What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EUAN AITKEN

Old Timer

Coach
Poor old Pereira had to play outside him. I only saw Aitken throw 3 or 4 passes his way and they were rubbish, was covered by three or four defenders each time. I think Pereira would have had, say Lomax inside him, he may have been more effective. Anyway I wish Aitken all the best, he may improve under Nathan Brown, particularly in passing and his shaky defense.
Hard to believe in the end he made Williame look a better prospect

Walpole

Juniors
Good luck to Aitken but suggestions he'll become a better player under Brown will probably prove to be way wide of the mark. When was the last time an established NRL player became better under Brown?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Good luck to Aitken but suggestions he'll become a better player under Brown will probably prove to be way wide of the mark. When was the last time an established NRL player became better under Brown?
I’m still of the belief that brown will use him like a poor man’s Beau Scott - gradually move him into the back row where his talent (hard running & bending the line) can be best used whilst his lack of passing & one on one defensive reads can be nullified..

Belta

Juniors
I’m still of the belief that brown will use him like a poor man’s Beau Scott - gradually move him into the back row where his talent (hard running & bending the line) can be best used whilst his lack of passing & one on one defensive reads can be nullified..

Yeah I concur. To me he would be the ideal utility player. I think especially so with the Warriors next year who will have an enormous pack, (AFB and Murdoch Masiilla? Ah Mau and co, and with current rules speeding up the game a smaller hard running forward could be really effective. Aitken has the added bonus of being able to fill in as a centre if a back is injured. Not sure if Brown will go as many still see him as a potential star centre. I think if Aitken Is used as a utility his speed and strength will be really effective especially coming in fresh and getting out of dummy half against tiring forwards.

Gareth67

First Grade
Not the brightest apple in the basket , however I wish the man the best .

With a bit of luck he may bump into our latest recruit Noone at the airport transit lounge and point the man in the right direction to WIN Stadium . :rolling_eyes:

possm

Coach

With a bit of luck he may bump into our latest recruit Noone at the airport transit lounge and point the man in the right direction to WIN Stadium . :rolling_eyes:
I'm hoping Aitken bumps into Norman across the ditch being the Warriors new signing. Norman and Aitken had a great combination together.

Dragon David

First Grade
I think Aitken will do well for the Warriors. Nathan Brown will have him playing a different roll than when he played for us under McGregor.

He is a nuggety hard to tackle type of player who pushes hard to gain more ground and if he can develop an off load, he will be handy to have on the field.

With the bigger forwards and the return of the bigger wingers to the Warriors team, Aitken will be able to support the bigger men and Brown will train him to pass judiciously to the wingers, if he plays him at centre.

He has only had McGregor coach him and even though McGregor was a centre himself, he was not able to get the best out of Aitken in my opinion.

It will be interesting to see how he goes at the new club and I wish him well.

Dragons 09

Juniors

I'm with you Gareth. I wish him well, but he just doesn't have any footy smarts and that will make it very hard for Brown to reprogram him into something effective. It will be like trying to teach a teenage girl that facebook should not be relied upon for life coaching........a task too high i feel.

Gareth67

First Grade
I'm with you Gareth. I wish him well, but he just doesn't have any footy smarts and that will make it very hard for Brown to reprogram him into something effective. It will be like trying to teach a teenage girl that facebook should not be relied upon for life coaching........a task too high i feel.

Yes it may work out that way Dragons 09 , but I suppose any player that was coached by Mary would not had played to their full potential. So perhaps Brown may be able to do bring out his best , although as someone had said in an earlier post the Warriors have such a strong side that Atkin will find it hard to force his way in .

My view on Aitkin is that he is limited by his physiology. Too tight through his lower torso to rotate freely and this affects his passing and lateral movement. He is like a heavy old V8, very good in a straight line. Can't see this changing at the warriors. A different defensive structure could play to his strengths and make him look better, but as an individual he has peaked.