What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who wins the Premiership?

Who wins the Premiership?

• Penrith

Votes: 66 40.2%
  • Storm

Votes: 44 26.8%
  • Eels

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Roosters

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Raiders

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • Knights

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Rabbits

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Manly

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Sharks

Votes: 6 3.7%

• Total voters

Generalzod

Immortal
Are there any Victorians playing in the Melbourne Storm If not why not they’ve been around for over 20 years and given leg ups no other club where given..that’s why I say I wish either Penrith, Easts, Canberra, Souths or the Eels win it. No one cares about Rugby league in Victoria...

greenBV4

Bench
Are there any Victorians playing in the Melbourne Storm If not why not they’ve been around for over 20 years and given leg ups no other club where given..that’s why I say I wish either Penrith, Easts, Canberra, Souths or the Eels win it. No one cares about Rugby league in Victoria...
An actual answer:

From my findings a couple months ago (and depending on your definition of "victorian", using a fairly loose one here as details on the private life of fringe players are next to non existent) 20 Victorians have played in the NRL, 16 having a Storm contract at some point.

As far as I am aware there are none currently, as Young Tonu just this week left the Titans for the Melbourne Rebels

If you want the names and their NRL Vic clubs find my posts about it in other threads

But either way the NRL isn't a representative comp so it doesnt matter, the Storm aren't an origin side, and it's up to the NRL, not the club, to be better investing in juniors and engagement in the state

GongPanther

Referee
I get the feeling he's been caught up in the latest smug, given he also ruled Roosters out. Doesn't seem a huge fan of the Eel's hopes either. So that's Panthers, Raiders, Souths left.
Yep, Gus and his mind games at this time of the season.

GongPanther

Referee
An actual answer:

From my findings a couple months ago (and depending on your definition of "victorian", using a fairly loose one here as details on the private life of fringe players are next to non existent) 20 Victorians have played in the NRL, 16 having a Storm contract at some point.

As far as I am aware there are none currently, as Young Tonu just this week left the Titans for the Melbourne Rebels

If you want the names and their NRL Vic clubs find my posts about it in other threads

But either way the NRL isn't a representative comp so it doesnt matter, the Storm aren't an origin side, and it's up to the NRL, not the club, to be better investing in juniors and engagement in the state
Ex-Panther Peter Wallace was born in Victoria. Played most of his junior footy for St Marys.

Valheru

Coach
I get the feeling he's been caught up in the latest smug, given he also ruled Roosters out. Doesn't seem a huge fan of the Eel's hopes either. So that's Panthers, Raiders, Souths left.

Yeah so he has ruled out a team playing a home prelim at a location they haven't lost at for 18 games or whatever it is and another team who have wont he last 2 comps.

Seems more like wishful thinking than critical analysis.

moffla

Bench
Yeah so he has ruled out a team playing a home prelim at a location they haven't lost at for 18 games or whatever it is and another team who have wont he last 2 comps.

Seems more like wishful thinking than critical analysis.
He has an obsession about a "second gear". Each year he seems to predict one of the title favourites can't with the comp because they don't have another level to go to...did the same in 2017 with the storm and IIRC the same with Roosters in 2018.

greenBV4

Bench
He has an obsession about a "second gear". Each year he seems to predict one of the title favourites can't with the comp because they don't have another level to go to...did the same in 2017 with the storm and IIRC the same with Roosters in 2018.
IF anything
Its probably the panthers that don't have this mythical "second gear" they have been flat out the last 15+ games and are probably due for a loss, add to that the lacking finals experience

not saying they can't win it, they have been a great side this year, just that I don't know who gould and co think does have another gear this season

Perth Red

Post Whore

Nice trolling

Kamara

Juniors

blah blah blah blah blah who gives a f**k

Who do you think will win the premiership?

Perth Red

Post Whore
How many Victorians have they’ve Really converted over to Rugby League..

Well more go to AAMI than Shark Park in half the time of each clubs existence. Imagine where they could be after 50 years like the Sharks have had!

How's the Sharks finals run going? Storm's is on track so far.

Generalzod

Immortal
Well more go to AAMI than Shark Park in half the time of each clubs existence. Imagine where they could be after 50 years like the Sharks have had!

How's the Sharks finals run going? Storm's is on track so far.
For the team we had and all the injuries they didn’t do that badly, well in Storms 21 years they have bought every sticking vile act Into Rugby league...

Latest posts