What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suaalii

possm

Coach
Suaali, Muesli, Salami who cares about this bloke. He is demanding stuff and his manager no doubt will try his best to get as much for him as he can and I can see it now that he will be a spoilt brat and will cry out if things don't go his way. He is a Kings scholar and no doubt his parents will also expect him to have the best.

No, we stick to the ones that WE have been nurturing and play them rather than go for someone who will want the world.
Souths and Bennett wanted him very much but because of his antics, decided to drop the whole idea. Now the Roosters are having a think about gaining his signature; they must also rate him highly.

My take is that he must be very talented and if so, it is just a matter of doing a win, win deal. No doubt uncle Nick will dangle a third party package that makes the financial side very attractive.

There is no longer a reason why Dragons players can't attract third party sponsorship to match whatever uncle Nick can arrange. If we are smart we could very well win this young star's signature by doing the following:

1. Match the Rooster's salary and sponsorshop offer.
  2. Arrange for this player to be one of the 'faces of the NRL' (NRL promotions).
  3. Agree to include his requested get out clauses in the contract with a financial penalty to be paid to the Dragons on termination.
  4. Request to include our own get out clauses in the contract with a financial penalty to be paid to the player on termination.
So, we are matching the financial side of things and we are granting his get out clauses and balancing these with our own get out clauses. WIN/WIN deal that is hard to resist.

Can Millward do this? On reflection I think Griffin should do it himself.

possm

Coach
Yeah let's blow more than half our available cap space on an untried rookie, and you think Millward has issues possm...
I'm sure you aren't serious; 'half our available cap space'?

My guess is that we are looking at a large sum of salary, say 750k. And a portion of this could be a third party payment, say 300k. So he will take up a similar amount of cap space that Lafai used to do and less cap space than Dugan used to do.

denis preston

First Grade
So if this kid goes to the Rorters, will Valandys rip up the salary cap and start again.? Really , his club is making fools of the NRL. Sacrificial offloads to disguise big name signings that only fool the decision makers at HO. I envy the Rorters management ( compared to ours ! ) but despise them for not getting caught cheating. How much does Politis throw into his baby each year ( i know he can afford it ) 5 or 6 mill ?
Pity the Gordons couldn't give us even half of that.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I hope souffs keep him.

Word is that if he goes, it will be to the Roosters.

Souffs see Dan Silverman as their next target and we haven’t wrapped him up long term yet so would be a massive loss for us.

Dragon David

First Grade
Souths and Bennett wanted him very much but because of his antics, decided to drop the whole idea. Now the Roosters are having a think about gaining his signature; they must also rate him highly.

My take is that he must be very talented and if so, it is just a matter of doing a win, win deal. No doubt uncle Nick will dangle a third party package that makes the financial side very attractive.

There is no longer a reason why Dragons players can't attract third party sponsorship to match whatever uncle Nick can arrange. If we are smart we could very well win this young star's signature by doing the following:

1. Match the Rooster's salary and sponsorshop offer.
  2. Arrange for this player to be one of the 'faces of the NRL' (NRL promotions).
  3. Agree to include his requested get out clauses in the contract with a financial penalty to be paid to the Dragons on termination.
  4. Request to include our own get out clauses in the contract with a financial penalty to be paid to the player on termination.
So, we are matching the financial side of things and we are granting his get out clauses and balancing these with our own get out clauses. WIN/WIN deal that is hard to resist.

Can Millward do this? On reflection I think Griffin should do it himself.
You know, just around the corner we have several young potentially just as good players as this Suaali kid. Leave it up to Griffin to sort out our backline roster. We only need a couple of quality forwards to add to our squad who actually want to join us to move us up the ladder next year.

I honestly do not think that the Dragons give a damn about this Sualli kid.

possm

Coach
For no more than 300k a year ! . Cant tackle, gets injured and demotivated too easily and will only be a roadblock to our young players coming through. We need FORWARDS not backs.
We need a fullback that can play like the top fullbacks in the NRL. I don't think it is Roberts and I don't know if this young kid can do the job either but apparently Bennett and uncle Nick see value in him.

To tell you the truth, I'd be happy for Ramsey to be moved to fullback, Dufty to five-eithth and Schiller to the right wing. The Feagai brothers to be at left wing and left centre. If Dufty is not suited to the five-eighth position, let him go and sign this young kid to partner Sullivan in the halves.

I'm sure Griffin and his staff could prepare these youngsters for the 2021 season and that they will progressively get better each game.

ALSGI

Bench
Suaali, Muesli, Salami who cares about this bloke. He is demanding stuff and his manager no doubt will try his best to get as much for him as he can and I can see it now that he will be a spoilt brat and will cry out if things don't go his way. He is a Kings scholar and no doubt his parents will also expect him to have the best.

No, we stick to the ones that WE have been nurturing and play them rather than go for someone who will want the world.
This Salami bloke sounds good. Don’t think he’d be a good mix with Muesli especially after the dogs breakfast we’ve had for 9 years.

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
I hope souffs keep him.

Word is that if he goes, it will be to the Roosters.

Souffs see Dan Silverman as their next target and we haven’t wrapped him up long term yet so would be a massive loss for us.

For those of us plebs who don’t know, who’s this Silverman you speak of? Can’t find much on him

The calm one

Juniors
Contract negotiations between Suaalii and South Sydney have broken down and now the Rorters are wanting to add him to their squad even thought they have Tedesco in their squad who is the best fullback in the competition.

Given that the NRL are even considering a rule change to allow him to play NRL prior to him turning 18, and given that fullback is the backline position we really need to fill, should we make a play for Suaalii?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/dd5026cd6eb51f34be3ab2239bec6fa7
No

BLM01

First Grade
Come on now, what else 'Dragons' can we talk about. 'We're not in the finals and we have let go a bunch of players and recruited none. If we intend on waiting till Nov 1 to sign players (when Griffin officially begins his term), then there will be no decent players left.

Like many young players he can play in the halves or at fullback. He wants to play fullback and we need a fullback. But if it is five-eighth then I'm sure he will do a much better job than Norman.
So how would this 17 year old kid Who has never played NRL be our fullback
Has he played rugby league?
what are you gonna tell all our other potential and current fullback at our club
Have you given up on Schiller now!
Fed dinkum
POSSM MESS

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
Just stuff on this Suuali kid, and Bud got a mention. Nothing about this “Dan Silverman”.. unless I’m missing something?

Latest posts