What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals.

martielang

Bench
Misses a week due to carry over points. Now I don’t wanna be the guy that said we should of fought the charge a couple of weeks ago when he was sitting out regardless. But I am that guy.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Misses a week due to carry over points. Now I don’t wanna be the guy that said we should of fought the charge a couple of weeks ago (which he wouldn’t of won & therefore would of cleared his points) when he was sitting out regardless. But I am that guy.

That looked like the easier one to fight

I though Jwh was on his way down, well and truly covered and the spectacular flip really wasn’t required.

Gives away a penalty and misses a game for minor brain snap.

I don’t think Ivan or the balance of the side would have appreciated the ill-discipline as it reduces selection options and he’s a handy player.

On the plus side, Jwh has had a lot of the grub in him over the years, the tackle was simply contemptuous in its message ( ie fun) and I didn’t see many roosters running in for the brawl let alone the mandatory air swing.

If I was at home and a roosters fan, I would have put my Peruvian soy goats milk down, got in front of the tv and started throwing imaginary left hook uppercuts at Kiks in the name of justice until I was marched out to the back verandah.

Last edited:

Pablooo

Juniors
If Souths beat Parra this week, the Kikau news will drive their share price through the roof. This years finals will be won by the team who can score a lot of points, defence won't be the deciding factor anymore.

If Souths beat Parra this week, the Kikau news will drive their share price through the roof. This years finals will be won by the team who can score a lot of points, defence won't be the deciding factor anymore.

106 points in two games, they are on a screaming bender in attack atm. I think they are your biggest threat.

The_Frog

First Grade
106 points in two games, they are on a screaming bender in attack atm. I think they are your biggest threat.
You can ignore the Souths-Roosters game. To be charitable to them the Roosters didn't need to win, preferred not to, and were mostly concerned with staying healthy.

If we cannot do any better than Newcastle did to control their threats, we'll get beaten. The same goes for everyone they play. It's very foolish to think that the defence they faced in their last two games bears any resemblance whatsoever to what they'll face from now on. Capewell for Kikau will only improve our defence at the cost of attack.

You can ignore the Souths-Roosters game. To be charitable to them the Roosters didn't need to win, preferred not to, and were mostly concerned with staying healthy.

If we cannot do any better than Newcastle did to control their threats, we'll get beaten. The same goes for everyone they play. It's very foolish to think that the defence they faced in their last two games bears any resemblance whatsoever to what they'll face from now on. Capewell for Kikau will only improve our defence at the cost of attack.

Don’t get me wrong I’m all for smug, but if you attribute the current Souths hey day in attack to bad defence, I think that’s only half the story.

Cody Walker is stepping, double pumping, half pumping, throwing single and double cut outs, switching play, Allen is popping up everywhere, forwards are taking chances, Cook has found his mojo, Johnston is finishing, Reynolds never misses..

Murray is wiping people out and has an offload or two and that’s before you look at their class islanders and mobile grunt. They can kick and Graham is 7ft tall!

The most concerning thing for their opponents is that most of them have been playing up towards optimum.

Then once ahead, they are hell bent on putting the foot to the throat. That’s a side with desire.

Plus they have a registered super-coach!

Right now, if you let them in the door as you did the rorters, it’s a very dangerous proposition.

That’s just my take on it. They are the up and If you catch up with them in the gf ( I hope so), Bennett will know more about your game than Ivan.

I think you can beat them, but this is a steam train and it will be all hands on deck. No silly penalty’s, harsh discipline.

Both sides like to switch and dance, the players are given choices as well as structure. Instinct is making a come back....a good thing.

Last edited:

maple_69

Bench
Souths are playing off the back of their pack punching above their weight. They’ve been able to rack up scores subsequently against sides that couldn’t stay mentally engaged.

Winning any space against our pack or maintaining momentum after a try or two will be the real challenge for Souths if they make it to us.

I think the other big test will be Souths stringing 4 great performances together having towelled the Chooks, Knights and potentially Eels before us. They’ve traded belting wins with unconvincing wins or losses against poor teams for a while now.

Pablooo

Juniors
Souths are playing off the back of their pack punching above their weight. They’ve been able to rack up scores subsequently against sides that couldn’t stay mentally engaged.

Winning any space against our pack or maintaining momentum after a try or two will be the real challenge for Souths if they make it to us.

I think the other big test will be Souths stringing 4 great performances together having towelled the Chooks, Knights and potentially Eels before us. They’ve traded belting wins with unconvincing wins or losses against poor teams for a while now.

Souths were defeated by the Pennies by 8 points at Penrith and were leading before they had two players sin-binned in the last 20 minutes. I think they are the Pennies biggest threat and are growing In confidence every game. Kikau missing will only increase their stocks if they make it to the preliminary.

Fangs

Coach
While it is disappointing to lose him (Kikau) I think we are in a good place with Capewell.

Bigger question is who joins the bench. Leinu has been in great form but Billy Burns is a like for like replacement for Capewell.

betcats

Referee
Leniu on the bench for sure. Yeo or May can spot the backrowers if they need a rest. Kikau out sucks big time but Leniu gives us more punch through the middle which is where we should be taking on the bunnies(if they get through).

Fangs

Coach
Yeo is truly stopgap imo way too valuable in the middle. Also getting slower by the day. I'd trust May at this point however he as well isn't a backrower. A better team will exploit his defence. Leniu's biggest fan but again, not a backrower. It worked well enough against the Broncos (Playing 3 middles off the bench) but in a prelim its a different story. Burns will make the 21 I imagine but I would have other options first.

One thing for sure. Penrith need to buy a couple backrowers in 2021.

Latest posts