What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premiers 2020

Premiers 2020

• Penrith

Votes: 32 50.0%
  • Storm

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Roosters

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Eels

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Raiders

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Rabbits

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Knights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sharks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thebigredv

First Grade
Interesting finals round. Each team that scored first try/two tries lost the game. Unlikely to see that again.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Well they were saying on NRL 360 that all fans would have loved the league on the weekend. Mmmmm, not so sure; I enjoyed Friday nights game because of the closeness, but personally not crazy on the big score lines and the easy tries that have crept into the game.
Thought Canberra were scratchy, Rabbits first half was crap. Melbourne were pretty strong but that game also leaked plenty of points. Well not my ‘cup of tea’, but could be here to stay I think.

jeffdragon

Bench
How quick do they want the game to be.
If it's too quick it will get ridiculous.
Some of the low scoring games can be just as good like when Penrith and the knights played a draw early in the season.

BLM01

First Grade
I just want to know which coach this weekend is gonna surpass the great McMuffin’s record and lose to be only 84 minutes from a grand final ... And use that in their press conference

getsmarty

Immortal
Poll Suggests storm/Penrith/roosters....I reckon souths will beat the Eels...who do they play next. Roosters should beat Canberra...( Really hope that Canberra can pull off an upset )...Who meets the Storm and Penrith in a fornight ? Anyone have the full draw ?

ALSGI

Bench
I hoping and think Canberra will upset the Roosters, revenge from 19 GF. Roosters have let in 89 points in 2 games and going off History, no teams won the GF when 50 or more has been put on them. Canberra then beat Storm to make GF.

Also think the Eels could pull off an upset to beat Wabbits then Penrith. Shit time to be getting closer to a loss for Penwiff. They’re going for 17 in a row, surely not. Last beaten by Eels in June. Although they did beat the Eels in Sep.

Eels v Raiders GF.

Raiders Premiers.

Gareth67

First Grade
I still believe that the diabolical Storm will be there whatever any team throws at them both through pure ability and most unfortunately their questionable tactics .

What occurred against Parramatta when the Storm players pointed out to the referee their injured comrade who was suffering (?) leg cramps was certainly a well rehearsed delaying tactic - even blind Freddy knows that .

But back to the premiers , I cannot see the Panthers beating either the Rabbits or Raiders , although they have beaten all comers the preliminary final will be their undoing .

So that will leave South Sydney or Canberra , one of which will be in the Grand Final against the Storm .

possm

Coach
I still believe that the diabolical Storm will be there whatever any team throws at them both through pure ability and most unfortunately their questionable tactics .

What occurred against Parramatta when the Storm players pointed out to the referee their injured comrade who was suffering (?) leg cramps was certainly a well rehearsed delaying tactic - even blind Freddy knows that .

But back to the premiers , I cannot see the Panthers beating either the Rabbits or Raiders , although they have beaten all comers the preliminary final will be their undoing .

So that will leave South Sydney or Canberra , one of which will be in the Grand Final against the Storm .
I still think the two best teams are Penrith and Souths and so, it is a shame that only one of these two teams can make it to the GF as they are both on the same side of the contest moving foward.

So for me it will be the winner of the final between Penrith and Souths that will win this years competition. I am still thinking that Penrith will win but it would not surprise me if Souths knock Penrith out of the contest.

FlameThrower

Bench
Panthers deserve to win, they’ve been rebuilding for years, relied mostly from a team made up of local juniors. You can see they all have a great bond and so much confidence as a team. Not like our mob, who sometimes looked like strangers meeting up in a suburban park to play a touch footy on a Sunday arvo...

SAP58

Juniors
My vote is still with the Panthers and I am looking forward to watching the Raiders end the Rorters run tonight and get revenge for last years debacle.

Drakon

Juniors
Roosters win tonight although a Canberra win wouldn't surprise me.
Souths beat Parramatta tomorrow

Melbourne to beat Penrith in the GF. Smith retires a winner.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I think Souths will account for Eels easily and also beat Penrith in the GF qualifier

They will win the comp too
God I hope not.

But if they do, I hope the NRL integrity commission confirms the allegations about the prescriptions & drug testing and strips souffs of the title.

And ideally kick them back out of the comp.

Latest posts