What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tristan Sailor

Old Timer

Coach
Of course we all condemn the nature of these types of allegations and charges but surely if we have all learned 1 thing from the JDB matter it is that it is far better to wait and see what transpires before making any judgement calls.

As long as the truth comes out and the law is administered justly then we should all be patient as these matters obviously take some time.

TruSaint

Referee
Guilty or not, these alleged assaults do not look good for the Dragons and the NRL.

The NRL must address these issues as soon as possible.

Yes ... He has been charged.

Without opening old wounds, many here opposed the "no fault stand down rule". It applies here, and has been enforced.

More needs to be done, but the governing body, as critical as I am of them , can't bare all the responsibility.

Like I said in the JDB case, let the justice system take its course. Some here blamed the NRL for JDB's matter. Its only that Sailor is leaving that those same members have not expressed the same outrageous garbage.

Rant over.

BLM01

First Grade
The question of the handling of the JDB case by the dragons, and if this had any influence is clearly being raised now.

The club needs to do some massive efforts with education and training. I assume they have, but it now needs to be very visible... I feel embarrassed.
Why, nothing to do with our club as in regards to the allegations. What more do you want the clubs to do. They have made their statement, they are offering their support even know he wont be employed by them in 3 weeks.
The club are the ones to have to put out any fire with the sponsor concerns, and I note at this stage he is still innocent until proven otherwise.
There comes a time when people themselves need to take responsibility for their own actions.
And if you want more education and training, what about the life coaches doing the training if it is needed. Start with the parents or own family if available..
All clubs do plenty about education re treatment of women, alcohol etc etc, especially at lower levels.

Last edited:

jeffdragon

Bench
Why, nothing to do with our club as in regards to the allegations. What more do you want the clubs to do. They have made their statement, they are offering their support even know he wont be employed by them in 3 weeks.
The club are the ones to have to put out any fire with the sponsor concerns, and I note at this stage he is still innocent until proven otherwise.
There comes a time when people themselves need to take responsibility for their own actions.
And if you want more education and training, what about the life coaches doing the training if it is needed. Start with the parents or own family if available..
All clubs do plenty about education re treatment of women, alcohol etc etc, especially at lower levels.

Agree
When will these blokes learn.
The club can't watch them 24-7.
Just like jdb.
Put himself in the stupid position.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Yes it's a sad story, but for me it's totally irrelevant if one had a contract or the other didn't.
What is relevant is the presumption of innocence and the same same respect given to the alleged victim/s. Like I said, let the justice system do its job.
Irrelevant to the case but not irrelevant to the tragedy this will cause to a young mans life.

NRL 4 is starting to look a lot more attractive than watching real football and the media circus that accompanies it.
The players aren't as stupid, i can mix the commentary down and if we lose the only person I can blame is me.
One hopes that the Dragons may also offer the same level of support to the alleged victim as to Tristan Sailor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragon David

First Grade
So damn disappointing to see such a young and bright person such as Tristan Sailor charged for the alleged sexual assault of a woman known to him.

The guy has talent but not enough to be resigned by us and indeed whatever the result of the case at the end, he could find that his football career will be over with no offers going his way particularly seeing that there has not been any other club chasing his services before this charge was pinned on him.

I wish him luck and also the alleged victim in this case.

Last edited by a moderator:

merahputih

Juniors
I hope for the alleged victim's and defendant's sake in Sailor's case it doesn't take two years for them to have their day in court like the JDB case has. I appreciate due process, etc has to be observed but two years does not seem reasonable for anyone involved.

I hope for the alleged victim's and defendant's sake in Sailor's case it doesn't take two years for them to have their day in court like the JDB case has. I appreciate due process, etc has to be observed but two years does not seem reasonable for anyone involved.

I most respectfully disagree with my learned friend above.

Getting the result right is way more important than any ancillary adverse consequences of delay.

If convicted, these young men are facing custodial sentences and full time gaol is a completely f**ked up place. There is a whole lot at stake.

The legal process needs to run its course.

No short cuts.

Whatever the verdict is, it needs to be strong and reliable. Any alleged defects prosecution and defence should be cured. The legal atmosphere, crisp and defined.

In my respectful submission, while delay is a pain in the arse generally, my own view is that it has its substantive and lawful virtues in this case.

Note jbd and his friend have the same lawyer, lawyers can’t rely on plan b in such cases. I am expecting their evidence to loosely match. Doesn’t make it true, but that’s my position.

Last edited:

matPORTS

Juniors
Thinking back I have to ask the questions...

Why was Tristan barely given any game time, despite the form of others warranting him more of a shot? Why did we eventually decide not to seek a new deal? Is it possible the club and coaching staff saw him as a bit of a loose cannon? Were there issues surrounding his attitude and focus (and is this a problem with some of the other juniors coming through)?

Thinking back I have to ask the questions...

Why was Tristan barely given any game time, despite the form of others warranting him more of a shot? Why did we eventually decide not to seek a new deal? Is it possible the club and coaching staff saw him as a bit of a loose cannon? Were there issues surrounding his attitude and focus (and is this a problem with some of the other juniors coming through)?

I’d speculate to answer that by stating that by and large, most clubs are prepared to play alleged and actual rogues if they feel their services are of use. Lodge, Norman, May and Packer et al.

I haven’t heard he was trouble, just the usual young nrl lad. People will know more than me on that front.

Not that this is really relevant to the allegations or his defence in the case.

I think McGregor and Hook passed him up on lack of ability or promise in comparison to others available or the club is seeking. Rightly or wrongly, a coaching business decision.

That’s my stab at it, but happy to corrected though.

dragonreddy

Juniors
I’d speculate to answer that by stating that by and large, most clubs are prepared to play alleged and actual rogues if they feel their services are of use. Lodge, Norman, May and Packer et al.

I haven’t heard he was trouble, just the usual young nrl lad. People will know more than me on that front.

Not that this is really relevant to the allegations or his defence in the case.

I think McGregor and Hook passed him up on lack of ability or promise in comparison to others available or the club is seeking. Rightly or wrongly, a coaching business decision.

That’s my stab at it, but happy to corrected though.

Agree with all you have said ,and the part of your post I highlighted is the part that is something that has to be rammed home with these young guys that they can no longer be.

We keep seeing this happening with young blokes and some not so young getting themselves into situations that are life changing, and if proven abhorrent and rightly deserving of an appropriate sentence, so the message isn't getting through .

Times have changed and being a usual young NRL lad is going to require squeaky clean behaviour and being one of the boys then brushing under the carpet 'isn't possible any more.
Obviously any of the type of behaviour that is alleged has never been ok ,but I think some of these guys think they are above accountability as they no doubt watch as some of the senior players get pandered to by their respective clubs.

NRL will need to be a lot more proactive getting the message across re accountability for actions than what they are doing now.

I agree with you though that young Sailor seemed to be without fault up to now regarding his behaviour
,and was probably unfortunate he had a couple of high salaried players blocking his path ,even though they are useless.

Dragon David

First Grade
We don't know what is truly on a person's mind. There are different circumstances played out for every one of us. We don't know if a person has sexual deviant thoughts or aggressive thoughts or nothing at all.

Even if someone is psycho analysed, the truth may not come out. However, whatever the circumstances or what behavioural problems one has, lives in the long run are affected to both the alleged offender and the victim. No-one is the winner, they are both losers in my opinion.

If not already led or addressed:

I wanted to add that any footage the cops can recover from anywhere they interacted may assist the prosecution provided that it clearly shows the alleged conduct

If it doesn’t, they may be able to proceed with
other evidence.

If the vision covers the interaction etc, and doesn’t show anything, the defence might argue no spike.

Witnesses either way might be present, I don’t know and they may assist either side ( or not!)

And both will be cross examined.

A lot of other scenarios are potentially available, involvement of third parties etc

Just some thoughts, no conclusions.

Both sides should review any available vision is my point, see if it shows anything. May be incomplete of course.