What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You go girls

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Had enough ball to win two games. Bombed a try in the second half which could have made all the difference.

Broncos got away with a lot of cheap shots and Brigginshaw should be suspended for tackling Studdon during a kick.

But overall Saints were just unable to convert all those opportunities into points. No real set plays. Not good enough. Coach, it's time to fess up.

utility dragon

Juniors
Bye bye Daniel Lacey, sorry mate but you’ve had the best players and the best selectors for 2 years and other than 9s (who cares) you’ve come up with total disappointment. Real coach would of had this team firing. The roosters had half our side and smashed it with a great coach!

TheFlash

Juniors
Typical, your hatred for Zac now leads you to attack he's partner, weak human you are...

Watching part of the rooster game today, they showed some nice movement with the ball,some nice plays, they actually looked they were coached really well...

gitano

Juniors
Typical, your hatred for Zac now leads you to attack he's partner, weak human you are...

Watching part of the rooster game today, they showed some nice movement with the ball,some nice plays, they actually looked they were coached really well...
Nothing personal, just overrated.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

Yeah, he made a simple observation of the game.

Why abuse him for that?

TheFlash

Juniors
Listen douchebag, we all know the history of Gitano and he's hatred for Lomax, and the weak human that he is, he now has transferred it to Sergis purely because she is Lomax's partner, out of all the players in the NRLW team he has singled out Sergis and not for the 1st time either, yet if you bother to watch the games you could easily add half a dozen of the girls above Sergis who haven't performed to their optimal level, yes she hasnt played to her potential, but why doesn't he comment on the other girls, because she is Lomax partner.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Listen douchebag, we all know the history of Gitano and he's hatred for Lomax, and the weak human that he is, he now has transferred it to Sergis purely because she is Lomax's partner, out of all the players in the NRLW team he has singled out Sergis and not for the 1st time either, yet if you bother to watch the games you could easily add half a dozen of the girls above Sergis who haven't performed to their optimal level, yes she hasnt played to her potential, but why doesn't he comment on the other girls, because she is Lomax partner.
Wow, you’ve certainly lost the grip on discussing football, haven’t you?

Douchebag? Lol. Is this America?

I feel like Sergis didn’t live up to the her promoted hype this season either.

I feel that when she was taken out into touch in the 2nd half on the weekend, it was a poor read that cost us the game.

Does that make me a weak human too?

TheFlash

Juniors
Yes, you're a weak human as well (you can refer to my comments in the Suaalii thread) not for your comments re Sergis form, which i agree hasn't lived up to her standards, but again either has the whole team, they have been woeful to say the least, as i stated above Gitano has form re commenting on Sergis.
I also know what you are attempting to do, trying to make out that I "lost the grip on discussing football" you asked why i "abused" him and i answered, it wasn't about discussing football, it was about he's vendetta against Lomax, which has spilled over to he's partner..
Don't bother replying as i won't be engaging anymore with you.
Anyway flog, is that more Australian to you ? Have a great night...

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yes, you're a weak human as well (you can refer to my comments in the Suaalii thread) not for your comments re Sergis form, which i agree hasn't lived up to her standards, but again either has the whole team, they have been woeful to say the least, as i stated above Gitano has form re commenting on Sergis.
I also know what you are attempting to do, trying to make out that I "lost the grip on discussing football" you asked why i "abused" him and i answered, it wasn't about discussing football, it was about he's vendetta against Lomax, which has spilled over to he's partner..
That’s escalated quickly (and by the way, it’s ‘his’, not ‘he’s’).

So people say a player is out of form and they’re a weak human?

That’s a rather extreme view, wouldn’t you say?

How else can people discuss who’s playing well or not if they can’t mention form?

I’m sure if you took the time to watch a game with me or gitano over a beer you’d find we’re really not the awful humans you’re saying either of us are.

Bayside Dragon

Juniors
Wow, you’ve certainly lost the grip on discussing football, haven’t you?

Douchebag? Lol. Is this America?

I feel like Sergis didn’t live up to the her promoted hype this season either.

I feel that when she was taken out into touch in the 2nd half on the weekend, it was a poor read that cost us the game.

Does that make me a weak human too?

Bayside Dragon

Juniors
Very disappointing discussion, guys. As I understand things, all the girls make incredible sacrifices to pioneer the way forward for their game. They are not being paid the hundreds of thousands that even ordinary NRL players command.
They don't write the hype and expectations ....the press and the fans do that. The public are not paying their hard-earned dollars at the gate for their services ....(Have another look at the number of spectators in the stands, if you think otherwise)

These girls (from all clubs) shame many of their NRL counterparts in terms of commitment to their games. Have another listen to the amount of on-field talk in their games!!! I don't think there are very many of them out there going through the motions to pick up their big contract dollars!

Like many others, I'm very disappointed in the results from our girls this season. I think that our coaching has not been as good as it could have been in organizing the talent. There were a lot of errors and poor decisions, but I don't for a minute doubt the effort and commitment of our players. I say, "Good on you, girls! Finish the season strong, and come back next year - maybe a little wiser and knowledgeable. We'll all be there to support you again!"

Any other attitude would be a great insult to what these girls -and those at other clubs - have given to be part of the Greatest-Game-Of-All.They each know where they have let themselves down at different times, and publicly shaming and embarrassing them with our failed expectations on a public forum such as this is no way to encourage the girls to stay in the game. Ditto for those younger ones thinking of coming through. After all, the NRLW league is a very fledgling competition. Cheers All.

Bayside Dragon

Juniors

I agree that Sergis -or any other player - should not have been singled out in a team that as a unit has under-performed. We lack attacking structure on the edge of the ruck. Our superstar centres got little early ball to run their lines.Very different to last year. Game management needs improving. Over to you, coach!!!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Very disappointing discussion, guys. As I understand things, all the girls make incredible sacrifices to pioneer the way forward for their game. They are not being paid the hundreds of thousands that even ordinary NRL players command.
They don't write the hype and expectations ....the press and the fans do that. The public are not paying their hard-earned dollars at the gate for their services ....(Have another look at the number of spectators in the stands, if you think otherwise)

These girls (from all clubs) shame many of their NRL counterparts in terms of commitment to their games. Have another listen to the amount of on-field talk in their games!!! I don't think there are very many of them out there going through the motions to pick up their big contract dollars!

Like many others, I'm very disappointed in the results from our girls this season. I think that our coaching has not been as good as it could have been in organizing the talent. There were a lot of errors and poor decisions, but I don't for a minute doubt the effort and commitment of our players. I say, "Good on you, girls! Finish the season strong, and come back next year - maybe a little wiser and knowledgeable. We'll all be there to support you again!"

Any other attitude would be a great insult to what these girls -and those at other clubs - have given to be part of the Greatest-Game-Of-All.They each know where they have let themselves down at different times, and publicly shaming and embarrassing them with our failed expectations on a public forum such as this is no way to encourage the girls to stay in the game. Ditto for those younger ones thinking of coming through. After all, the NRLW league is a very fledgling competition. Cheers All.
I know you probably don’t mean for that post to sound sexist, but it does.

The very fact that people are discussing the form of players & if they played well or not is a positive thing.

I thought Steph Hancock was brilliant in game 1, as a prop her kicking game puts a lot of halves to shame.

Bur should I not be saying this?

It’s a competitive game and the players want to win.

The fact that players are seen as being out of form means that there are others on the field playing well - we shouldn’t be lumping everyone together as a group and saying, as you put it, there were a lot of errors and poor decisions in the game.

gitano

Juniors
I agree that Sergis -or any other player - should not have been singled out in a team that as a unit has under-performed. We lack attacking structure on the edge of the ruck. Our superstar centres got little early ball to run their lines.Very different to last year. Game management needs improving. Over to you, coach!!!

So, don't single anyone out. Yet, you've identified attacking structure on the edge of our ruck as a weakness?

Why do you refer to our centres are superstars? If nobody can be criticised, surely nobody can be praised?

Not great for the forum, but there you go.

BLM01

First Grade
The problem with Jess is (the same as Apps and Sam Bremmer) come from a level or grade playing against and with far inferior players
For Helensburgh as I have witnessed it is basically get the ball to them, tuck it under their arm and beat everybody around them as it is in some cases in Juniors. They need to be taught the art of Balance when to do that and / or use their support.
The women’s comp in Wollongong region is not that strong yet but it will take time
It is clear the NRLW is streaks above regional girls comps
But those 3 girls are top level superstars in attack in their own game and just need a coach to be able to work them into game plans and structure attack around them
I have seen Sam Bremmer step about 12 girls and streak away 50 m to score a try without being touched
Just like EA in his junior days
bulldozing his way over oppositions and just very hard to get it out of his game
Mary also failed to get that balance right