the Chicago 7 - I'm not big on courtroom style movies but this is one of the most interesting I've ever seen. Just very entertaining and funny too. Based on true events of course.

nöyd

Staff member
Unhinged

Rusty plays a psychotic dead-beat dad probably too well, watchable but with predicatable scares, and a cringey-as-f**k Schwarzenegger/Seagal/Stallone-esque one-liner prior to the villiains death.

6/10, but that shitty one-liner drops it to 4/10.

lol@souffs

Latest posts