What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket 19 stories

nöyd

Staff member
This thread may sit here with no responses, or a very little amount of views, I don't care, I love this game, and am going to share my experiences playing as the (virtual) Australian cricket team.

My squad contains the same 20 players currently contracted by CA in real life, however I reserve the right to promote/demote any player to/from the squad, in between series. Our first port of call is a 5 Test series away against South Africa.

Tim Paine has won the toss and elected to bat on a reasonably flat wicket, but with a slow outfield.

Australia is in a spot of bother at lunch on day one, currently at 4/65. Highlight images below:

gfuFlrE.jpg

David Warner chose to leave the wrong ball

FXv59sc.jpg

Marnus pulls to the boundary

vy3gX7O.jpg

Faf must be a graduate of the Shane Watson school of reviewing

tH5euIe.jpg

Marnus caught by Faf at second slip

VoElKe7.jpg

A mis-timed pull shot balloons up for short leg, Smith gone cheap

nöyd

Staff member
Much better second session, losing just the one wicket for 99 runs.

MSTyWnN.jpg

Gotta love an edge through slips for four

soM2pP9.jpg

Fifty for Joe Burns, he's battled

cnpqrFt.jpg

Burns and the skipper off for tea

ZEAG9I0.jpg

Scorecard at tea

nöyd

Staff member
Paine and Burns bat through to the end of the day, after being 5/77, Australia finish the day on top at 5/298. The wicket has flattened out to a road, runs are there for the taking.

JAq82n9.jpg

Joe Burns - test century #5

pSM3mvz.jpg

200 runs for the sixth wicket

VlAxMwo.jpg

Second new ball

fUgHJFc.jpg

Skipper pulls for four more

OSC0gSZ.jpg

Tim Paine - test century #1

shiznit

Coach
Yup.... I got stuck in to this one over the summer while I was stuck working and the rest of my family were on holiday at the f**king beach... loved it though... spent weeks playing this sucker...

nöyd

Staff member
Continuing this series, at work right now so I can't post any scorecards/screenies, currently bowling to SAF in a 320-odd 4th innings run chase in the second test of the series.

Not sure if Cameron Green will get a start with the real aussie test team, but I may have to blood him into my squad for the upcoming India series, as Wade has struggled in the first 2 tests against SAF (art imitating life?)

Top game. Got it for a laugh to play with the young lad but I got right into it. I’m not a gamer at all but this brought me back after about 15 years in the gamer wilderness.

I took the long route. Made my own character and built up over time through club, then district, then state, playing tournaments, just need to crack the Australian side now..

Love the game, although it’s amusing playing a game in the Carribean t20 competition and Michael Slater announces a change of bowler “coming in from the Randwick end”.

soc123_au

Staff member
Top game. Got it for a laugh to play with the young lad but I got right into it. I’m not a gamer at all but this brought me back after about 15 years in the gamer wilderness.

I took the long route. Made my own character and built up over time through club, then district, then state, playing tournaments, just need to crack the Australian side now..

Love the game, although it’s amusing playing a game in the Carribean t20 competition and Michael Slater announces a change of bowler “coming in from the Randwick end”.
Well one end is closer to Randwick than the other.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
This game is on the Xbox game pass, but not the Game Pass for PC!! Grrr!!

Couple of questions - Can you play as other nations besides Australia? Ie, can you play as New Zealand?

Also, does it have domestic competitions in it, like the BBL?

nöyd

Staff member
This game is on the Xbox game pass, but not the Game Pass for PC!! Grrr!!

Couple of questions - Can you play as other nations besides Australia? Ie, can you play as New Zealand?

Also, does it have domestic competitions in it, like the BBL?
You can pretty much play as any team you wish, only some are licensed, MOST are not.

The licensed teams are Australia and England, plus the Australian states and English counties (I think?). All the other teams such as New Zealand, South Africa, India etc. have been modded in by some pretty smart folks, there's some sort of face scanning thingamebob inside the game that allows users to create pretty much anyone, like a custom Virat Kohli or Kane Williamson or Faf du Plessis all look pretty identical to the real deal.

The BBL is not in the game, but all the teams are easily downloadable, so that you can set up your own tournaments.

I had to format my PC the other day, so need to re-install the game, I don't lose any progress as it's all saved on steam plus I always back it all up. Thinking of perhaps doing some live streams, or at least recording and posting some little highlight packages here.

EDIT: FYI all the mods are NOT exclusive to PC, they are also available on consoles as well.

nöyd

Staff member
Just a quick update that this series against SAF has had to be abandoned, I had a lightning strike near my house a couple of Thursday's ago, close enough for a surge to come through the NBN modem and straight down the ethernet cable and into my motherboard which f**ked it completely.

I was running an i7 7700k on a 7th gen board, but have now upgraded to an i7 10700k on a new 10th gen board. It has taken longer than I would like to get it all running smoothly but I think I'm almost there.

Hopeful of doing a days play in game for every day of the upcoming AUS-IND Test Series.

Rabbits20

Immortal
You can pretty much play as any team you wish, only some are licensed, MOST are not.

The licensed teams are Australia and England, plus the Australian states and English counties (I think?). All the other teams such as New Zealand, South Africa, India etc. have been modded in by some pretty smart folks, there's some sort of face scanning thingamebob inside the game that allows users to create pretty much anyone, like a custom Virat Kohli or Kane Williamson or Faf du Plessis all look pretty identical to the real deal.

The BBL is not in the game, but all the teams are easily downloadable, so that you can set up your own tournaments.

I had to format my PC the other day, so need to re-install the game, I don't lose any progress as it's all saved on steam plus I always back it all up. Thinking of perhaps doing some live streams, or at least recording and posting some little highlight packages here.

EDIT: FYI all the mods are NOT exclusive to PC, they are also available on consoles as well.
I haven’t had much time for PlayStation this year, I don’t have internet connection on my PS4 just play by myself or if a mate comes over. Would you still recommend buying this game? I am thinking of it for Christmas but am worried career mode may crash.....

Is it any better than Ashes Cricket 17? In that game I started my career made it into the Australian team at 22 years old then when I turned 24 years old the whole thing froze and I couldn’t continue my career, I haven’t played it since. Can’t be stuffed building a career again for it to freeze as a 24 year old.

I still love the DB14 game still play it sometimes am like 31 years old now in my career mode. T20 average is about 50, test average 50-51 and ODI avg around 39, I bat at number 4.

nöyd

Staff member
Ok it looks like I am past my PC issues (touch wood), and seeing as the real life tour to South Africa is not going ahead, I thought I would play a series against them, hopefully I get to finish it this time.

It's a new look Aussie test team, with a new captain as well. Out of the team for the first test is Paine, Wade, Harris and Starc, in their place is Pucovski, Carey and Pattison, with Travis Head back in and the new skipper.

Attached below is the scorecard after the first days play, SAF won the toss and sent the Aussies in as there was some drizzle about, some overs were lost due to the weather and the honours look pretty even at stumps.

Smith and Head were cruising until Smith top edged a pull shot down to fine leg, and after that Head didn't last too much longer. Alex Carey looks good in his first ever test innings, hopefully he and Green can stick around and help guide the score past 300-350+.

M64OGaQ.png

nöyd

Staff member
Ok so the first test has been run and won, quite convincingly by Australia. Pictured below are all four scorecards for the match.

IXyyr4T.png

PhmAo1c.png

XuXZqw3.png

CeifySt.png

FKCDqZj.png

As I said, a quite convincing victory. Interesting to note that South Africa bowled pretty much twice as many overs as Australia.