What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
D2175637-ED29-442B-B085-99B80996A10D.jpeg
It would certainly be a step in the right direction should the Dragons brains trust manage to land Joe Ofanghaue - Bird I am not too sure about with his dicky knee and chronic arthritis blackasfake .

But if big Joe is half as tough as this chap then the Dragons will certainly be on a winner !

Last edited:

FlameThrower

Bench
That guy and his management are already trouble. Whoever he signs with will just be waiting for him to activate get out clauses or up his salary. Let him go to yawnion
Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the Roosters also sign some young guy on big money late last year and I don’t think I’ve seen or heard of him since... when is the NRL going to look at the cap management at Roosters. This is just making a mockery of the so called NRL auditors - absolute joke.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
It’s Friyay!

Aren’t we supposed to get another signing/sacking/not required/free to explore options type announcement on Fridays?

Bring it on, all rumours welcomed.

Welcome back...

r0_0_5184_3099_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Maddragon99

Juniors
It’s Friyay!

Aren’t we supposed to get another signing/sacking/not required/free to explore options type announcement on Fridays?

Bring it on, all rumours welcomed.

I’ve been given some reliable tips by someone I know at the club. The Joe Ofahengaue deal is getting pretty close to being done $600k for 3yrs. Sticking points Joe’s wants 4yrs & he’s not stoked about leaving Brisbane he’d prefer to stay even for less money. If he is squeezed out of Brisbane it’s almost certain he’ll sign with us.

josh McGuire is not on the radar that’s just media speculation. He’s just won players player up there he’s not going anywhere

if Joe Ofahengaue does sign with us that will be the last announcement until after the de Belin trail is over. The club must know much more than I do because they are pretty confident he’ll be back in 2021.

fall back is John Asiata, the issue with John he’s primarily a bench player but we need long minutes starters.

this looks pretty good to me.

Kerr McInnes Vaughan
T Sims Ofahengaue
de Belin

good luck to anyone taking us on up the middle in 2021. de Belin will cut you in half.

I’ve been given some reliable tips by someone I know at the club. The Joe Ofahengaue deal is getting pretty close to being done $600k for 3yrs. Sticking points Joe’s wants 4yrs & he’s not stoked about leaving Brisbane he’d prefer to stay even for less money. If he is squeezed out of Brisbane it’s almost certain he’ll sign with us.

josh McGuire is not on the radar that’s just media speculation. He’s just won players player up there he’s not going anywhere

if Joe Ofahengaue does sign with us that will be the last announcement until after the de Belin trail is over. The club must know much more than I do because they are pretty confident he’ll be back in 2021.

fall back is John Asiata, the issue with John he’s primarily a bench player but we need long minutes starters.

this looks pretty good to me.

Kerr McInnes Vaughan
T Sims Ofahengaue
de Belin

good luck to anyone taking us on up the middle in 2021. de Belin will cut you in half.

Thanks for the info.
The $600k is that $200k a year or $600k per year.
If the later I’m surprised he hasn’t relocated already as that is massive overs.
If $200k a year I can’t blame him for not wanting to leave QLD as that is low balling.
Also wouldn’t think Asiata would wait for JDB trial outcome as I thought three clubs were keen on him.
Anyone else in the mix.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Thanks for the info.
The $600k is that $200k a year or $600k per year.
If the later I’m surprised he hasn’t relocated already as that is massive overs.
If $200k a year I can’t blame him for not wanting to leave QLD as that is low balling.
Also wouldn’t think Asiata would wait for JDB trial outcome as I thought three clubs were keen on him.
Anyone else in the mix.

Apologies it’s $600k per season. Not sure it’s overs to attract a quality 25yr old player from Brisbane down to Wollongong particularly for someone who wants to stay in Brisbane. I guess that’s why Joe would prefer the security of a 4yr $2.4M deal.

Matt Lodge is definitely on the outer up there Kevvie doesn’t like him & his baggage. I agree Lodge is a fu@kwit I’d be disgusted to see him in a Dragons jersey. Kevvie wants to lift the standards up there. Tavita Pangai Jnr is another one but I believe he’ll be given the benefit of the doubt & stay.

Russell Packer is a maybe he’s contracted until 2021 but he’s definitely on the outer at West’s. He went ok for us few years back.

Matt Eisenhuth is off contract but I don’t think he’s any better than what we already have.

at the moment we’re all in on Joe Ofengahaue. He’d be a great pickup, young in his prime, would be a great addition to our pack.

BBTB

Juniors
Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the Roosters also sign some young guy on big money late last year and I don’t think I’ve seen or heard of him since... when is the NRL going to look at the cap management at Roosters. This is just making a mockery of the so called NRL auditors - absolute joke.
The rooters are a joke. Cheats through & through, unfortunately, the NRL have their hands tied. They need a whistle blower, from
Within.... That allows then to look at the books.... Whilst we have 3rd party deals,
the opportunity to cheat, will always be prevalent.....

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Apologies it’s $600k per season. Not sure it’s overs to attract a quality 25yr old player from Brisbane down to Wollongong particularly for someone who wants to stay in Brisbane. I guess that’s why Joe would prefer the security of a 4yr $2.4M deal.

Matt Lodge is definitely on the outer up there Kevvie doesn’t like him & his baggage. I agree Lodge is a fu@kwit I’d be disgusted to see him in a Dragons jersey. Kevvie wants to lift the standards up there. Tavita Pangai Jnr is another one but I believe he’ll be given the benefit of the doubt & stay.

Russell Packer is a maybe he’s contracted until 2021 but he’s definitely on the outer at West’s. He went ok for us few years back.

Matt Eisenhuth is off contract but I don’t think he’s any better than what we already have.

at the moment we’re all in on Joe Ofengahaue. He’d be a great pickup, young in his prime, would be a great addition to our pack.

I'm not so sure- we all know that family is key to many of these young Polynesian players performing well and if he's unhappy relocating from Brisbane to Wollongong, we may have an expensive problem.
Also, I watched him closely in the last two rounds and his efforts in attack and defence were limp and unimpressive.
Hopefully Hook has some kind of relationship with him going back to Joe's junior
days when Hook was really successful up there and can bring him back to his best.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I'm not so sure- we all know that family is key to many of these young Polynesian players performing well and if he's unhappy relocating from Brisbane to Wollongong, we may have an expensive problem.
Also, I watched him closely in the last two rounds and his efforts in attack and defence were limp and unimpressive.
Hopefully Hook has some kind of relationship with him going back to Joe's junior
days when Hook was really successful up there and can bring him back to his best.

Its hard to get a read on any player from Brisbane after the shocking season they had. He’s previously played origin & he’s only 25. If there’s a chance to bring him down then I think we should go for it. Don’t forget Peter Gentle was the interim at Brisbane so he’d be the best person to know who’s worth going after.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Its hard to get a read on any player from Brisbane after the shocking season they had. He’s previously played origin & he’s only 25. If there’s a chance to bring him down then I think we should go for it. Don’t forget Peter Gentle was the interim at Brisbane so he’d be the best person to know who’s worth going after.
Good point about Peter Gentle.

Latest posts