What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wk2 Finals: Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread (10/10/20)

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Come on man, Sivo, waqa and fergo have been playing poorly for a while. Taka, dunster and Gennings all done well tonight don’t you think?

I know you’re a BA die hard, and I’m resisting the urge to lay the boot in, bc of the MJ saga being a huge distraction, but changes should of been made weeks ago. We may of been better for it.
Completely agree.

A proper coach would have made these changes. Its obvious he is dictated to by the players. That's why the players vouch for him.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Cos we overrate our players

Seriously ... almost every f**ker here said we would finish arounf 4th to 6th pre season ... and that exactly what happened ... yet theres some misguided expectation we are meant to be better than the top teams .... we just arent one of the top 4 really
Do you reckon the players and coach thought we were a 4th to 6th placed team this year, even halfway through the year? I sure as shit hope not. It’s a good side on paper.

Why are people held to an arbitrary prediction prior to the season?

Noise

Coach
Don’t disagree and have mentioned it a few times, that Sivo / Blake have been poor and should be dropped. Think Fergo has been fine but his partner hasn’t helped.

But no NSW cup really makes it hard this year to make changes.

I reckon there will be changes next year come round 1....

But tonight that didn’t cost us, it was the poor bench rotation.....I think BA did make mistakes there
His first mistake was Stone instead of Kaufusi. Then not staggering the interchanges. Moron.

strider

Post Whore
Evans is hopeless. He had a good start to the year but once signed for Warriors turned to garbage. At that point prob had to be dropped. He gave up on hard running.
He does some ok stuff ... but he has a ratio of 1 good thing to 5 bad things

Happy MEel

First Grade
Not sure but wonder if it was because our wingers were more mobile?

But also Taka is fairly underated defensively, yeah he is slow, but generally makes the right call / rarely misses. But yes he is beaten occasionally by speed.
Yep. I reckon our wingers didn’t overcommit and had enough turn of pace to recover and scramble when their man got outside them.

Sivo is a slug and Fergo has a slow turning circle.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Drowns game hasn’t developed at all this year, I seriously doubt he is getting the coaches he needs to take his game to the next level. Actually I question that for the whole squad.

Guth and Paulo were absolutely outstanding. I hope us bowing out early doesn’t cost them a chance at a Blues jumper.
They’re both locks for Origin in my opinion.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Even when we Moses missed the kick and they went up field. Even when we were down by 8 we still could have turned it around. But we have The biggest panic merchants in our team. Short kicks offs etc.

Before the game I wa so reciting Souths by 50 but after the game it was definetiy opportunity lost by us. We lost the game.

thought RCG and Paulo were tremendous. Gutho as well tried his hardest (apart from the brain explosion / error). Blake had a great defensive game and I thought all the fill ins did a great job considering the circumstances.

our halves and our soft defence cost us the game
Short kick off with 17 mins to go and just down by 8, talk about waving the white flag. And then Mahoney who gets taken off for a Dill Smith. BA just rolled on his tummy to Bennett and offered up his pooper Valve.

Chipmunk

Coach
When your half is playing his 150th game and his overall performance was a major contributing factor to your complete and utter capitulation, then it is simply time for both parties to part ways.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I know you’re a BA die hard

yes, I reckon he has done a great job, but also agree there comes a point where a club needs a change.

I have posted that next year is a big test for BA and probably one of our best chances to win the comp as opposed to this year - rookie spine is more experienced plus hopefully a better bench with some cheap rookies being ready and smart signings.

so if we fail big time next year yes a a chance may be required.

but also my point has always been a change doesn’t necessarily mean we will go better, we should only make a change if there is a better option rather then change for the sake of it.

so we need to ensure if we change coaches it’s a smart decision ..,