What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

I remember Helen Reddy hosting an American music show that Channel 7 used to show, The Midnight Special, which had interesting bands performing that you wouldn't see elsewhere like the J Geils Band and Uriah Heep. AC-DC also appeared on the show on one of their early visits. Helen would put on a thick American accent when making her announcements.

also gone,
Mac Davis Dies At Age 78
Singer songwriter Mac Davis has died at age 78 after suffering a heart attack in Nashville yesterday.

Davis had his own hits with ‘Baby Don’t Get Hooked on Me’ and ‘Its Hard To Be Humble’.

He also wrote the Elvis Presley hits ‘In The Ghetto’, ‘Don’t Cry Daddy’ and ‘A Little Less Conversation’.
Nick Cave also did a neat cover of In the Ghetto back in the 80s.

Wozza

Juniors
I remember Helen Reddy hosting an American music show that Channel 7 used to show, The Midnight Special, which had interesting bands performing that you wouldn't see elsewhere like the J Geils Band and Uriah Heep. AC-DC also appeared on the show on one of their early visits. Helen would put on a thick American accent when making her announcements.
I actually met her once overseas and chatted to her for 10 mins or so, she was nice

And Johnny Nash, born John Lester Nash Jr. in Houston Texas, (August 19, 1940 - October 6,2020) was an American reggae and pop music singer-songwriter, best known for his hits, "Hold Me Tight", "You've got soul" and "I Can See Clearly Now". He was one of the first non-Jamaican singers to record reggae music in Kingston, Jamaica.

Paul Murphy, rock star TV journo and current affairs presenter, just died aged 77.
He was originally on the ABC's This Day Tonight, then hosted the radio show PM on Radio National and Dateline on SBS TV.

More significantly he read the South Coast News on Roy and HGs This Sporting Life for many years, about the exploits of retired entertainment and sports celebrities living in Ulladulla. I saw him reading the South Coast News at a This Sporting Life live to air show at Sydney Uni back in 89.

Quigs

Immortal
Loved the old SDG.

Keep on running, keep on hiding.

Spencer Davis Group featuring a young Stevie Windwood I believe. (testing me old memory here) (checked and confirmed.)

Latest posts