What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 finals Eels v Souths at Bankwest (and team list)

eels_fan

First Grade
So Fergo is 50/50 which means he’ll be named tomorrow.

So is our only changes Sivo & Niukore out, Gennings and Kaufusi in, or is there more to it?

Does Stone or Taka get a run in place of Smith (I vote no).

Does Taka take Niukore’s spot for extra coverage given how much last weeks injuries screwed our plans ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So Fergo is 50/50 which means he’ll be named tomorrow.

So is our only changes Sivo & Niukore out, Gennings and Kaufusi in, or is there more to it?

Does Stone or Taka get a run in place of Smith (I vote no).

Does Taka take Niukore’s spot for extra coverage given how much last weeks injuries screwed our plans ?
Takairangi will be 18th man and come in for Ferguson an hour before the game.

lucablight

First Grade
the storm actually have 4 ... Addo-Carr, Munster, Kaufusi, Welsch ... plus Funicane if he wasn't injured ... and we all know Smith would be .... so I would say technically 6

plus they have 5 NZ internationals (ie also top tier reps inelligible for SOO) - Bromwiches x2, NAS, Hughes, BSmith

So 11 top tier rep players in their top 17 .... plus clearly papynhausen will be .... then their numpties - Olam, Vunicane, Tino

Parra has - Fergo who may well not be anymore .... Gutho and Mahoney I think will make the squads but not play a game ... Junior, RCG would have been locks earlier in the year, unsure now - similar Matto ... Nrown never quite gets to that level, tho is probably capable .... Drown maybe fringe NZ ... Moses won't make SOO ..... potentially no one will play a rep game
Cheers mate. I missed Kafusi. I think it’s a bit harsh to say someone isn’t a good player if they don’t get picked for origin. Look at what Penrith has done this season. I would say from our team the following players are *potentially* rep quality
NZ: D. Brown
NSW: Gutherson, Ferguson, Moses, Paulo, RCG, Lane, Brown, Matterson
QLD: Mahoney

A lot of teams would kill for a roster like ours.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cheers mate. I missed Kafusi. I think it’s a bit harsh to say someone isn’t a good player if they don’t get picked for origin. Look at what Penrith has done this season. I would say from our team the following players are *potentially* rep quality
NZ: D. Brown
NSW: Gutherson, Ferguson, Moses, Paulo, RCG, Lane, Brown, Matterson
QLD: Mahoney

A lot of teams would kill for a roster like ours.
Which teams? I reckon all the ones remaining in the finals would prefer their current rosters.

lucablight

First Grade
Which teams? I reckon all the ones remaining in the finals would prefer their current rosters.
If all teams were at full strength I’d say the Eels have a superior roster to all the teams in the NRL save the Roosters and Storm. We just haven’t gelled as a team in the second half of the season and some players have experienced a drastic loss in form i.e Moses, Sivo, Ferguson, Blake.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If all teams were at full strength I’d say the Eels have a superior roster to all the teams in the NRL save the Roosters and Storm. We just haven’t gelled as a team in the second half of the season and some players have experienced a drastic loss in form i.e Moses, Sivo, Ferguson, Blake.
I'd say by finals time you'd rather have more big game experience in your roster. The only team with less than us is the Panthers.

IFR33K

Coach
So does Fergo's "ongoing knee problem" that "he's been managing all season" have something to do with his drop in form

Or is he just well past his best?

past it. But he’s on our books for another season. It can’t be too bad can it

Glenneel

Bench
So if we don’t win next week have had a shit season and a loss will mean that we will have a shit 2021 ? Aren’t you in a miserable mood today Gazza
I've been in a miserable mood around this time of the year for 34 years now and counting.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So does Fergo's "ongoing knee problem" that "he's been managing all season" have something to do with his drop in form

Or is he just well past his best?

Fergo has a frustrating error in his game but don’t think he is going that bad. He is still making plenty of metres, but I reckon his biggest problem is his centre partner. I don’t think they have formed a good partnership.

Gronk

Staff member
Fergo has a frustrating error in his game but don’t think he is going that bad. He is still making plenty of metres, but I reckon his biggest problem is his centre partner. I don’t think they have formed a good partnership.
I agree with @lingard and @Gazzamatta that Waqa have served him a shit sandwich all year. When was the last time that Fergo has been given an opportunity by Waqa ? My recollection is that Gutho is the only merkin who gives him money balls.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I agree with @lingard and @Gazzamatta that Waqa have served him a shit sandwich all year. When was the last time that Fergo has been given an opportunity by Waqa ? My recollection is that Gutho is the only merkin who gives him money balls.

Yep and additionally Blakes shit defensive reads is putting pressure on Fergo ......making him look terrible