What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WNRL Announce 2020 competition.

siv

First Grade
I think they need to look at running them apart from the NRL semis. I know sponsors want it run with the NRL semis because of exposure. This weekends game is a prime example. Not many that are going to see Souths and Parra are going to come early to watch the women. Not many people at all that just want to see the women's games have been able to get tickets as it was sold out.

So this weekend the women's games will get very few people watching at the game, I think the first will be lucky to get 200 as all the tickets have been sold to people wanting to see the NRL game
IF they were to run these 2 games stand alone they would get a couple of thousand at least.

But the NRL will claim fans who turn up 5 min before full time to avoid crowds, traffic etc as NRLW fans

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Yea that's true - and I think ideally and in a post covid world the Women's games will be standalone. They will definitely be able to attract their own fans!

the problem is that the sponsors think they are getting more exposure if the game is aligned with the NRL But you can see today the crowd for the Roosters/Warriors game was terrible. But if both games were at Leichhardt they would have filled it almost

10$ Ferret

Staff member
This second game isn't much. Karma killing the Dragons (Patmore and Lacey are dicks but players are good) and Broncos showing their true colours under pressure with hair pulling and intentional attacking of the kickers legs.
Sorry but I know from experience there are some terrific girls in the Broncos side, but some that are not too

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I will say one thing, after a couple of years of seeing just give it to Jamie and see her run around everyone in the Tg Cup, she has really stood up in the NRLW and done really well for a young lady

Latest posts