What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

True_Believer

Juniors
Roberts for JAC is exactly what Bellamy wants and is demanding in order to release JAC. But JAC wants the fullback position which Souths already have Mitchell and Allen to do that job. On the other hand, we don't have our fullback position settled and may be happy to give JAC the job in 2021.

Whatever drugs you are on, I want some.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
JAC to Souths can only work if the fullback demand is a cash grab.
He may get FB money but not the position at Souths.

Dragons are likely the only team that has the cap space and the FB position up for grabs.
I like the idea but not if we pay extra for a FB and end up with just a winger.
Meanwhile Saab seems to be not getting a mention anymore. Who is going to snap him up I wonder?

Mjab

Juniors
Saab might come ok with a new coach

obviously he and Mary didn’t see eye to eye

I have been underwhelmed by this years efforts from him

maybe not a true reflection of his potential but who knows

has a few in front of him possibly

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Meanwhile Saab seems to be not getting a mention anymore. Who is going to snap him up I wonder?

I didn't want SGI to swap Saab for Garrick but that may trade have been taken off the table by Manly. It's a worry if Des believes that the very ordinary Garrick (apart from his goalkicking ) is a better bet than Saab- and we are stuck with Saab for 2021.

possm

Coach
Gee if Bellamy wants Hunt I would swap Hughes for him any day of the week.He is one of the most improved players in the competition.
So am I right in saying that you prefer the Dragons take Hughes over JAC. I am of the understanding that it is JAC who wants to leave the Storm, not Hughes. I like Hughes as a player but believe JAC would be far more valuable to the Dragons than Hughes given we have a few good young halves coming through.

possm

Coach
I didn't want SGI to swap Saab for Garrick but that may trade have been taken off the table by Manly. It's a worry if Des believes that the very ordinary Garrick (apart from his goalkicking ) is a better bet than Saab- and we are stuck with Saab for 2021.
I thought it was Garrick who did not want to return to the Dragons rather than Hasler not wanting Saab. This trade made no sense to me mainly because the travel involved in Saab travelling to the Northside of Sydney would be similar to his current travel time when travelling to the Gong.

Saab's best option, if the travel excuse is true, would be the Eels, Dogs, Tigers or Panthers and in the same way he would want to be compensated for a contract termination, he should be prepared to compensate the Dragons if he wants termination.

Last edited:

FlameThrower

Bench
I thought it was Garrick who did not want to return to the Dragons rather than Hasler not wanting Saab. This trade made no sense to me mainly because the travel involved in Saab travelling to the Northside of Sydney would be similar to his current travel time when travelling to the Gong.

Saab's best option, if the travel excuse is true, would be the Eels, 'Dogs, 'Tigers or Panthers and in the same way he would want to be compensated for a contract termination, he should be prepared to compensate the Dragons.
Seriously.....Saab, can grow up and move down to the gong and get some independence. If the “travel” was his excuse, then he is not cut out to be a professional sportsman.

possm

Coach
Seriously.....Saab, can grow up and move down to the gong and get some independence. If the “travel” was his excuse, then he is not cut out to be a professional sportsman.
In my opinion Saab received bad advice from his family and his manager. He then complained to Mary about not being selected fro first grade and most probably stated that if is ont to be selected, he wants a release.

Now that Mary and Young have moved on, the new coaching staff would most probably have a chat with Saab before taking this any further.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Latest whispers are that McGuire will end up at Broncos and Joe O is now more content with Walters as coach....options for Dragons are diminishing

denis preston

First Grade
We can but only sit on the sideline and stare in amazement at how some of these clubs can just throw money at just about whoever they want. Year after year the same clubs seem to do it. If something was actually being done about it than some clubs would be found out horribly, and we would have a very different competition. It's the elephant in the room that no one but the powerless fans of opposition clubs can call foul play on.

I realise in instances like the Morris boys and Johnston players stay for loyalty/success but in the majority there's clearly some dodgy business going on and it really compounds the poor management that goes on in clubs like ours.

Mate unless the NRL has ATO tax return figures on players & their immediate family ( even after retirement ) it is always doomed to fail. The NRL needs to have a grading of players based on number of NRL games & state and Australia games or even simpler they grade 1-5 per player with discounts for long term players & local juniors ( as where is the product going to be promoted and grown ) .
It must be noted that the past 4 major salary cap rorts were picked up through whistle blowers not the NRL.

possm

Coach
Latest whispers are that McGuire will end up at Broncos and Joe O is now more content with Walters as coach....options for Dragons are diminishing
The Dragons ability to sign some decent recruits will diminish increasingly the longer we wait. Now that we have a good coaching staff, I really don't want to have to put up with the forward pack we currently have. Vaughan, McInnes, T Sims and maybe De Belin if he is available, are the only forwards fit for our NRL side.

I see Kerr and Ford as backup players who play Canterbury cup most weeks.

st.phil

Bench
Kevvie gave Joe O his SOO start... can't see him breaking his contract now

scraps for saints as per I'd guess

Latest posts