What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who wins the Premiership?

Who wins the Premiership?

• Penrith

Votes: 66 40.2%
  • Storm

Votes: 44 26.8%
  • Eels

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Roosters

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Raiders

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • Knights

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Rabbits

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Manly

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Sharks

Votes: 6 3.7%

• Total voters

Danish

Referee
Its genuinely hard to tell as only Panthers have stood out from the pack this year, but they are also the least experienced in finals football

they have lost 1 game all year.

if Penrith don’t win the premiership it will be the greatest choke in NRL history

azza29

Juniors
if Penrith don’t win the premiership it will be the greatest choke in NRL history
Well, minor premiers Melbourne lost a preliminary final to the seventh-placed Warriors in 2011 so a high bar has been set for "greatest choke".

greenBV4

Bench
Well, minor premiers Melbourne lost a preliminary final to the seventh-placed Warriors in 2011 so a high bar has been set for "greatest choke".
tbf when you look at how many top 4 finishes we have had vs how many premierships, we choke quite a bit at the pointy end

Danish

Referee

Nah, Storm lost a pathetic 5 games that year.

Penrith have lost one. Just one. All season. Thats basically unheard of in the modern era. Storm managed a few 3 loss seasons this century (although they got the job done those years).

The great Manly in 95 still lost 2 games.

The unstoppable Easts of 75 lost 2 games.

So I'll say it again. Penrith have lost just 1 game. Nothing but a premiership and we'll have the biggest choke in living memory.

greenBV4

Bench
Nah, Storm lost a pathetic 5 games that year.

Penrith have lost one. Just one. All season. Thats basically unheard of in the modern era. Storm managed a few 3 loss seasons this century (although they got the job done those years).

The great Manly in 95 still lost 2 games.

The unstoppable Easts of 75 lost 2 games.

So I'll say it again. Penrith have lost just 1 game. Nothing but a premiership and we'll have the biggest choke in living memory.
twas a shortened season though, maybe they would've lost the last 5? but yeah nah solid effort

Titans would of likely knocked the sharks out of the 8 if there was another 5 games as well, but it is what it is

Danish

Referee
twas a shortened season though, maybe they would've lost the last 5? but yeah nah solid effort

Titans would of likely knocked the sharks out of the 8 if there was another 5 games as well, but it is what it is

By 2 games compared to most seasons.

1 loss all year. Its title or utter failure from where I sit

Danish

Referee
Ha, utter failure eh? Get over yourself.

mate if you don’t win the title after this season, that will be a failure of epic proportions.

Like Steven Gerard flubbing that back pass big. Like Noddy throwing that intercept in origin big. Cleary (both of em) will think about it till their dying days if they don’t take out this comp.

Exsilium

First Grade
By 2 games compared to most seasons.

1 loss all year. Its title or utter failure from where I sit

I agree with this. If it were the Roosters, people would say the same thing.

When you're the best all season, by a fair margin, then you should be walking off with the trophy.

IMO, we are a good, but are we that good? No.

forby

Juniors
But aren’t you all the ones that say Penrith had a soft draw, no travel, no injuries etc?
Now you say if they don’t win the premiership it’s a choke?

Blues Riff

Bench
But aren’t you all the ones that say Penrith had a soft draw, no travel, no injuries etc?
...plus we've peaked too early, have no big game experience and will be bundled out of the finals in straight sets. The way I see it, we have a one in six chance. It will be disappointing not to win it, but it's still been a great season.
This Danish poster is just trying to feel better about his chooks ordinary year.

Apey

Staff member
Not a good result just now for Storm. Raiders will beat them I reckon. Raiders Panthers GF with Raiders going one better this year would be cool.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not a good result just now for Storm. Raiders will beat them I reckon. Raiders Panthers GF with Raiders going one better this year would be cool.

storm fan but I won’t be too upset to see a raiders v panthers final with raiders winning.

cain3y

Juniors
The draw was soft this year, they beat every team.

Latest posts