What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team - way too early speculation

greenBV4

Bench
I know he's that bloke from your team but he's too small to be useful utility let alone starting centre .
He's small but tough, you know he made his melbourne debut last year coming of the bench into the forward pack? commentators were calling him the worlds smallest forward. I could see him easily fit into any of the outside-back positions, is great coverage for if god forbid teddy gets injured, and can come into the forwards as a burst of speed every now and then. (It seems bellamy is planning the same with Nicho Hynes coming off the bench this this week)

And he has gotten a fairly good wrap from Freddy in interviews and Freddy & the Eighth throughout the year

myrrh ken

First Grade
He's small but tough, you know he made his melbourne debut last year coming of the bench into the forward pack? commentators were calling him the worlds smallest forward. I could see him easily fit into any of the outside-back positions, is great coverage for if god forbid teddy gets injured, and can come into the forwards as a burst of speed every now and then. (It seems bellamy is planning the same with Nicho Hynes coming off the bench this this week)

And he has gotten a fairly good wrap from Freddy in interviews and Freddy & the Eighth throughout the year

So Kurt Gidley Mk II

King hit

Coach
I don't think it's a bad call by Fittler. Saifiti is so much more mobile and fitter then Klemmer which works much better with the current rules. Saifiti also played very well last year so he has that backing him up.

greenBV4

Bench
Is this going to remain the main team thread as the actual squad is announced or am I missing that one

May be time for a name change if so, not exactly "way to early" anymore

Also correct me if I'm wrong but they seem to be announcing the players from each team that are in the squad as the teams are knocked out?

davi

Juniors
Klemmer out WTF

I've read the backstory to it according to Paul Kent. Klemmer wasn't selected in the second game last year after playing the first one. He apparently sulked about it for the rest of the series from then on after he returned for game 3. Fittler was concerned if Klemmer wasn't selected again in the first game he would repeat it again. And be a bad influence on the rest of the team.

gordsy

Juniors
Well if Klemmer didn't make it hopefully RCG doesn't either. I read that interview with him about not liking the bubble, don;t know if he will do it or want to. Next, give it the jersey to someone who will have a go not a cry.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Exactly.
Publicly stated he wanted to play for Qld and not for NSW. Should have had a line put through his name from that day forth.

Publicly stated he considered himself a Queenslander and always supported QLD when he first came into grade and was in the emerging maroons.

Then a couple of seasons ago after he was told he was a Blue categorically by the rules did some background digging with QLD management to try and find a loophole in the rules to change his eligibility back to QLD.

Yes he is a gun and he will get picked and probably look good against what will be a very average QLD team but Origin is built on passion and genuine hatred. If I was coach I wouldn’t be picking him and as a fan I will find it hard to cheer for him.

Spot On

Coach
Don't know if a short freshen up will help him, but Boyd Cordner was walking last night - again. He looked shot for most of the game.

That Roosters pack has looked very old, slow and tired the past month.

Shout out to Angus Chricton who has improved out of sight over this season though.

The_Frog

First Grade
Don't know if a short freshen up will help him, but Boyd Cordner was walking last night - again. He looked shot for most of the game.

That Roosters pack has looked very old, slow and tired the past month.

Shout out to Angus Chricton who has improved out of sight over this season though.
Frizzell and Trebojevic J were chosen on reputation. Cordner will be as well although he did play well for 40 minutes last week. That's our starting back row. And how many more? Bennett will be salivating profusely.

Spot On

Coach
Frizzell and Trebojevic J were chosen on reputation. Cordner will be as well although he did play well for 40 minutes last week. That's our starting back row. And how many more? Bennett will be salivating profusely.

Yep. Fitler has been in front of the game so far but any loyalty he may feel needs to be tempered with what his eyes have seen the past few months.

Old fockers won't keep up in Origin. They clearly aren't in semi final footy.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Jake is a total freak and one of the first picked for good reason