What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Decision Making Issue

Frenzy.

Immortal
So, he was good. Always is.

People seem to think because he doesn't wun weally, weally fast he's not doing his job. He is, and doing it well, as you just described. :)

carinashark

First Grade
Not like you to hop on the bandwagon of the vox populi in here Frailty. Woods was good in the semi.
No no ,I cannot let that go . He was going at slow speed even Fifita was faster and looking to do something. Woods and Chad are hand brakes. Wade has to go as well. Somthings wrong with his head.

I think I sort of undertand the Woods fan club..A Fit fifita and Woods would be a great starting pack bookends.But these days while the ptb might be quick the preceding back into the defence and fight to remain upright while crabbing a couple metres forward while opposition defence sets ?

jc155776

Coach
Woods was ran over by a halfback Frenzy.

Imagine if that had been ol mate Simmons putting in a defensive effort like that back in the day.

Version IV

Juniors
Woods never looks likely to bust the line, he is never interested in coming up with big defensive play.
It's if he is playing slower or doesn't like the big impact in attack or defence.
Woods should have gone after Papalli for example land a big hit on him put him off his game it would challenge Papalli to do same to Woids

DJDL

Bench
Woods was ran over by a halfback Frenzy.

I'm surprised this is the first time anyone has mentioned that in here (as far as I can see).
It was galling. I'm no Woods-hater but the guy should be embarrassed beyond belief at his effort on that one.

Everything woods does looks like its purely to stat pad, flopping in on nearly completed tackles for example. He's a stats nerds dream and epitomises the softness about the defence.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I would have to say that Wadeo was one of the more disappointing players this year. I was really expecting him to step into the captains role and do it well. Some of the captains challenges we attempted this year were embarrassing. Not saying it’s all Wades fault cause he is relying on other players input (especially with ball stripping etc). Just makes me wonder if a dummy half would be a better option as captain just because of their close proximity to the ruck where the majority of the infringements are occurring. While B2 is pretty young he certainly has the footy smarts. Just an after thought....maybe the captains role has affected his footy because his form was way off his usual standards.

snout

First Grade
Everything woods does looks like its purely to stat pad, flopping in on nearly completed tackles for example. He's a stats nerds dream and epitomises the softness about the defence.
Spot on.
He walks off every game uninjured. Stats up.
Shirt folded and put away for next week. No laundry required.

In the position he plays it is about aggression.
Peter kelly
Les davidson
Chief harragon
Spud carroll
Glen lazarus
Shane webke
JWH
And so on.

The good ones win premierships because they win the middle. You only do that by aggression.
The game woods brings is a soft slow dance of self preservation.
He can hypnotise you into thinking he is having a good game - he has hypnotised poor Frenz.

He will never ever win a premiership. Nor will we whilst we hitch our wagon to him.
We have no aggression.

Nor a skilled halfback but thats another thread or 10.

Last edited:

Quicksilver

Bench
Chad Townsend will never win a premiership...

FFS.

this again, everywhere.

Our “skilled” high paid half wears number 6.

The same set up as in our premiership year.

Both Maloney and Johnson are halfback style five-eights so it can work. Chad wouldn’t do so well with a bulky older style lock 5/8 but a halfback style one is fine.

it’s not really possible to maintain 2 top halves in a salary cap system for any length of time. Sometimes you can have them come together in passing for a year or so, but there’s an element of luck in that.

whinge whinge whinge.

R-15-3

Bench
I’d love to see the run meters stat on the play after Woods or Fifita has crabbed forward while the defence resets. Lowering the effectiveness of the next play or even 2 if the player is dominated due to the set defence. Or how rushed our back line is or kicking game.
Compare that to following Toby, MrT or Uele. I don’t understand the Woods love by a few in here.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Both Aaron Woods and Phil Bailey played for NSW and Australia - there’s something in that for all aspiring NRL players.
And Phil Bailey never polarised people like Woods does - I think it’s that Bailey knew he was punching above his weight, whereas Woods truly thinks he is top tier

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Spot on.
He walks off every game uninjured. Stats up.
Shirt folded and put away for next week. No laundry required.

In the position he plays it is about aggression.
Peter kelly
Les davidson
Chief harragon
Spud carroll
Glen lazarus
Shane webke
JWH
And so on.

The good ones win premierships because they win the middle. You only do that by aggression.
The game woods brings is a soft slow dance of self preservation.
He can hypnotise you into thinking he is having a good game - he has hypnotised poor Frenz.

He will never ever win a premiership. Nor will we whilst we hitch our wagon to him.
We have no aggression.

Nor a skilled halfback but thats another thread or 10.
It’s funny you mention Bundy and Woods in the same post. A while back a few lads at the wharves were having a footy chat and asked Bundy which player he wished he could have played against. He laughed and said Aaron Woods. I rest my case.

snout

First Grade
Both Aaron Woods and Phil Bailey played for NSW and Australia - there’s something in that for all aspiring NRL players.
And Phil Bailey never polarised people like Woods does - I think it’s that Bailey knew he was punching above his weight, whereas Woods truly thinks he is top tier
Woods was a gimmick for some reason.
The long hair and beard.
A wild man look.
They probably thought he was another Geoff robinson.
Marketable.
Fox signed to a weekly gig until they realised he had nothing original to say and sacked him after a year.
Good luck to him - good PR got him some big paydays...as the game is littered with blokes who went to war literally every weekend for their club but got nowhere near the fanfare.