What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Finals 2020

Not so fast with the Panthers praise, guys.

It ended up a cliffhanger.

29-28, Penrith.
Was praising the Footy Smarts of the Panthers team, putting the field goal over. Next second Naden forgets the ball has to travel 10m on the short kickoff, but thinks he has a runaway.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
100% that was the turning point, was going to happen anyway but didn’t need to be referee induced

How does he even get a finals game ? Has been in the thick of controversy all year lol

Quick taps haven’t been let go all season, and the Sharks weren’t ready to defend because their captain was walking over to the ref challenging a call. He doubled down by hammering them with set restarts too.

Gives us a better match to watch next week though

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
How does he even get a finals game ? Has been in the thick of controversy all year lol

Quick taps haven’t been let go all season, and the Sharks weren’t ready to defend because their captain was walking over to the ref challenging a call. He doubled down by hammering them with set restarts too.

Gives us a better match to watch next week though
Pretty f**ked off if I’m Graham

Blair

Coach
Gee, the Storm have got some rotters on deck, ay?

Smith, Munster, are two obvious candidates, but I'm not keen on the likes of Nelson, Bromwich and the Fox when they're in Melbourne colours either.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Gee, the Storm have got some rotters on deck, ay?

Smith, Munster, are two obvious candidates, but I'm not keen on the likes of Nelson, Bromwich and the Fox when they're in Melbourne colours either.

Starts with Bellyache and Smith I reckon. They set the tone for the way the team play.

Rich102

Staff member
I have enjoyed the football over the weekend.
These are clearly the best teams this year.
Games have been generally close, the winners have been able to keep up the intensity longer.

Reactions: JJ

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I am loving the way the bunnies are playing at the moment. Is there a better instinctive player in the comp then Cody Walker? Great to watch when they are firing.

LeagueNut

First Grade
George Jennings has been named as a starter for the Eels this weekend. Great to see the value of the loan system in action. Suppose I'll be cheering for the Eels then.

JJ

Immortal
I am loving the way the bunnies are playing at the moment. Is there a better instinctive player in the comp then Cody Walker? Great to watch when they are firing.

Similarities with Penrith? Nice blend of structure and 'eye's up', a dominant 7 who's in great form, and a 6 who's electric...

JJ

Immortal
Yeah, SBW was great... all the evidence suggests he's past his use-by date, Butcher should play... guess they're hoping in the 10 mins he plays there will be a game changing moment?

The other one I don't get is Rapana in the centres - Chooks will be looking to exploit that, I reckon

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Raiders lost their depth in Scott, Oldfield and another who slips my mind and guess they view Cotric as a fail there. The Roosters will exploit him like they did Naden last week

There was a yarn on 360 that Robinson has approached Politis about not picking SBW and the response was do what you need to do so won’t be surprised if Butcher comes in after a late SBW ‘injury’

Blair

Coach
It's a bit of a trip when you think a player, who played quite a memorable walk-on part in our last home final in 2008, is still playing finals footy, tonight!

Iosia Soliola.

2008, and a playing Ruben Wiki, was a lifetime ago.

Blair

Coach
And Tapine

still Roosters in it and looking threatening

Croker might regret that miss

It's hard to watch now, as a Raiders fan. We're just holding on, but need to score again, you'd think.