What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PF2 Panthers vs Rabbits

kinghippo

Juniors
The Eels forwards had Souths covered tonight but their bench didn’t have enough in them to keep the momentum going.
Our Bench is probably the best in the comp and won’t give Souths an inch.
There is no doubt Souths can score a nice try but I am pretty confident we will grind them down as we have done with teams all year.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Souths don’t worry me, if we play with the same consistency, we will win.

Ours to lose as far as I’m concerned.
Yeah our forwards will be far too strong. Our halves are also miles better than Mitch Moses and Dylan Brown.
We play our own game we win very comfortably imo

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah our forwards will be far too strong. Our halves are also miles better than Mitch Moses and Dylan Brown.
We play our own game we win very comfortably imo

We complete sets. Keep teams coming off their own half and make few errors that will trouble Souths

BxTom

Bench
Yeah a multi billion dollar industry based on probability means nothing......
Yes, it's based upon probability, not odds. Probability is based upon data such as number of races, distances, weights, track conditions etc. Not published odds which is based upon what money has been wagered.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yes, it's based upon probability, not odds. Probability is based upon data such as number of races, distances, weights, track conditions etc. Not published odds which is based upon what money has been wagered.

You couldn't bet on the game before last night. The opening odds are done by putting data into a computer. That data has us very short odds... whether the players justify that is the question

murraymob

First Grade
Controlling the middle of the field is the key.That will give us the field position to control the game .the bunnies are brilliant 20 meters out .There backline is killing it.But will they get that close that often against us .No

murraymob

First Grade
The key difference between us and the eels are the back 3.We will be able to get reasonable if not great field position at the end of our sets.Parra without Sivo and Fargo just did not get far enough out

Smug Panther

First Grade
The key difference between us and the eels are the back 3.We will be able to get reasonable if not great field position at the end of our sets.Parra without Sivo and Fargo just did not get far enough out
Better forwards, backs and halves

John Hamblin

Juniors
After watching the game last night I am very confident we get the job done against the Bunnies. The Bunnies had their share of luck but scored some good tries. Our tried and tested formula where our forwards dominate the opposition and don't give them field position will get us through to the GF.

Also noticed in almost every ruck when the Rabbits were defending the second marker was standing about a metre to one side. The officials did not penalise them once for this.

Over on the bunnies forum, they are smugging up over the loss of kiks, apparently a player who frightens them.

They are very hard to plan for in defence, they have multiple ball players and I think they will resort to a number of new plays nobody has seen.

They also won’t be spooked if you take an early lead.

They seem to like broken play like you guys, not as competent, but they don’t shy away when things go a bit haywire and they will turn up in numbers.

The Cleary v Reynolds battle should be great. You have to run at him all day long.

I’d think the break will freshen you up, Bennett has started his mind games already saying he hasn’t really followed you. He’d be the only one in the game if that was the case lol. First salvo away.

It’s a bit of a shame that your side hasn’t attracted the commendations it deserves per individual performances. Yeo, To’o and Crichton spring to mind as forgotten quasi superstars.

Last edited:

Pomoz

Bench
We can win this game if we don't get fooled into to trying to match South's razzle dazzle football. South's are much better at it than we are. They will rip us to pieces. Just stick to our forward and defence dominated game plan and power through the middle repeatedly. The same plan that made us win 16 straight. A fast defensive line, run straight and hard through the middle, kick to the corners and keep them pinned in their own half. Every time Reynolds gets the ball, smash him. He isn't physically robust.

In my view, we will be a better team with Kikau out and Leniu on the bench. South's fleet footed backs would be targeting Kikau and late in each half he is a real liability (something that could be avoided if Cleary used his bench properly, but he doesn't and so he is). Capewell is much more mobile and we can now bring Leniu off the bench and continue to smash them through the middle.

Our markers must be on 110% alert for dummy half runs and If we can get straight into our groove early, South's will find it hard to get out of their own half. They made 16 errors against Parra with a 71% completion rate. We made five errors against the Roosters and completed at 95%. Different teams I know, but we have produced that sort of consistency all year and if we can match that again, we will win.