What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annoying Trends In Modern Videogaming

How about having implementing a matchmaking system that does not work as expected, post release (see 2017's Star Wars: Battle Front 2 as a prime example). All it really needed was team scarmbles in the same lobby at the end of each map instead of the clusterf' of a "system" they implemented.

billygilmore

Juniors
Not particularly recent but yearly sports games that are nothing more than roster updates, seriously who the hell is buying them.

The lack of affordable 4k 120hz plus monitors with OLED quality picture.

The cost of Sim racing gear and VR headsets.

What happened to Rare when they went to mocrosoft.

The lack of use of using games as a way of telling a story, I mean a good movie or series quality story, I think it's coming along but still very much under utilised

Eelementary

Post Whore
I go to fire up my PS4 copy of NBA 2k20 to play some MyCareer - nope! Need to download an update.

Download takes 3 minutes - installation has been 30 minutes, and counting.

I f**king hate this trend in modern gaming.

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
Not particularly recent but yearly sports games that are nothing more than roster updates, seriously who the hell is buying them.

I think its really only if you want to play online with other people. Everyone eventually jumps ship - at least with FIFA

The whingeing from new players to a game which has been out for a while about having to go up against high level players, intimating that the high level players should not play at all. If you play online gaming, especially for a game which has been out for a while, there will be players who love it who keep playing. They paid their hard earned money too, so why the heck should they stop playing because of whiney newbies?

Heck growing up, if you played another person at a game, sometime you beat them, other times they'd beat the proverbial pants off you. Its the nature of gaming. All this "we want equal/fair games" stuff, I mean who said life was fair? There are always going to be players who are better at a game than you either due to experience, or just inherent natural ability. If you can't deal with that, then you should never play any game in online modes.

Latest posts