What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

aqua_duck

Coach
In regards to Croft, the pro is we'd probably get him at a good price if Brisbane pay a lot of the freight and he and Ponga would work well together as they played all they grew up together and played school rugby together, the concern is he's been a failure at 2 clubs now and I have genuine concerns about anyone that Bellamy gives up on. Who's the last player who got a decent crack at the storm failed and then had success elsewhere?

Frederick

Staff member
In regards to Croft, the pro is we'd probably get him at a good price if Brisbane pay a lot of the freight and he and Ponga would work well together as they played all they grew up together and played school rugby together, the concern is he's been a failure at 2 clubs now and I have genuine concerns about anyone that Bellamy gives up on. Who's the last player who got a decent crack at the storm failed and then had success elsewhere?
Tohu Harris.

Hasn't had success by way of premierships, but has been performing at a consistently high level for the Warriors

aqua_duck

Coach
Tohu Harris.

Hasn't had success by way of premierships, but has been performing at a consistently high level for the Warriors
Tohu wasn't cast aside though, he was a NZ international and premiership player who started week in week out, he got big money elsewhere, Croft could never really nail down a spot in the side and got released whilst still under contract

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Surely it can’t be Croft. If you can’t be successful in a team with Smith, Slater, Munster et.al. then sorry to say but you’re probably not getting better anywhere else.

There are a few young guys at the Broncos who I think would be a lot better elsewhere and are being dragged down by their terrible culture right now.

I wonder what will happen with Milford, he’s totally fallen off the radar and seems a shadow of what he used to be. I don’t think he’s the sort of player we need right now but would be interesting to see where he ends up.

Frederick

Staff member
No no no no no not Brodie Croft. God no.

Worst case scenario: Croft or Milfood.
Best case scenario: Dearden or Fogarty.

Bolded for my preference.
I must be the only one who doesn't see it with Dearden. Whenever I watched him play he seemed like he took an age to decide what he was going to do and once he had the defense was all over him, or he took the wrong option

Yosh

Coach
Weren't we looking into Fogarty before? He seems the best of the bunch. Seems like a professional bloke as well. Don't need anymore drama.

aqua_duck

Coach
Weren't we looking into Fogarty before? He seems the best of the bunch. Seems like a professional bloke as well. Don't need anymore drama.
He was offered a train and trial with us last off season. I wouldn't be adverse to Milford on a very cheap deal, I think he's abit too comfortable at the Broncos where he's around all his friends and family and the lunatics clearly run the asylum as evidenced by Boyd's gender reveal celebration. One thing Milford does have is a very underrated kicking game especially attacking kicks and his torpedo bomb is one of the better ones out there which would be a nice change from Pearce's nothing high kicks

Jono078

Referee
The more I think about it, Milford could be a great fit. Has all the experience and ability

As mentioned, his attacking kicking game is pretty good and love his bombs, his footwork and running game when fit is great, could be a great middle link/threat between Pearce and Ponga.

I'd be excited about him coming onboard..

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The more I think about it, Milford could be a great fit. Has all the experience and ability

As mentioned, his attacking kicking game is pretty good and love his bombs, his footwork and running game when fit is great, could be a great middle link/threat between Pearce and Ponga.

I'd be excited about him coming onboard..

If we already had an organising half then Milford would be a good pickup but between him and Pearce they couldn’t organise a chook raffle let alone an NRL team so I’m hoping it’s not Milford.

Old dog

Juniors
Doesn’t matter who it is as long as he replaces someone at a higher level than we currently have bit like our forwards.The coach was talking up Hoy at 5/8 if so give him a go or sign someone better
Looking for a middle forward ok sign one but he has to be better than King or SaulO

Latest posts