What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Dragsters

First Grade
I think he was ok with widdop. Agree poor lately...Let's see what Griffin can do....Every player under performed under the previous regime...onward and upward from here.

When Widdop was here our pack was dominant and Hunt played well.

Cleary, Reynolds or any other half in the comp would have struggled behind the Dragons pack over the last two seasons...

possm

Coach
Check with possm...
We have some good young halves coming through and two non-performing millinn dollar halves on the way out. It is the forward pack that really worries me followed by our last line of defence.

We need a squad that can lift to the standard that Canberra and the Roosters played last night. A dominant forward pack is the base and our young backline will excite the fans and keep us competitive.

I'm hoping Griffin has some tricks up his sleeve with regards to recruiting some good forwards for season 2021, otherwise it will be another wasted season.

BLM01

First Grade
We have some good young halves coming through and two non-performing millinn dollar halves on the way out. It is the forward pack that really worries me followed by our last line of defence.

We need a squad that can lift to the standard that Canberra and the Roosters played last night. A dominant forward pack is the base and our young backline will excite the fans and keep us competitive.

I'm hoping Griffin has some tricks up his sleeve with regards to recruiting some good forwards for season 2021, otherwise it will be another wasted season.
Tricks?
You mean like pull a rabbit out of his hat or turn a playing card into a white dove.
Or the harder one...turn the club that was a rabble in one off season into a premiership force with limited available players of any quality on the market and lot of promising talented youth yet to experience much first grade.
And as you put it “the worst recruitment manager and pathways system in the NRL”
I wait in baited breath for your 71st recruitment choice for next year.
Poor Hook.... What was he thinking excepting this job

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
Remember a couple of years ago he was at the crossroads, he was struggling playing fullback making a lot of errors and threw an intercept pass to Aiken in the dying seconds to hand us a win. A couple of years after being moved to 5/8 he is one of the best....how times change !
He in a Gun player .....

denis preston

First Grade
Great article below gives us hope for the future. Club must be congratulated for the work in getting the Lomax's, feagai bros & others externally and putting them in our junior rep teams. Who runs this has done a good job ( and who would that be ? ) That Josh Cotic already looks a big lump of a lad !

St George Illawarra have announced the extension of Steelers junior representative quartet Junior Amone, Tyrell Sloan, Josh Coric and Jackson Shereb-Schmidt.

A collective boost for the Dragons' succession planning and list management for at least the coming four seasons, all four have advanced through the club's junior pathways system.

The guy in question who is our scout is Brian Keegan ( a good mate of Craig Young ) The only thing i could get on Ben Haran is he played for Helensburg .