What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

thebigredv

First Grade
It's not much of a strategy but our only serious hope is to leave some space in the squad for mid year signings next year. Disgruntled players will inevitably become available. Haven't seen a list of available forwards but Joe O seems like the only half decent one. Maguire at the right price is nothing to sneeze at either.

st.phil

Bench
So, would Kevvie take Hunt and Norman off our hands, he selected them in the 2019 Qld SOO side as well?
possible but OFA is on contract so it's a simple transaction compared to arranging the release of a contracted player from another club.

IMO they can take Norman but would like to see Hunt stay and work under Griffin - his experience would be required when Norman rolls off

boardlumps62

Juniors
If we can't find any worthy players in the market place go find a pommy. Otherwise we have to make them like we used to eg Rules. I think we just have to resign ourselves to an ordinary team in 2021 much the same a this year unless we get for good replacements for Frizell and Graham. AG has two year contract without some new blood he won't get extension so that won't help us one bit. That's where we have fallen down in recent years development. Having said that how do the Chooks or Penrith do it. Chooks have Money, Nick and Big Brown Bags. Penrith are more like us in development of their own but better at it than us.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Just wonder whom might get pruned from clubs as they exit the semis. Just feel these rules changes are having a significant impact on some of the more traditional style forwards. Never surprised if clubs release some players because of these rule changes irrespective if they are under contract or not.

possm

Coach
possible but OFA is on contract so it's a simple transaction compared to arranging the release of a contracted player from another club.

IMO they can take Norman but would like to see Hunt stay and work under Griffin - his experience would be required when Norman rolls off
We could have Clune or Sullivan or even Dufty and have approximately 1m up our sleeve to buy a fullback or a couple of good forwards.

My Matty Lodge song.

I like Matt Lodge and I cannot lie
Bronco captain to aspire
When he runs straight and hard I say
I get sprung like animal because I know his hits are tough.

My anaconda don’t want none unless you sign Lodge son.

Some teams they want to discard him,
Because he’s taken the drugs went prowling
Frightened kids and been wretched
But now he’s all loving and a-mended.

Hey there Hookster old mate
Build a team that’s high on nitrate
Need forwards who can inspire
Not a Moylan who expired

The Badger

Juniors
Mmm I can see Tolman and Woods being our signings.....Maybe Packer too!!
Tolman,Woods,Packer would all be downgrades on Graham,Frizelle,Host.All we need are 2 or 3 hardheads who tackle their hearts out.The backline will develop into a lethal attack as long as they arent running backwards all day trying to cover for a soft middle.

BLM01

First Grade
Just wonder whom might get pruned from clubs as they exit the semis. Just feel these rules changes are having a significant impact on some of the more traditional style forwards. Never surprised if clubs release some players because of these rule changes irrespective if they are under contract or not.
It is not the recent rule changes..its the all of a sudden (ths year) relaxing of the existing rules re policing the play the ball properly (facing square and with your foot), and players walking off the mark and to the side of markers, placing the ball on the ground before you get up etc etc., teams not back on side..especially near the try line...the list goes on and on.
The refs and the game are standing there letting it all happen..to not stand in the way of TV entertainment
People are whingeing in part to why the game is getting too fast for defences to retreat and come up.and score blowouts in posession etc..........that is why

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
It is not the recent rule changes..its the all of a sudden (ths year) relaxing of the existing rules re policing the play the ball properly (facing square and with your foot), and players walking off the mark and to the side of markers, placing the ball on the ground before you get up etc etc., teams not back on side..especially near the try line...the list goes on and on.
The refs and the game are standing there letting it all happen..to not stand in the way of TV entertainment
People are whingeing in part to why the game is getting too fast for defences to retreat and come up.and score blowous in posession etc..........that is why
These refs are out of control. Each game varies from the next and there’s hardly any consistency. What works with some won’t work with others but let’s be honest, some teams always seem to get the favourable calls and some teams can’t take a trick

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I have no issue with the rules expect the 6 again restart or why is it a restart

Was watching with a mate and he said why was that a restart I couldn’t give him the answer. The only thing I can think of is there must be a game quota. At times I can’t see any reason for the 6 again call.
And whilst I’m at it tell me Klink Klein and Shultz Perenara being the worst offenders of the restart are not reffing this week. Both morons who should never be allowed to ref any game

redv13

Bench
I have no issue with the rules expect the 6 again restart or why is it a restart

Was watching with a mate and he said why was that a restart I couldn’t give him the answer. The only thing I can think of is there must be a game quota. At times I can’t see any reason for the 6 again call.
And whilst I’m at it tell me Klink Klein and Shultz Perenara being the worst offenders of the restart are not reffing this week. Both morons who should never be allowed to ref any game
I reckon Grant Atkins has both those bozzos covered with the 6 again calls. He throws them out there like confetti

Dragon David

First Grade
These refs are out of control. Each game varies from the next and there’s hardly any consistency. What works with some won’t work with others but let’s be honest, some teams always seem to get the favourable calls and some teams can’t take a trick
Like us - can't take a trick.