What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redVinme

Juniors
Deadset makes me want to stop following NRL.

Me too. Glad I'm not the only one that gets so disheartened when I see this kinda stuff. We are so far away.

Even if we sign say Josh mcguire and Joe o they aren't any where near top 5 in their position so therefore will provide incremental improvement.

Club is so hamstrung by hunt and Norman it's not funny.

I'd pay overs for Christian Welch to start the ball rolling but problem is half our team is on overs

Blood&Bandage

Juniors
I just think Vaughan is one of those players that can’t handle the bubble. Some players like Lomax handled it well but others like Ponga and Vaughan struggle big time. Hopefully next season is less strict and a change of coach can turn things around. It’s like when I did FIFO work, some people like myself handle it well where some of the toughest men I know it completely broke. Some people just really need that balance to thrive. Hopefully he can have a big one in 2021.
Did his form drop off coincide with the birth of his child? Maybe his priorities have changed... he’s a family man now.

Dragon David

First Grade
Deadset makes me want to stop following NRL.
Same here. It's become a real joke where we see the rich and famous always wanting to get their way.

They have come a cropper with Sonny Bill as his form isn't like it was.

Is there a salary crap?

Penrith have now reached the stage of reaping the fruits that they have sewed with their junior development, whilst the Roosters just pay lots to get what they want.

We will be doing the same with our juniors coming through and hopefully in a few years time we will be the next Penrith.

Gareth67

First Grade
6668C630-3A5B-4A87-BB9E-6500BDA2D11D.jpeg

[QUOE="brissiedragon, post: 14386588, member: 28945"]Ben Dobbin (Channel Nine Brisbane) who is usually on the money with rumours, last night reported that his inside mail was Josh Maguire to the Broncos in 2021.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

qld redvee

Juniors
View attachment 42712

[QUOE="brissiedragon, post: 14386588, member: 28945"]Ben Dobbin (Channel Nine Brisbane) who is usually on the money with rumours, last night reported that his inside mail was Josh Maguire to the Broncos in 2021.
[/QUOTE]
Gareth,
easier option for maguire to move back to brisbane BUT if he is on big dollars then broncos will have to match it so they will have to offload players so we still have a chance for Joe O .. I dont think it would be wise paying the dollars maguire is on Id rather try to snaffle somebody younger ( wouldnt welch have been a nice pick up) Hopefully our new brains trust are working hard to sign a player or 3 but if we have to lets look at superleague for a player

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth,
easier option for maguire to move back to brisbane BUT if he is on big dollars then broncos will have to match it so they will have to offload players so we still have a chance for Joe O .. I dont think it would be wise paying the dollars maguire is on Id rather try to snaffle somebody younger ( wouldnt welch have been a nice pick up) Hopefully our new brains trust are working hard to sign a player or 3 but if we have to lets look at superleague for a player[/QUOTE]

Yes qld redvee, you are on the right track . I would much prefer Welch over McGuire myself . According to yesterday’s Storm team for 2021 he still has not signed , so there is still hope that he may come our way . But as you have said Griffin and his team will need to do some earnest work to get the job done .

blacksafake

First Grade
Gareth,
easier option for maguire to move back to brisbane BUT if he is on big dollars then broncos will have to match it so they will have to offload players so we still have a chance for Joe O .. I dont think it would be wise paying the dollars maguire is on Id rather try to snaffle somebody younger ( wouldnt welch have been a nice pick up) Hopefully our new brains trust are working hard to sign a player or 3 but if we have to lets look at superleague for a player[/QUOTE]
Brent Read on Twitter suggesting Joe O & Bird to Dragons

Latest posts