What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Drugs, sex, domestic violence: football's dark cover up

bileduct

Coach
Hoooooly f**k, so much of this should go into the shit nobody else other than Burgess and his family should give a f**k about bin.

The doctor is obviously in a bit of trouble if the allegations are correct, and even though I tend to care less about recreational drug use, Sam's pill popping episode is concerning enough that had it been made public at the time he should have been punished by the NRL, given the precedent set with Mitchell Pierce.

As for the rest of it, I couldn't give two f**ks. Who gives a shit about some woman he had an affair with that only got upset a year later after finding out he was married? The sexting stuff was a clear setup from the woman involved... Even the pixelation from Limited News attempt to protect her anonymity didn't do a good enough job of hiding the fact that she was laying naked on a bed.

A lot of this stinks of Limited News looking for their Mad Monday spike in newspaper sales.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If we are honest all that matters as far as the NRL goes is this (quoted from the article linked by myrrh ken)

"In the wake of this incident, Burgess underwent a secret drug test with a different doctor on November 7, 2018, in the underground car park of South Sydney Juniors club, where he allegedly tested positive for MDMA and ketamine.The drug tests were allegedly recorded under a fake name, according to sworn statements provided to NSW Police."

If this is proven as true then Souths are culpable for it imo and should be punished

Saint Doc

Coach
If we are honest all that matters as far as the NRL goes is this (quoted from the article linked by myrrh ken)

"In the wake of this incident, Burgess underwent a secret drug test with a different doctor on November 7, 2018, in the underground car park of South Sydney Juniors club, where he allegedly tested positive for MDMA and ketamine.The drug tests were allegedly recorded under a fake name, according to sworn statements provided to NSW Police."

If this is proven as true then Souths are culpable for it imo and should be punished

Its interesting that it’s a different doctor.

The club doctor clearly did the wrong thing writing the script in the father in law’s name. But the fact he wasn’t involved in the second day suggests he refused to continue to participate in the situation. And strongly suggests people from the club were aware. Otherwise - who organised the second doctor?

betcats

Referee
Not feeling sorry for burgess at all. He sounds like a mad f**k, the story of him waiting outside billy smiths house, and him assaulting his pregnant wife, the bloke belongs in a straight jacket if these are true. But oh no the poor blokes having some personal business played out by the media how tragic for him.

betcats

Referee
Also domestic violence, drug use and fraudulent doctors should be investigated bythe nrl. His wife probably got most of his money and she’s from a wealthy family anyway so I doubt the assault allegations are going away. She’s not going be bought off and she’s not worried about protecting his career which is how these things are usually cleared up for nrl players.

At least we won’t have to try and decipher what this northern monkey is saying on fox sports anymore.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
The pattern of behaviour was of someone who thought he could do anything as he had the tacit support of Souths management and Todd Greenberg.

Greenburg again.

Seriously, how did this bloke ever get the CEO gig and how many more examples of his piss poor leadership will the current NRL management have to deal with?

Chimp

Bench
I’m sure many will disagree with this, but I’d argue that the allegations against Souths and the Doc with regard cover ups and falsifying tests is worse than what Cronulla were found guilty of with Dank.
Cronulla weren’t guilty of purposely doing anything wrong (They might actually have known, but that’s not what they got done for), but for not having strong enough governance to prevent someone (Dank) going rogue.
If true, this is straight up corruption.

Someguy

First Grade
What is unforgivable is performance enhancing drug use, that should lead to a life ban in every situation. That is not an issue here.

I certainly hope not but if first allegation is true then who knows what further digging will find

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hoooooly f**k, so much of this should go into the shit nobody else other than Burgess and his family should give a f**k about bin.

The doctor is obviously in a bit of trouble if the allegations are correct, and even though I tend to care less about recreational drug use, Sam's pill popping episode is concerning enough that had it been made public at the time he should have been punished by the NRL, given the precedent set with Mitchell Pierce.

As for the rest of it, I couldn't give two f**ks. Who gives a shit about some woman he had an affair with that only got upset a year later after finding out he was married? The sexting stuff was a clear setup from the woman involved... Even the pixelation from Limited News attempt to protect her anonymity didn't do a good enough job of hiding the fact that she was laying naked on a bed.

A lot of this stinks of Limited News looking for their Mad Monday spike in newspaper sales.
While I agree the personal stuff should remain personal, Burgess himself made this kind of shit public 5-6 years ago in that 'Slammin Sam' doco puff piece bullshit Rusty supported. He made his own bed by portraying the image of being such a great lad etc etc that this became public interest, especially after the 2018 controversy

blue bags

First Grade
While I agree the personal stuff should remain personal, Burgess himself made this kind of shit public 5-6 years ago in that 'Slammin Sam' doco puff piece bullshit Rusty supported. He made his own bed by portraying the image of being such a great lad etc etc that this became public interest, especially after the 2018 controversy