What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wk2 Finals: Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread (10/10/20)

IFR33K

Coach
I seriously hope gutho’s career doesn’t parallel Hindys career.

will be a real shame if he doesn’t jag a Comp.

hindy111

Post Whore
Short kick off with 17 mins to go and just down by 8, talk about waving the white flag. And then Mahoney who gets taken off for a Dill Smith. BA just rolled on his tummy to Bennett and offered up his pooper Valve.

Exactly. A deep kick was needed. Then you run dual hookers.

I didnt understand Stones game. 8mtrs.....

I feel Souths where still the better side. We did have a chance but couldn't take it. We did have an 18-8 lead. 11x this year we lead at half time and won.

We played at home. I seen a good effort. But we just lack patience. In 2 finals games not one forced drop out

Chipmunk

Coach
yes, I reckon he has done a great job, but also agree there comes a point where a club needs a change.

I have posted that next year is a big test for BA and probably one of our best chances to win the comp as opposed to this year - rookie spine is more experienced plus hopefully a better bench with some cheap rookies being ready and smart signings.

so if we fail big time next year yes a a chance may be required.

but also my point has always been a change doesn’t necessarily mean we will go better, we should only make a change if there is a better option rather then change for the sake of it.

so we need to ensure if we change coaches it’s a smart decision ..,

I think any deficiencies with the Head Coach will be solved with some assitants who can rectify or mitigate any deficiencies the Head Coach might have.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I agree with hindy, Burton would be good .... but its a risk whether he a Drown can run a team .... tho dont know if its any worse than what we have now .... but plenty of upside

to much risk, 2 rookies isn’t what we need to win the Comp.

but if we are willing to just make finals for a few years, then yes it’s worth the risk....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
When your half is playing his 150th game and his overall performance was a major contributing factor to your complete and utter capitulation, then it is simply time for both parties to part ways.
Yep, I’d be moving him on ASAP. He offered less than zero and was easily the worst half in the game.

Our 120kg prop was playing first receiver more than our 800k half. I’ve always thought he was a running 6 and he barely does that anymore.

Chipmunk

Coach
If Junior/RCG/Nrown/Gutho all make Origin then something has to give with either the rest of the squad or the coaching staff.

strider

Post Whore
I think any deficiencies with the Head Coach will be solved with some assitants who can rectify or mitigate any deficiencies the Head Coach might have.
Only one of his deficiencies is he doesnt pick particularly good assistants

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
As per, some horrendous takes going on after an Eels defeat. I thought tonight was ballsy as all hell. Cook’s effort was a professional foul as they had one player, two at most, defending a huge blind side. Yep, Mitch should’ve kicked the goal... same as Lane shouldn’t have dropped the ball in the third minute, leading to their penalty shot. We are just a couple of astute buys short of giving the comp a proper shake.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
to much risk, 2 rookies isn’t what we need to win the Comp.

but if we are willing to just make finals for a few years, then yes it’s worth the risk....
Burton and Brown might not win a comp, but may in 2 or 3 years time. We are never winning a comp with Moses at 7 he offered less than zero. We looked fair more dangerous when he had nothing to do with our play. Paulo and Guth got to first receiver more than Slalom Moses.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Happy with our energy as well, we came out both halves asleep. You can’t do that in big games and expect to win. Our attention to detail is appalling and has been for his 7 year stint. Things like the separate the top sides from the also rans, there has been nothing in his 7 years that says to me that it is a priority or it has been improved.
Spot on with the attention to detail mate. I know some posters take the piss out of the “accepting mediocrity” comments but every outcome focused organisation has minimum standards that must be met and if they’re not, there are consequences. I see too many of the same mistakes from the same culprits to believe that this is taking place to a level that is anywhere near the top teams.

Last edited: