What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wk2 Finals: Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread (10/10/20)

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Geeze the Tigers salt on Moses never ends.

You didn’t want him so he left. Get over it.

You're right we didn't want him, well at least not for the money he wanted anyway. He then went and deliberately tanked in games to get released. Salt, bitterness etc, not the right way to describe it. It is after all just a game. But a wry smile once, I don't think you can deny a fan that.

TheRam

Coach
So what ? Moses was defending in the centres all game last night.

Mate I was mostly kidding. I would go hard for this kid. November 1st I would throw every cent we can afford at him. Then if it comes off, I would offer Moses to stay if he likes...or explore his options. But I would make it clear to Burton that he and Brown going forward are our starting halves when he arrives in 2022 if the Panthers don't release him sooner.

That way you know Moses will have a dummy spit and look to leave himself and save us carrying any residual on our books. Similar to how the Roosters played it with Cronk.

Moses would have at least 3 or 4 suitors for sure and everyone in the end is happy.

This way we have D Brown playing in his rightful position and Burton in his. Sure we probably won't win it next year, but at least we will be actually progressing forward with a spine that has 1000% improvement in them over the next 2-5 years. We would easily make the 8 every year with a spine like that, but the up side is way bigger then keeping Moses and hoping that he gets his yoyo sh*t together.

Make it happen HOF.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't think he is being salty at all. Just highlighting some glaring deficiencies in Moses' game and how it has been a pattern since he came in to 1st grade.
Yet if he kicked that goal and we scored from the resulting possession and won the game his deficiencies would not be a topic today.

I also wish that he was as good as Cooper Cronk or JT :goat:, but he’s not and players like that are generations apart. The best 7 in the comp right now is a good version of Jeff Robson FFS. He is lucky that his 6 Lui is creative his job is simple to shift the ball and get to his kicks. Occasionally he has a show and go.

We will only grow when Brown becomes more creative and has some line breaks in him. You only get do far when your game just consists of hustle play.

In the meantime 7s are hard to find and ours is not perfect but FMD you don’t dump him because he’s not. Guaranteed he would walk into 10 teams right now because their 7 options are much worse than ours.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't think he is being salty at all. Just highlighting some glaring deficiencies in Moses' game and how it has been a pattern since he came in to 1st grade.
Yep it was a very good and fair assessment of Moses the footballer and person, unlike some of the other Tigers fans he came in and said his piece which was spot on IMO.

Incorrect

Coach
Yet if he kicked that goal and we scored from the resulting possession and won the game his deficiencies would not be a topic today.

I also wish that he was as good as Cooper Cronk or JT :goat:, but he’s not and players like that are generations apart. The best 7 in the comp right now is a good version of Jeff Robson FFS. He is lucky that his 6 Lui is creative his job is simple to shift the ball and get to his kicks. Occasionally he has a show and go.

We will only grow when Brown becomes more creative and has some line breaks in him. You only get do far when your game just consists of hustle play.

In the meantime 7s are hard to find and ours is not perfect but FMD you don’t dump him because he’s not. Guaranteed he would walk into 10 teams right now because their 7 options are much worse than ours.

But he DIDN'T kick the goal... That's the point.

Moses' issues seem to be between the ears more than physical limitations. The missed penalty goal from near in front is a symptom of that.

Re Cleary - if he was playing in our number 7 jersey, would you still be describing him as a good version of Jeff Robson?

strider

Post Whore
You're right we didn't want him, well at least not for the money he wanted anyway. He then went and deliberately tanked in games to get released. Salt, bitterness etc, not the right way to describe it. It is after all just a game. But a wry smile once, I don't think you can deny a fan that.
Its ok to be a bit salty towards some player you feel was shit for your club ..... parra fans do the same - every time corey norman f**ks up there is a cheer from this forum

from what I see I think there is probably the highest salt content with tigers and moses though .... but i think its probably reasonable as moses' behaviour is rather polarising at times

for example, something i saw last night shitted me about moses ..... after the game, gutho got em all in a circle and was giving em a big talk - everyone was paying attention - but moses broke out of the circle and looked to be sooking - cool he was upset we lost, but to me it seemed his own self-interest/sooking overrides listening to his captain trying to give em some words to take away from a disappointing end to the season

Tooooks

Bench
It's a pity Souths ran away with it towards the end as it was a lot closer contest than I was expecting. With Fergo, Jennings & Sivo in the team who knows what it could have been, though with that said Parra's edge defence last night was far superior than previous weeks. Gutho changed my opinion of him last night, I always thought he was a good footballer but his first half was top shelf. The try celebration needs a bit of work though.

Onto Moses. I can't help but admit to cracking a wry smile last night. To stuff that kick for goal with the game on the line & all the pressure is just pure Moses. Then the chip & trip over his own feet then remonstrate with the ref instead of getting up to defend, glorious. Us tigers fans always knew him as the downhill skier, great when everything is going his way & can make the highlight reel. However when you need him to make a play under pressure or manage the game it's beyond him.
The midfield bombs will never stop, he's been doing it since he first came into grade. I originally thought it must be a coaching thing, but after multiple coach changes at the Tigers & then a club change he's still doing the same thing. Earlier in the year I thought he might be turning it from potential into reality, but after 150 games that's it I think.

Anyways, tough luck last night. Even though you went out in straight sets at least you got to watch your team play in post season games, something us tigers fans can only fantasise about.

Pretty fair comments, especially re Moses. If he didn’t have to run the team, he’d probably be better. But he’s got a shit attitude and seems like a knob, which we knew when we signed him so that’s no surprise.

Delboy

First Grade
Can anyone give a reason why when the penalty was given for taking Junior out extremely late playing the ball when we had a glaring overlap , that no 10 In the bin was given for the most blatant professional foul on an attacking player was confounding. Sure the kick hit the post, but probably would have played on if player was in the bin. There’s a reluctance to penalise Souffs with Wayne in charge, consider that decision by the ref a major turning point.

Now when the season is reviewed there needs to be glaring deficiencies filled ( bench Forwards/middles and speed) and pressure back on O’Neil and the retention committee to take us to the next level. Might mention changing assistant coaches for fresh ideas and voices.

strider

Post Whore
Can anyone give a reason why when the penalty was given for taking Junior out extremely late playing the ball when we had a glaring overlap , that no 10 In the bin was given for the most blatant professional foul on an attacking player was confounding. Sure the kick hit the post, but probably would have played on if player was in the bin. There’s a reluctance to penalise Souffs with Wayne in charge, consider that decision by the ref a major turning point.

Now when the season is reviewed there needs to be glaring deficiencies filled ( bench Forwards/middles and speed) and pressure back on O’Neil and the retention committee to take us to the next level. Might mention changing assistant coaches for fresh ideas and voices.
Cook is a nice guy and the media don't wanna harp on him doing a professional foul

Noise

Coach
Overchasing isn't a thing. Takairangi left that hole.
How is overchasing not a thing? So if you are marker and the play goes to the left the coach is happy for the marker to keep chasing that way no matter how far the player runs or how many passes are made?

strider

Post Whore
agree with pou that it was Taka (2nd marker) that should have also pushed to cover the hole ... but also think drown made a mistake too - tho hard to bag someone for trying really hard ... im sure we would have had it drilled into us that the marker needs to be all over cook like a fly on shit and drown just tried to do that

Gronk

Staff member
But he DIDN'T kick the goal... That's the point.

Moses' issues seem to be between the ears more than physical limitations. The missed penalty goal from near in front is a symptom of that.

Re Cleary - if he was playing in our number 7 jersey, would you still be describing him as a good version of Jeff Robson?
Which just confirms the fickleness of your position. He's a hero or he's a zero.

Clearly needs a creative 6, so unless he has Keary or Lui throwing money balls he'll look average. Api K up the middle creates momentum.

Adam Reynolds is the same without his 6 & 9 he is shit.

Moses needs his 6 to be the guy next year and our boy Reed needs to find a bit of touch footy in his game rather just shifting.

Incorrect

Coach
Which just confirms the fickleness of your position. He's a hero or he's a zero.

Kicking that penalty goal would not have made him a hero. It was adjacent to the uprights. There's no debate, the guy should have kicked it with his eyes closed. It wasn't even a clutch moment, but he still fell a long way short of delivering what his team needed... If that's a Zero, then so be it...

hindy111

Post Whore

Yet if he kicked a goal from infront?

This wasn't only issue. In 160mins he failed to force a line drop out.